MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wasn't he considered washed?

I thought he could still put up ~120-130 wRC+ - especially in Yankee Stadium - and his $16 million a year contract was fair market value.  He keeps hitting anything close to this though and obviously he'll opt out.  Funny thing is two of the three homers were totally Yankee Stadium cheapshots.  Even the third wouldn't have gotten out of some parks...I think.

1 hour ago, MercenaryChef said:

324 game suspension for bauer.

fuck that guy.

Apparently this is the first time someone has been suspended under the MLB’s DV policy without a settlement agreement. Unsurprisingly, Bauer, that dumb dick, is appealing the suspension.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Too lenient in my book. Does this mean the Dodgers can void his contract?

Yup, going forward, but not retroactively. Basically Bauer gets paid up to today, but nothing more.

10 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Yup, going forward, but not retroactively. Basically Bauer gets paid up to today, but nothing more.

That's what I though, thanks.

If Bauer ever wants to play professional baseball again he'll have to decide if he wants to learn Spanish, Korean or Japanese because I think his MLB career is over. 

Quite the first month for the Yanks.  Best record at 15-6, won eight in a row, top 5 offense and pitching staff with a much better defense.  Really wish the playoffs started tomorrow as this is probably the peak of their season.  Not just due to inevitable injuries - which started tonight with Joey Gallo leaving the game with a groin injury.  Also cuz goddamn have they played shitty teams other than the Blue Jays.  And I guess the Sawks, but we'll see. 

More interesting, how are the Reds 3-19? Baseball by the nature of the sport should gift you more wins than that. Keep an eye out for them having the worst season ever recorded in the modern era. 

On 4/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, DMC said:

Yeah.  To be fair, Higgy was 12th, but he's also 1 for 18 so far.  If he doesn't start hitting by the end of the month...

And right on cue, Trevino is starting his second straight game tonight, third in the last four days.

Archived