MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

Judge continues to rake, but Yankees lose Michael King to a fractured elbow. That’s a devastating loss and makes the trade deadline that much more interesting now. Chapman is also completely lost still.

Watching episode 2 of The Captain. They’re onto the dynasty years. What a time it was. Strawberry with the haymaker left on Benitez.

Sawx have given up 55 runs in their last 3 games. Good times.

Yanks got Scott Effross!  Had no idea who he was but looks like a typical Cashman ninja move.  With Benintendi this is already a good deadline while giving up literally nothing I care about.  Now if they can just get a starter...

Yankees get Montas. Give up Sears and a few other good pitching prospects. Maybe a little steep but whatever. Just go for it now. Not having to give up any of their top hitting prospects is nice. 

They also got Lou Trivino, who apparently has been awful this year looking at his stats.

56 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Not having to give up any of their top hitting prospects is nice. 

Yeah, but at the same time, they just traded their three best pitching prospects - and Sears, who's been very good this year.  Woulda liked them to mix in some hitters there but I guess the A's wanted pitching.  The Trevino thing is confounding.  He doesn't belong on the 26 man roster but I guess if their pitching coach liked him he was a throw-in.

ETA:  Also sad they gave up Waldichuk, he was my favorite pitching prospect in a while.

Archived