MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

Certainly a head-scratcher. I see some logic to the rumors that the Yankees had a deal with Miami in place for Pablo Lopez that fell through last minute.

Did they? Rumor is the ask on Lopez from the Dodgers was Lux + 3 prospects. At that price it feels like the Marlins weren’t really trying to trade him; just seeing if they could be blown away

58 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Did they? Rumor is the ask on Lopez from the Dodgers was Lux + 3 prospects. At that price it feels like the Marlins weren’t really trying to trade him; just seeing if they could be blown away

I did hear the Dodgers put up a good package. I figured the Cardinals had no chance with the Marlins asking for an overpay, content to keep him. The Yankees/Cardinals trade is confusing, but does make sense if the Yankees indeed expected a big trade at the wire. It just sounds as unlikely as your team or mine getting Lopez - DMC would better know if they feasibly had the prospects to make that trade happen. 

I have the Cards/Cubs game on now. Stroman was absolute nails for six innings and was pitching flawlessly around the edges. Then suddenly he leaves a bunch of pitches up, and the Cardinals hit 5 straight balls to the warning track or out. Cubs being Cubs.

3 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Supposedly Yankees were the closest team to getting Lopez. Gleyber’s names was being discussed, and it didn’t include their top prospect Volpe. Not many details outside of that from what I saw?

Yep, that's what I saw too.  I'm skeptical about the Torres thing.  He's certainly repaired his value this year, but it appears the Marlins are set at second (and short) for the next two years, so that doesn't make much sense to me.  Maybe the Yanks were offering a package centered around Pereza.  :dunno:

10 minutes ago, grozeng said:

I saw the trade as more of them admitting Hicks is not the answer.

After his double play late in the game the other night I was thinking the same thing. He’s been a complete disaster the last few years.

Hicks still has 3 years left after this season. I convinced myself it was 2 before looking. Ugh

I was at Busch for the Cards/Yankees finale today. Been to many games in several stadiums, but never in a Suite. Our own buffet and beers and all that. Don't think I've ever been to a game better.... suited than this one. We got there at 12:30 and left at six. It was 96 degrees and "Felt Like" 108 in the first. Two and a half hours later it was still only the fourth. 

I can't even describe how wild that game was. I was hoarse by the third yelling at the terrible ump - who was even worse for the Yankees enough that your manager got tossed before ours had the chance to! Then after hours of being heavily boo'ed, he gets drilled in the head and literally gets a concussion. 19 LOB. 21 runs. After a 1-0 game Saturday. What in the hell, guys?! I don't think I've ever seen a crazier game live.

2 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Tatis Jr. suspended 80 games after testing positive for Clostebol, a performance enhancing substance. Well damn.

Holy shit. Man, being a Pads fan must really suck.

Don't think I've seen more volatile regression between the Yanks lucking into wins in the first half and now bad-lucking into losses the last three weeks.  They haven't lost tonight yet but they're about to.

There are also questionable moves.  Clarke Schmidt pitched six perfect innings with eleven strikeouts last night.  With Scranton.  Meanwhile, Albert Abreu has helped blow a few games, is the last man in the bullpen, and has already been DFA'd twice this year after the Yanks traded him five days before the season started.

Archived