MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

9 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Holmes has crashed back to earth. Hicks, Gleyber and Donaldson are all pressing like crazy. Tough to watch right now. Could see this loss coming a mile away with all the guys they kept leaving on early.  

Yeah Chapman has rather quickly won his job back.  They should do that now.

Torres is in a black hole of a slump.  Hicks is what he is at this point - while his absolute lack of power is kinda confounding, his on-base abilities are still nice at the bottom of the lineup.  Bader will be an upgrade in the field and on the basepaths, but he wasn't performing much better at the plate, at least this year.  As for Donaldson, he's actually been pretty damn hot lately, pretty sure he's enjoying his best stretch this season.

53 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I mean Donaldson did have that 4-5 game a few nights ago. But besides that has been pretty much the same. He seems to K with guys on every single time. 

Even before that game he was 6 for 21 with two doubles, a homer, and four walks in 6 games to start August.  That's good for a .876 OPS.

55 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Agree that they should definitely get Schmidt back up. Like why the fuck not?

I get stretching him out in case German shit the bed, but he's actually been pretty good since that first start against the Astros.  So..now what?

Real bummer to hear that Buehler is down for the season. I loathe hearing about major injuries so much - every year they change the narrative of a whole season for teams. That said, you Dodgers fans go from the best team in baseball to... the best team in baseball. I expect them to cut through the post-season like left-out Kerrygold.

If you don't mind starting this by a clean sweep of the cheesehead Brewers, I would appreciate it. You'll not hear me root for the Dodgers this loudly again all season. (Until you play them a second time next week).

Man, the takes from Edwin Encarnacion, David Ortiz, and Pedro Martinez on the Tatis suspension are ridiculous. I mean, I guess I can understand Tatis Sr. scrambling to excuse his kid, even if he should shut the fuck up already, but these other guys? What are you dudes doing?

Jays season is so weird…it seems to always be winning 9 of 10 or losing 9 of 10, rinse, repeat. You’re never as good as you look hot or bad as you look cold, but there’s so little in between this year I have no sense of what the team actually is. 

edit: other than not nearly as good as they were supposed to be. 

A 15-10 game in the 8th with five running innings coming from both teams in the 5th? Shit if this was baseball every night it might become the nation's pastime again.

Also, the Sox should be embarrassed that the Orioles have a better record than they do. 

I always enjoy it when I get to gleefully root for the Cubs winning a big home game. The Brewers blow another game with bad decisions and poor late game pitching. While I pity diehard Brewers fans for witnessing their team self-destruct, it's been a heck of an August in St Louis.

Happy (belated?) Birthday Myshkin!  My brother's 40th is in 3 hours.  He's older but I think it bothers me almost as much as him.

And yeah, the Yanks have suckes ass for a full month now, but you knew both their luck in close games and.just general regression were gonna happen eventually in their marathon of a season.  

Frankly kinda happy it's happening now instead of when it really counts.  Hopefully they'll revert back to the mean in about a month. 

Pretty sure Yankees are under .500 for the last sixty games. I saw some stat that they had been over .700 for the first sixty and under .500 for the next.

So...which Yankee team is the real one?

More importantly, does it matter, since the Twins couldn't take two out of three from them even if the Twins got the free runner on second in every inning, instead of just the tenth.

I hatelove baseball.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Happy (belated?) Birthday Myshkin!  My brother's 40th is in 3 hours.  He's older but I think it bothers me almost as much as him.

Yeah, I just turned 41, which is really lame. Starting to think my window on making the big leagues might be closing

• 2 weeks later...

The professional baseball club that I have rewarded with my support has signed a contract with Julio Rodriguez in an amount ranging from a 'huge amount of' to 'all the money'. This contract may also outlive me though that is unlikely.  

Archived