MLB 2022: No Pitchers Allowed

Myshkin

I really like the M's contract they worked out. If he truly becomes a generational star with staying power he'll be paid like one. If he is Very Good he'll have an opportunity for a opt out and new contract at 29. 

Also had a blast watching Ichiro the other day. Possibly the most likable baseball star ever? 

Got to see Albert hit 695 at Busch yesterday. Unforgettable moment. I got to see the incredible 4.5 hour Cards/Yankees marathon this season, which was the most fun I've ever had at a live game. It's been a hell of a season for Redbird fans. I'm still a bit delirious.

Thank you David Ross for not walking him - though the next two batters were Goldschmidt and Arenado, so I understand the logic. Why he didn't put in a righty for the inning is sheer idiocy, of course. 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

You’re ok with being the Kevin Millar of this argument?

(Also, Judge #55)

On 8/31/2022 at 1:38 AM, DMC said:

Judge hit his 51st tonight.  The way the Yanks' season is going, I predict he'll get to 60 in about two weeks, then test positive for PEDs.

Just checking the timing.  Looks like he's indeed on pace to hit 60 in a week.

20 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Y'all playing the Twins. It's not crazy to suggest Judge can get to 60 tonight.

There's a crazy stat, I can't recall it specifically, but basically over the last 20 years the Twins have a winning percentage over .500 against every other team in the league combined, but their winning percentage against the Yanks is sub .300 and they've lost 13 straight playoff games to them.

31 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Nice win by Judge and the triple-A roster. 

Yeah 5 out of 9 - excepting Judge, Torres, IKF and Higgy (and the latter two easily could be) - literally were Scranton's lineup from about three weeks ago.  Same story with Game 2 tonight - except also your favorite Hicks leading off!

21 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm glad I can share my seething hatred of the 2004 (and 13 in my case) Red Sox with the Yankee denizens of the board.

Obviously any Yankee fan will be happy to share in Sawks hatred.  Welcome!

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Yeah 5 out of 9 - excepting Judge, Torres, IKF and Higgy (and the latter two easily could be) - literally were Scranton's lineup from about three weeks ago.  Same story with Game 2 tonight - except also your favorite Hicks leading off!

Obviously any Yankee fan will be happy to share in Sawks hatred.  Welcome!

I worked 9 years in New York and my seething animosity of the Red Sox (and Pats and Celtics to a lesser but tangible amount) made me never want to even visit Boston, despite my heritage and a vibrant Irish trad music scene. 

Also, of course I'm biased, but I find Masshole sports fans as dismissing as anyone of anything Midwest, and that's a very large sample size of a career of bar chatter.

(Sorry to any Bostonians but not really. Your uncle was an asshole to me probably)

24 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

(Sorry to any Bostonians but not really. Your uncle was an asshole to me probably)

LOL.  Have to say I've always enjoyed Boston.  It's certainly in part due to my childhood vacations being two weeks at Cape Cod that naturally included a couple days there, but I've still frequently visited due to conferences and such and other than the traffic/street layout it is easily one of my favorite cities.  As a Yankee fan I'll of course never admit to saying that without sharp questioning.

As for their fans, yeah they generally suck pretty hard, but again as a Yankees fan...

Archived