What kind of ruler and political player Willas Tyrell will be ?

Willas Tyrell the eldest son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Hightower, oldest brother of Garlan, Loras and Margaery and heir to the Reach and Highgarden will most certainely be one of the major players of the game of thrones during The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.

Described as a very intelligent and studious man, known for his love of reading and raising horses and haws, and respected by his grandmother Olenna Tyrell he looks to be far wiser and able than his ambitious and pompous father. 

What kind of lord of Highgarden and lord of the Reach do you think that Willas Tyrell will be once he succeeds his father ? What kind of politician, diplomat and strategist do you think that he will be once we see him in action ? 

How well do you think that he'll work with his siblings, if they are available, and other family members such as his grandmother and cousins and uncles and his vassals ? With who do you think that he may ally to face the political and military conflicts that the Reach and all of Westeros will know in the last two books ?

I can't really say what will happen. all we know is Willas and Garlan are going to war with Iron Born...  but for a crippled guy to have respect of Reach lords in a country that physical ability is praised means something! and he was pen pals with Oberyn...moreover,  he clearly has a good relationship with his siblings and I think he's a caring brother (Garlan the Galent incident) .  I think Willas might be a younger version of Doran.

2 hours ago, EggBlue said:

I can't really say what will happen. all we know is Willas and Garlan are going to war with Iron Born...  but for a crippled guy to have respect of Reach lords in a country that physical ability is praised means something! and he was pen pals with Oberyn...moreover,  he clearly has a good relationship with his siblings and I think he's a caring brother (Garlan the Galent incident) .  I think Willas might be a younger version of Doran.

I don't think that he'll be as slow and overcautious as Doran though, since Doran's plans have fallen have fallen apart because of his slowness, him not taking in account the situation changes and the fact that his pawns have mind of their own. 

I think Willas will be quicker to act and use opportunities and more adaptable than Doran. 

7 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Willas Tyrell is the best husband if Dany should decide to marry a man of Westeros. 

I can't believe that I agree with what you say :) however , unfortunately, Dany seems more interested in bad boys... so , I think if she ever meets Euron she'll like him! before she sees his absolute madness underneath ,of course...

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Willas Tyrell is the best husband if Dany should decide to marry a man of Westeros. 

agreed

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

I can't believe that I agree with what you say :) however , unfortunately, Dany seems more interested in bad boys... so , I think if she ever meets Euron she'll like him! before she sees his absolute madness underneath ,of course...

Dany is a very intelligent girl.  She had no love for Hizdahr but she still married him for political reasons.  She will marry this Willas Tyrell if he is useful.  

On 2/3/2022 at 1:49 AM, EggBlue said:

Dany seems more interested in bad boys... so , I think if she ever meets Euron she'll like him! before she sees his absolute madness underneath ,of course...

I can't agree more. She was drawn to Drogo and Daario. A peaceful and crippled man like Willas is not for her. She was not interested by Quentyn either.

Euron is more her style. There was this tinfoil theory: Euron = Daarion, because they are quite alike.

Archived