Believe it .... Or not?

LynnS

4 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

It's done by a Tik Tok user whose name I don't recall .. but what a great artist..right? :) 

I don't know how he did it but it's pretty fast. Very impressive though.

31 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Not.

Larry of the Lake - you called it first, so you're up.  Got something to stump us?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/21/2022 at 2:13 PM, dave22 said:

Not.

Arctic is covered with snow.. so can't be true ...but  Nice try))

The Moon of course is mysterious, but well explored.Good research papers on cosmology and other exact sciences  can be ordered here https://writemyessay.nyc

Yes, it is correctly noticed about the Arctic and I completely agree with you here - a good attempt but does not reach truth. And thanks for your advice, he came in handy!

Okay, I just heard about the 'birds aren't real' thing. Had literally never heard of it up until now.

Is this a joke? Do people really believe this, like the flat earth thing, or is it just an elaborately constructed piss-take of conspiracy theorists?

12 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Okay, I just heard about the 'birds aren't real' thing. Had literally never heard of it up until now.

Is this a joke? Do people really believe this, like the flat earth thing, or is it just an elaborately constructed piss-take of conspiracy theorists?

It's the latter.

From this profile: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/09/technology/birds-arent-real-gen-z-misinformation.html

It might smack of QAnon, the conspiracy theory that the world is controlled by an elite cabal of child-trafficking Democrats. Except that the creator of Birds Aren’t Real and the movement’s followers are in on a joke: They know that birds are, in fact, real and that their theory is made up.

What Birds Aren’t Real truly is, they say, is a parody social movement with a purpose. In a post-truth world dominated by online conspiracy theories, young people have coalesced around the effort to thumb their nose at, fight and poke fun at misinformation. It’s Gen Z’s attempt to upend the rabbit hole with absurdism.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, violajones said:

Yes, it is correctly noticed about the Arctic

Not really to be fair. There are times in summer where parts of the arctic are snowless. It's just that if the moon did that we'd all be dead.

On birds aren't real: sounds like someone was a fan of Gunnerkrigg Court.

Undoubtedly agree with Polishgenius. Multiple times in the past such news popped up where we only got a couple of years to live because the world was already near towards the ending. And surprisingly we are still alive. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived