House Frey's downfall

18 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What form do you think that the downfall of House Frey will have once the consequences of the Red Wedding and their other actions fully catch up with them ? 

How should this downfall start ? Will it be caused by the death of the Late Walder Frey, or by something else ? How and when do you think that the old weasel will finally die ? 

What should be the fate of the other leaders and perpetrators of the Red Wedding such as Lame Lothar, Black Walder or Walder Rivers ? 
How many Freys are going to die ? Will they end up losing the Twins or at least most of their powers ? 

Also will there be at least some mini civil war between them over who should be the new Lord of the Twins ?  
Who will be involved in their fall other than Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood Without Banners ?

They will receive punishment for their part in the red wedding but the family will not disappear.  Robb Stark was a complete ass and was not totally undeserving.  Walder, Hosteen, Lothar, BW, and a few will die.  I hope the casualty will be limited. 

13 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

They will receive punishment for their part in the red wedding but the family will not disappear.  Robb Stark was a complete ass and was not totally undeserving.  Walder, Hosteen, Lothar, BW, and a few will die.  I hope the casualty will be limited. 

Because dumping a betrothal means you should be murdered, amirite? :bs:

On 2/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What form do you think that the downfall of House Frey will have once the consequences of the Red Wedding and their other actions fully catch up with them ? 

How should this downfall start ? Will it be caused by the death of the Late Walder Frey, or by something else ? How and when do you think that the old weasel will finally die ? 

What should be the fate of the other leaders and perpetrators of the Red Wedding such as Lame Lothar, Black Walder or Walder Rivers ? 
How many Freys are going to die ? Will they end up losing the Twins or at least most of their powers ? 

Also will there be at least some mini civil war between them over who should be the new Lord of the Twins ?  
Who will be involved in their fall other than Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood Without Banners ?

Since they murdered a lot of Starks, I think multiple Stark siblings will be involved in their downfall. They are probably being set up as the house that loses all its powers, along with the boltons. The only thing that could prevent another house taking over the twins is that there are too many of them. The eventual ruler could just find it easier to hand the twins to a surviving Frey who was not involved with the RW.

8 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Since they murdered a lot of Starks, I think multiple Stark siblings will be involved in their downfall. They are probably being set up as the house that loses all its powers, along with the boltons. The only thing that could prevent another house taking over the twins is that there are too many of them. The eventual ruler could just find it easier to hand the twins to a surviving Frey who was not involved with the RW.

Littlefinger takes over The Riverlands and he installs Edmure at Riverrun and has The Blackfish as lord of The Twins.

I think we'll see someone (lol I only see one candidate and he's dead, but I think he'll do it anyway) stand up for the Freys or for some remaining Freys depending on how things all unfold. Wiping out an entire family isn't justice and a family as large as the Late Walder Frey's has to have a few innocents.  Maybe this is a future point of contention between Jon and Arya or Jon and Stoneheart - Jon and anyone really ,the Freys have more enemies than I can count, but Jon will stand up for what he see as right regardless.

23 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Because dumping a betrothal means you should be murdered, amirite? :bs:

It's an entirely idiotic proposition (but from the usual people, so not surprising). However, dumping the betrothal is a fairly serious thing to do, since the feudal system is built off of personal relationships and allegiances. If you broke a lot of promises, why would anyone want to enter into an alliance with you, or if they need you to swear an oath?

That being said, it probably doesn't matter to anyone besides that prick Walder Frey. 

17 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Martin is preparing the Frey family for slaughter. I can’t say that I like it but the story seem headed in that direction for the Freys. Bloodthirsty Arya and Jon will spill a lot of Frey blood. 

Nothing wrong with seeing those troll's heads on spikes. 

On 2/9/2022 at 2:59 PM, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I think we'll see someone (lol I only see one candidate and he's dead, but I think he'll do it anyway) stand up for the Freys or for some remaining Freys depending on how things all unfold. Wiping out an entire family isn't justice and a family as large as the Late Walder Frey's has to have a few innocents.  Maybe this is a future point of contention between Jon and Arya or Jon and Stoneheart - Jon and anyone really ,the Freys have more enemies than I can count, but Jon will stand up for what he see as right regardless.

I don't see all the Freys being wiped out, but it is highly likely they will be stripped off their lands and titles.

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

The Freys were rewarded for their loyalty to the crown/lannisters. 

Only for the show, in truth the Lannisters know perfectly how trustworthy and loyal the Freys truly are and despise them nearly as much as the rest of Westeros as seen with Jaime and Devan, with Jaime telling to everyone's faces that the Freys are in no way qualified to talk about loyalty for having betrayed both the Iron Throne and Robb, beside they are pretty much using the Freys as scapegoats to be the only ones blamed for the Red Wedding. 

And Littlefinger isn't going to continue the Lannisters and Iron Throne's policies once he has openly broken up with them after Sansa's true identity is revealed, and he could have a card to play by helping the riverlords to overthrow and take revenge on the Freys at least to try to give the impression of being on their side. 

On 2/9/2022 at 6:35 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

It's an entirely idiotic proposition (but from the usual people, so not surprising). However, dumping the betrothal is a fairly serious thing to do, since the feudal system is built off of personal relationships and allegiances. If you broke a lot of promises, why would anyone want to enter into an alliance with you, or if they need you to swear an oath?

That being said, it probably doesn't matter to anyone besides that prick Walder Frey. 

It's like your only purpose in this forum is crying about people not liking some Starks, Walder Frey son and heir died, the freys shed blood for the cause, put their bodies on the line, died, were imprisioned and some more...

Without the Freys, Starks would be in a bad position from start to end, all Walder Frey got from defying the King and becoming a rebel was being spat on by Robb.

Robb them plan to leave all Riverlands to be raped by the Lannister-Tyrell alliance.

2 hours ago, Chancho said:

It's like your only purpose in this forum is crying about people not liking some Starks, Walder Frey son and heir died, the freys shed blood for the cause, put their bodies on the line, died, were imprisioned and some more...

If you've read any number more  of my posts, beyond this one post, you would see that I do not spend all my time talking about the lot who despise the Starks. I suggest that if you're going to try and jump on my back, that you at least do a bit of research so that you don't look like an idiot. A thread of mine is on the first page of the General Forum, after all, with eight pages and nothing to do with people who hate Starks. 

Besides, that was a post directed at one specific person, who is most certainly not you, and I was saying my opinion as to why breaking the betrothal would be a bad idea. I already know that the Freys shed blood for the Starks, so please stop acting like a child about some post that wasn't even directed at you. 

On 2/9/2022 at 10:35 PM, Jaenara Belarys said:

Given that Walder and most of his descendants were never respectful of the feudal system and of their own promises and oaths, and that they only care about oaths and honor when they're the ones victim of it, and that the marriage pact was done under dishonorable circumstances and to have the Freys do what they should have done without any concession or pact with them, it's sure that not many people must have felt sorry for old Walder and his family about the broken marriage pact.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:43 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Busy engineering the Frey's downfall are you.  Some of them will die and some may even deserve it.  But you have to admit that some of the Starks also deserved to die.  Catelyn murdered Jinglebells.  Robb took Walder's help and then broke his sworn oath to the old man.  Black Walder, Walder, and Lothar deserve to die though.

41 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Busy engineering the Frey's downfall are you.  Some of them will die and some may even deserve it.  But you have to admit that some of the Starks also deserved to die.  Catelyn murdered Jinglebells.  Robb took Walder's help and then broke his sworn oath to the old man.  Black Walder, Walder, and Lothar deserve to die though.

A broken sworn oath like this is a very petty and lacking excuse for a betrayal and crime as abominable as the Red Wedding. And it's particulary hypocrital coming from Walder who has broken sworn oaths himself far more times and did far worse things than Robb and Catelyn and who shouldn't have needed a marriage deal with Robb to help his lieges of House Tully and other countrymen anyway. 

Archived