House Frey's downfall

House Frey Downfall

-Downfall of the Twins? Or just one of them?
-Downfall of House Frey?

If by downfall you mean extinction, Could a House as populous as House Frey be extinguished by -The Red Wedding Revengers?-

What could cause the downfall of the startups? Rat Castor maybe? Or a hungry goat?

On 2/16/2022 at 4:15 PM, Apoplexy said:

I see a lot of Starks coming out of hiding by the time the crown faces any challenge from Aegon or Dany. I see the Freys being dealt with by one or more of the Starks. It would be anticlimactic if the Freys were dealt with by someone other than a Stark.

I see your point, but other than Tyrion getting revenge on Tywin we don't have any big climax for a revenge story, everyone fails or the target dies before.

Joffrey is killed by the Tyrells, not by any of his victims.

Jaime never gets revenge on Vargo Oath. Sandor never confronts Gregor.

I doubt Brienne would have anything to do with Stannis falls, just like I doubt Theon would be the one to kill Ramsey.

The Freys could just as easily destroy each other from a internal fighting for the sucession after Walder passes away. They could be dealed by Stoneheart, the Riverlords, even Daenerys at this point... 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Arthur Peres said:

I see your point, but other than Tyrion getting revenge on Tywin we don't have any big climax for a revenge story, everyone fails or the target dies before.

Joffrey is killed by the Tyrells, not by any of his victims.

Jaime never gets revenge on Vargo Oath. Sandor never confronts Gregor.

I doubt Brienne would have anything to do with Stannis falls, just like I doubt Theon would be the one to kill Ramsey.

The Freys could just as easily destroy each other from a internal fighting for the sucession after Walder passes away. They could be dealed by Stoneheart, the Riverlords, even Daenerys at this point... 

The RW was a big deal story wise, so it might get a big climax for revenge. 

And as you say, there is a distinct possibility someone else could depose the Freys because how things have been trending. It would make for a missed opportunity IMO.

Archived