Canadian Politics: more than a truck load of covidiots, eh?

A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

The blockade in Emerson, Manitoba, the busiest border crossing in the prairies, is expected to end today as well. I saw a news report and wild winds and snow were blowing, and I see it’s -12 C in the day and gets to -30 at night. I bet with the wind chill it’s -50.

Even further south, in Grand Forks, North Dakota, right now it's 12 degrees, going down to -21 tonight.  Windy, snow in the offing.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That user hasn't posted for a few days Scot.

Maybe Ran cancel cultured her. :dunno:

She's been posting in an old open Heresy thread where first she posted a GCW post, then found someone to talk to.   Now folks who like the Heresy threads are posting telling her she's off topic.  She sent me a PM whining about it ('cuz I hang out at the Heresy threads) and I told her to not contact me again.   

Yes, I contacted 3 people who questioned my use of the old heresy thread.  I have also explained why I am using it in an open post.  I will of course respect boundaries should someone request such.  You wanted to have a one-sided discussion here and that's fine with me.

25 minutes ago, Lord of Oop North said:

@LynnS

If you are feeling it was a one-sided discussion, that is entirely self-inflicted.

On many, many occasions - you would simply ignore other people's attempts at discussion with you, and post a link or video without comment, discussion, etc. at all.

It's always the same with people like her, Trumpists, anti-vaxxers, etc: it's the people on the 'other side' that need to be willing to open up and genuinely listen to them (and thereby be persuaded by the sheer power of their arguments, I guess?). But of course it never works the other way. 

And when the people on the 'other side' do actually try to engage in a serious discussion (with facts and all), they suddenly run away, usually while still whining about just wanting to present a different viewpoint (but not stick around to engage with opposite viewpoints and actually *gasp* have a serious discussion on the merits of each viewpoint).

3 hours ago, LynnS said:

Yes, I contacted 3 people who questioned my use of the old heresy thread.  I have also explained why I am using it in an open post.  I will of course respect boundaries should someone request such.  You wanted to have a one-sided discussion here and that's fine with me.

What excuse do you have for the arms found?

1 hour ago, Lord of Oop North said:

Our friend Pat King, implying that once he and his friends are in power, police wont have a good "legal defense" for what they are doing.

But the occupations are not about power and subversion of our democratic systems right?

What a fucking goof.

The upside to all this is we finally know who all the big fucking goofs are, their faces and their names. I imagine that they thought they would have a huge upswell of support and that they could get themselves into power. Well the people are not supporting them, the police are moving them out, and they have zero chance of affecting any change in our society.

Hitching onto an anti-vaccination protest may have seemed like a good idea at the time but the anti-vaxxers, while not being the sharpest knives in the drawer, really did not feel the same way about right wing lunacy as these dimwits do.

This protest seems not to be about vaccination anymore but about dimwit losers wanting to be taken seriously, even though most of them have the political knowledge  and understanding of a 12th century medieval serf in central Europe.

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

Off topic, but you might be underestimating what 12th century serfs understood . . . .   :D :cheers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_revolts_in_late-medieval_Europe

That was a paraphrase from the Canadian rightwinger David Frumm. It just seemed appropriate. 

10 minutes ago, maarsen said:

That was a paraphrase from the Canadian rightwinger David Frumm. It just seemed appropriate. 

Frumm blocked me on the twitter like a year+ ago lol

---

I see one of the Ottawa organizers has been arrested on a Mischief charge, could get up to ten years. 

2 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Frumm blocked me on the twitter like a year+ ago lol

---

I see one of the Ottawa organizers has been arrested on a Mischief charge, could get up to ten years. 

I was coming to post that the protesters in Alberta who were arrested on weapons charges have prior convictions. Mostly for drunk driving. 

53 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Yup, Chris Barber

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/chris-barber-freedom-convoy-arrested-ottawa-1.6355960

Chris Barber, a key organizer of the so-called Freedom Convoy that has occupied Ottawa streets for three weeks, has been arrested in Ottawa, CBC News has learned.

Barber, who is currently in police custody and is expected to face criminal charges, has been described as one of the key leaders of the protest in Ottawa, which has now hit the three-week mark

Here is Chris Barber at his garage/shop, with not one but two Confederate flags. 

But Confederate flags were false flag ops, right?

Apparently he has responded to that video before, calling it "just a piece of cloth" and then bringing up the Trudeau blackface affairs. That is a valid criticism of Trudeau. I have no idea what he was thinking with those decisions. He at least apologized for that, and sort of admitted to be an idiot at the time. So that is something.

But it is certainly an interesting piece of cloth to hang on your wall. If someone had a swastika flag hanging on their wall, and when you asked them what that is about, would you not find it odd to hear it described as "just a piece of cloth"?

I was reading stories yesterday that I meant to post about. The Ottawa Police Commission went and hired a new chief of police, from Waterloo, without having a competition and without asking council for approval. And signed a one year contract with lots of ability to back out of it. 

Mayor Watson was so pissed he removed the head of the police commission, a councilor, and another councilor, the first and only black member of the commission, got so pissed off he resigned. Apparently other council members begged him to stay but he refused. Watson appointed one of his big supporters to replace the head.

In the meantime, the new police chief has said the citizens of Ottawa should expect to see him doing things no other police chief has done. It sounded pretty good. Sounds like arresting Barber was just the first move.

Archived