Canadian Politics: more than a truck load of covidiots, eh?

A Horse Named Stranger

5 hours ago, LynnS said:

Witnessing events for oneself is not trolling.

O please.Why aren't you posting your own photos and video instead the bs you are posting, and posting from bs sources? Moreover your rhetorical choices remarkably echo that of the same reichist, authoritarian, racist, anti-semitic, anti-woman, supremacist, libertarian, bring down the government jerkwaddies right here in the USA when talking about January 6th, or even Charlottesville, way back now, in the summer of 2017.  Your handle was never seen on this thread until this horror show began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" ‘Freedom Convoy’ protests disrupt another U.S.-Canada border crossing as more arrests are made"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/09/canada-freedom-convoy-alberta-ambassador-bridge/

.... The obstruction of border crossings — which are considered critical infrastructure — has sparked major pushback from Canadian police and officials on both sides of the political spectrum. ....

. . . . Such blockades could spark temporary plant closures and layoffs if companies can’t transport their products, even if interruptions last one or two days, experts say. Each day, goods worth $300 million — including car and truck parts, agricultural products, steel and other raw materials — flow across the Ambassador Bridge, Flavio Volpe, president of the Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association in Toronto, told The Washington Post. The bridge also connects families, friends and essential workers, among them Canadian nurses who work in Detroit-area hospitals. . . . .

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Moreover your rhetorical choices remarkably echo that of the same reichist, authoritarian, racist, anti-semitic, anti-woman, supremacist, libertarian, bring down the government jerkwaddies right here in the USA

LOL! What a load of bullshit.  You think Trudeau and Trump are different.  They're not.  They are both narcissistic, simple-minded and destructive.  You really don't have a clue what an incompetent leader he has been these last six years. So I applaud you for getting rid of Trump and we'll do our best to get rid of that nincompoop, Trudeau Jr.

11 minutes ago, LynnS said:

LOL! What a load of bullshit.

No, you’ve blinded yourself so that you see only what you want to see. You are now exactly like my anti-vaxxer SiL, who has turned into a crazed conspiracy nut. My brother and I are blaming this on the pandemic isolation and the long hours she spends trolling the internet for conspiracy videos. From the stuff you have posted in these threads it seems you are now exactly where she is.

I pity you.

12 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Two weeks ago in Quebec.  Legault has since dropped such measures along with a threat to fine people who are unvaxxed or partially vaxxed.

Legault and his government back-tracked on that over a week ago already (Feb 1/22)

There was a lot of backlash against the idea, even prior to the convoy. I am not aware of any other provinces that proposed anything similar in any serious manner.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/legault-is-poised-to-back-away-from-quebecs-anti-vax-tax-report-says

Feb 01, 2022  

QUEBEC — Invoking the need to maintain social peace, Premier François Legault backtracked Tuesday on his plan to impose a controversial “health contribution” — dubbed the “anti-vax tax” — on Quebecers who are unvaccinated.

Legault insisted his decision not to implement the health tax had nothing to do with possible protests. Several groups — including one headed by union leader Bernard (Rambo) Gauthier — have posted on social media in the last few days threatening to take to the streets of the provincial capital this weekend.

2 hours ago, Lord of Oop North said:

Legault and his government back-tracked on that over a week ago already (Feb 1/22)

There was a lot of backlash against the idea, even prior to the convoy. I am not aware of any other provinces that proposed anything similar in any serious manner.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/legault-is-poised-to-back-away-from-quebecs-anti-vax-tax-report-says

I am astonished a some people's ability to predict the past.

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

Oh he was going to go ahead with it.  He changed his tune when he started seeing the support the Convoy was getting on route to Ottawa.  The lunatic.  Les Quebecois are no strangers to protest.  Legault knew he would take a beating.  That bullshit at Walmart was obscene.

1 hour ago, Week said:

If you are hanging out with people displaying Nazi flags… people are going to, oddly, assume you are okay hanging out with people who are displaying Nazi flags…

@LynnS

Do you think hanging out with people displaying Nazi flags should carry no social approbation?

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

I'm astonished at some people's inability to distinguish between a rapist who wants to overthrow the government because he lost an election, etc. (the former of the USA) and Trudeau.  One starts wonderiing, hmmm: ignoramous? or just fool? or, well, someone who thinks rape, assault, inciting an insurrection to hang his vice president, murder members of the opposition party, are just no thang.  If the latter, well, what does that say about that person?

2 hours ago, LynnS said:

Oh he was going to go ahead with it.  He changed his tune when he started seeing the support the Convoy was getting on route to Ottawa.  The lunatic.  Les Quebecois are no strangers to protest.  Legault knew he would take a beating.  That bullshit at Walmart was obscene.

No you don't know that.

No bill was actually tabled in the National Assembly, so no one really knows whether it was going to happen or not.

Two can play at this theoretical game: The Opposition in Quebec believes it was all a ploy. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/vax-tax-nixed-1.6334828

Tax was not 'a serious plan' says opposition

Opposition parties accused Legault Tuesday of only floating the idea of the tax in order to distract from the resignation of former public health director Dr. Horacio Arruda, something Legault denies.

"Mr. Legault improvises constantly," said Quebec Liberal leader Dominique Anglade. "He came up with this idea that was not only irresponsible, that was not thought through, that didn't have any legal support to it." 

Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois, house leader for Québec Solidaire, agreed that the tax was never "a serious plan," adding that the government had wasted time with this debate, instead of focusing on rebuilding the health care system.

Don't forget, Legault is a populist shill just like Ford. Both of them like to leak and float proposals to gauge public reaction. And both are facing elections this year.

Speaking of Ford, are we about to see the 800lbs gorilla in action!?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ambassador-bridge-protest-third-day-windsor-1.6344647

"The Ambassador Bridge is one of the most vital trade corridors in our country," Ford said. "The damage this is causing to our economy, to people's jobs and their livelihoods is totally unacceptable. We cannot let this continue."

Ford said he has spoken to Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens and Sarnia Mayor Mike Bradley, and told them the province is ready to provide "any support we can offer."

"I remain confident that our police forces in Ontario, along with Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canada Border Services Agency, will take the appropriate steps to address the evolving situations in our cities and bring them to an end," Ford said.

Don't fuck with the bridge. I am surprised the Moroun family hasn't already sent enforcers.

Wonder when everyone's new favourite wonder boy, who loves the Freedom Convoy, will come out against blockades like he did two years ago for the rail blockade.

Newsflash truckers: Pollivare ain't some hero fighting tyranny. Just another lifelong political operative trying to ride you to power. Isn't that one of the thing you are all complaining about?

Lets be honest. If this was a First Nations group blockading the Ambassador bridge (and now apparently the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia), the Conservative party would be crying all over TV. This rat bastard Poilivere would be whining and whining all fucking day, and the police would have them rounded up and jailed within hours. 

Substantive content!  Still following this story:

Ottawa Arson Update: @SirPlusValue (Alex MK) DELETED his twitter account. He assisted Matias Munoz in raising this story. They first broke the news of a fire at their Ottawa residence and amplified the "trucker convoy protesters tried to burn our building down" narrative.

15 hours ago, LynnS said:

We have an obligation to buy from people we don’t like?  We have an obligation to listen to or watch people we don’t like?  Artists have an obligation to offer their work on platforms that support others they don’t care for?

Really?

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

We have an obligation to buy from people we don’t like?  We have an obligation to listen to or watch people we don’t like?  Artists have an obligation to offer their work on platforms that support others they don’t care for?

Really?

Because she’s the kind of lazy poster she is, constantly dropping links because she loves the headlines but doesn’t quote because she doesn’t read or watch what she posts.

Archived