Relations between the Stark kids, following the reunion

What do you think that the reunions and interactions between the surviving children of Ned Stark will be, once Winterfell is taken and the North are taken back from the Boltons and that the pack reassemble itself with the kids going back home one after one during The Winds of Winter and possibly A Dream of Spring ?

What do you think should be the relations between Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon (if he lives) once they are reunited with each other ?

Who will be closer with who ? What family dynamics and teamwork to defend and rule the North will there ? What kind of tensions and reconcilations may happen ?

I think Sansa and Arya will be exceptionally closer than before...much closer. these two sisters used to envy each other much more than dislike each other. from Arya's very first chapter , we see how she is annoyed by the fact that Sansa gets everything .. from the better looks to the better prince to walk with  to everybody approving her behavior . and later in Sansa's chapter where she goes to Cersei , she is particularly excited to be rebellious to get what she wants (which was sadly Joffrey ) and to be like Arya. these two sisters have come a long way , though.. Arya's been living with girls like Sansa and has been playing Sansa as Mercy ;whilst , Sansa's been acting more freely due to a lower status , much like Arya would have ran in the yard without giving a second thought to her hair. I'm looking forward to their reunion ... I think they'll have a better understanding of each other and get along far better..

I assume there will be some conflict but it will resolve and not be a big part of the plot.

probably mostly focused on Sansa. a bit of Arya-Sansa conflict, with Jon taking Arya's side, and a bit of Sansa versus Rickon, due to her jealousy over his (brief) role as lord of winterfell.

I think all the talk of Stark conflict is a little overrated. the most distant siblings were Arya and Sansa , both of whom -as I've explained in an earlier post- are basically learning to understand each other better. the first ones to reach WF are Jon , Rickon and Sansa . these three will each have supporters for their claims but the truth is Rickon's is the strongest although he is the least fit to rule due to his age. which would leave Sansa and Jon . I think both of them can easily compromise since one has experience to rule and the other is learning to be political savvy . there is a chance that Jon's becoming darker (something that GRRM has said before) comes in the way of their understanding, though .. but at the end , the wolves' stories revolve around survival of the pack rather than lone wolves. 

7 hours ago, EggBlue said:

I think all the talk of Stark conflict is a little overrated. the most distant siblings were Arya and Sansa , both of whom -as I've explained in an earlier post- are basically learning to understand each other better. the first ones to reach WF are Jon , Rickon and Sansa . these three will each have supporters for their claims but the truth is Rickon's is the strongest although he is the least fit to rule due to his age. which would leave Sansa and Jon . I think both of them can easily compromise since one has experience to rule and the other is learning to be political savvy . there is a chance that Jon's becoming darker (something that GRRM has said before) comes in the way of their understanding, though .. but at the end , the wolves' stories revolve around survival of the pack rather than lone wolves. 

Well legally Rickon's claim will always beat Jon and Sansa's ones, meaning that no talk or will or law will stop Rickon from becoming the new official lord of Winterfell, at least until Bran comes back, and that all Jon and Sansa can hope is a position of regentship or to be Rickon's arms in military and political matters. 

I am of the opinion that all living Stark children will make it back to Winterfell by the end of the series. I always thought that Robb's will would've been the main obstacle to having Sansa inherit Winterfell, but since both of her younger brothers are alive anyways that point seems moot. However, depending on how the will was worded, it might put a chink on her future marriage prospects (assuming she'll find a way to get out of her marriage to Tyrion). I doubt there will be any power squabbles between the siblings, the relief of being reunited will probably mend most (if not all) old wounds.

Everyone seems to have marked Rickon for a dead man for some reason, I'm guessing it's because of the show? I think D&D had no idea what to do with his character and since he was an obstacle to their Sansa QitN fetish they just flushed him in the weirdest and most uneventful way possible. I believe Davos will succeed and we'll get to see Wyman's plan unfurl.

"Roose Bolton has Lord Eddard's daughter. To thwart him White Harbor must have Ned's son … and the direwolf. The wolf will prove the boy is who we say he is, should the Dreadfort attempt to deny him. That is my price, Lord Davos. Smuggle me back my liege lord, and I will take Stannis Baratheon as my king."

-ADWD Davos IV

I don't see Bran staying in that cave forever either, I think Meera's main purpose in the story is to get him back home safely after he's somewhat mastered whatever supernatural talents he has. 

As far as relationships go, Sansa would probably be a mother figure to Rickon, she has gotten quite good at parenting unruly children. I see her assuming the responsibilities of lady of Winterfell until such a time as one of her brothers is experienced enough to take over, at which point she'll feel comfortable enough to establish her own family/household with whomever she chooses. I agree with everyone else that the two sisters will definitely reconnect and gain a new appreciation for each other.

I got nothing against JonSa shippers, fly your flags proud and free my friends, but I always though that what Jon valued in women were characteristics one attributes to Arya and what he disliked were classic traits we associate with Cat and Sansa.

Val looked the part and rode as if she had been born on horseback. A warrior princess, he decided, not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her.

-ADWD, Jon XI

The amount of times he thinks about Arya vs the amount of times he thinks about Sansa suggests to me that a Jon-Arya romance is more likely to happen; and if there is a love triangle in the making my money is on Jon-Arya-Gendry. That's just my read though, I am not claiming that JonSa is impossible, we have at least 2 books to go so anything can happen.

in favor of JonSa:) 

1) I believe if Jon's about to enter a relationship with either of his cousin/sisters ,it should be the one he wasn't that close to as a brother. Jon clearly sees Arya as his little sister and while his relationship with Sansa wasn't nonexistence , they were never close as far as we know. therefore , whenever he realizes he's not their brother, romanticizing the one he never particularly thought as his little sister would be easier.

2) for what it's worth , Sansa's first crush (Waymar Royce)  resembled Jon in looks (dark hair, dark grey eyes), personality (yes, Jon was indeed somewhat of an arrogant lordling at the beginning) and choice of profession (NightsWatch) ... meanwhile , although Jon's first love couldn't be further from Sansa but her hair was kissed by fire like Sansa! 

3) Jon's still biased about lady-like women and Sansa used to put too much value in status. But , Jon meets Alys Karstark a strong un-warrior winter lady much like Sansa who is called winter lady , as well. (or was it winter maid?) . and at the same time Sansa pretends to be a bastard... coincidence?!:P

6 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

You'd think so, but there are clues. For starters, why give Sansa a Waymar crush? Sansa will crave for the forbidden fruit, only to learn that it's not forbidden for her at all, Westerosi being cousin marrying backwards incestual people and all that and as for Jon, Ygritte paved the way for him to have a better appreciation of redheads. :P

I'm going to have to say I disagree.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

You'd think so, but there are clues. For starters, why give Sansa a Waymar crush? Sansa will crave for the forbidden fruit, only to learn that it's not forbidden for her at all, Westerosi being cousin marrying backwards incestual people and all that and as for Jon, Ygritte paved the way for him to have a better appreciation of redheads. :P

I don't know man... Val & Sandor seem to be there for Jon and Sansa's romance. and a lot of Goerge's initial plans were scrapped as early as the first book. Cat didn't go to WF with Arya, Sansa didn't betray her family, Tyrion never interacted with Arya ,Jaimie didn't kill everyone to sit the throne himself and instead of Dothraki invasion right after Wo5K , the GC attacked... the story is just too different. but I'd say this, clues pointing to JonSa are a lot stronger than Jonerys! yet people still ship the latter passionately:)

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I like the Waymar parallel, but probably it's just an echo back to Aegon and his sisters. Jonsa would cause sooo much controversy. Although - I've no idea how widespread the taboo against cousin marriage is in the world today. People could be reading this forum who are married to their cousin.

Archived