MCU: The Amazing Disappearing Daredevil!

Rhom

The state of Mythology/Religion in the MCU is so confusing to me.

The Eternals are the origin of some myths.

The Asgardians are space alien gods.

Now we have the Egyptian pantheon which we don't know what they are yet.

So now we are getting Zeus?  Is Olympus a neighboring planet/realm to Asgard?

58 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Now we have the Egyptian pantheon which we don't know what they are yet.

The last MK episode mentioned the Egyptian gods living in the Overvoid. From a quick read online about the comics, they seem to be powerful beings that live in a pocket dimension that happens to be in proximity to Earth, which is why they are involved with Earth.

And it appears the same may be true of the Olympians, as they're called.

Yeah I don't really get what Gorr's deal is if all the gods are really just aliens with a weird interest in earth.

I'm more and more convinced he's going to show up in Moon Knight though. Something has to take the other gods out of the equation so it's all up to Konshu and his avatar to save the day.

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah I don't really get what Gorr's deal is if all the gods are really just aliens with a weird interest in earth.

I'm more and more convinced he's going to show up in Moon Knight though. Something has to take the other gods out of the equation so it's all up to Konshu and his avatar to save the day.

Really? They already seem largely uninterested in helping Khonshu.

Spoiler

And Khonshu himself is now, temporarily, out of the picture. The show is only 6 episodes. So we'll get at least one episode with a powerless Marc/Steven.

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Really? They already seem largely uninterested in helping Khonshu.

Hide contents

And Khonshu himself is now, temporarily, out of the picture. The show is only 6 episodes. So we'll get at least one episode with a powerless Marc/Steven.

Right but once Ammit is released, you'd expect the other gods to notice and re-seal her again. I mean they could just have Ammit kill or trap them, but it seems like a great opportunity for crossover.

So in the upcoming Dr. Strange film, is Strange going to not remember why he broke the multiverse? Is it just going to be a throw away line like "my good friend Spider Man needed my help".

13 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Some of us are still waiting for books, no spoilers thanks. 

My bad man, I really didn't meant to start a tangent with my shitty memory. I'm impressed if you've managed to avoid show spoilers this long!

Yea I’m not sure … I’ve never been hugely into the whole Indiana Jones archeology action adventure vibe, but that aside, it might have been too much to have ‘he was in a mental institution the whole time’ followed by ‘oh wait maybe not’ followed by ‘some sort of hippo’ all in the last 15 minutes. I respect they’re trying something different here though. 

My working theory is that the 'mental hospital' is where the third personality (who we'll assume is Jake) has shoved Marc and Steven while he takes care of business back in the tomb. But it could also be some sort of weird Egyptian prison dimension where the imprisoned gods are hanging out (I kept looking for F Murray Abraham among the patients). Taweret (the hippo headed goddess) being there supports that idea. Maybe Khonshu pulled Steven and Marc there to avert their death? Or even, combining the two, Khonshu pulled them there to let Jake out?

It was fun anyway. That sequence is beautifully done.

Question: is it cheating if it's with your alternate? Marc seems to think so.

Archived