MCU: The Amazing Disappearing Daredevil!

Rhom

Almost got Legion vibes there at the end.  Definitely a big WTF, but a fun episode for sure.  Definitely think that third personality was in the other sarcophagus.  Alexander the Great being the last avatar of Ammit was a nice addition too.

Taweret (the hippo headed goddess) being there supports that idea.

is there authority in the comics for a hippo showdown between tawaret and ammit, who apparently represent opposite principles in the mythology?

actually cannot decide if I'm liking Moon Knight or not overall

all the marvel shows are kinda like that.  i'm a fan of the isaiah bradley stuff and the flagsmashers in FWS, but otherwise they're all mostly competent without dazzling.

I totally misjudged the direction of this show, episode 4 was a big improvement on 3. 

Hiding from the undead ghoul bits reminded me a lot of playing Skyrim for some reason.. 

Anyway, I’m now officially excited for the next episode and I also got some major Legion vibes off the hospital section.

21 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Anyway, I’m now officially excited for the next episode and I also got some major Legion vibes off the hospital section.

It'd be funny if after all the speculation that Dr Strange 2 would be the one to introduce the X-men, if all of a sudden we were to see David sitting in the corner of the institution.  :lol: 

I wonder could Jake be the treacherous partner? Like they had an understanding until Jake killed Layla's father. They had some fight club-esq confrontation where Marc thought he'd "killed" Jake and then Steven popped up and Marc did not reveal himself to Steven for a long time due to his bad experience.

It seems like they don't have time to introduce a fully new character as Layla's father's killer. At least not if we believe this is a limited series.

I still wanna know who "Mum" really is.

59 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

And I thought the previous episode of MK was good. What a performance by Oscar Isaac. But surely this can't be just 6 episodes long. How can they conclude it in just one episode?

My thought precisely.  Oscar Issac is just an amazing actor.  The entire show appears to be a character study.  No wonder it interested him.

I gotta say...I really don't understand how the Marc/Steven dual life has worked.  I'm a little unclear on how long they've been living the dual lives.  Steven first came out to help Marc escape his abusive mother (although even that was unclear...it seemed like she was beating Steven).  Have they traded the body back and forth since then?  If so, wouldn't people notice when Marc went missing for a long period of time?  And how does Steven even have a life?  When he got his job at the museum...wouldn't he need an ID, a bank account...etc?  And then when he disappears as Marc for a while...wouldn't he just be fired?

It just doesn't seem to make sense logically that both of these personalities could live separate lives.

11 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

And I thought the previous episode of MK was good. What a performance by Oscar Isaac. But surely this can't be just 6 episodes long. How can they conclude it in just one episode?

I have no clue.  There’s certainly a lot to work out there, huh?  And they never went back to the other sarcophagus.  I figured that’s why they were still unbalanced at the end. :dunno: 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

They showed the opening of Multiverse of Madness at their press thingy

https://gizmodo.com/doctor-strange-2-cinemacon-footage-description-america-1848849409

Boy; if that’s the first 20 minutes… they cover a lot of ground there.

4 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I gotta say...I really don't understand how the Marc/Steven dual life has worked.  I'm a little unclear on how long they've been living the dual lives.  Steven first came out to help Marc escape his abusive mother (although even that was unclear...it seemed like she was beating Steven).  Have they traded the body back and forth since then?  If so, wouldn't people notice when Marc went missing for a long period of time?  And how does Steven even have a life?  When he got his job at the museum...wouldn't he need an ID, a bank account...etc?  And then when he disappears as Marc for a while...wouldn't he just be fired?

It just doesn't seem to make sense logically that both of these personalities could live separate lives.

From this episode I was under the impression that Steven was fairly suppressed after Marc left home. Layla was unaware of Steven and Steven hadn't interfered with Moon Knight's activities until now. It's possible there were times when Marc needed a down time and allowed Steven to pursue his interests. I also think that as a child he did receive psychiatric help. I think it was implied that his dad worked in the field. And there is the fact that we get a name for the imaginary hospital with Harrow as head psychiatrist. That had to come from somewhere. 

7 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Yeah this is something that kind of bugs me. There is a possibility that Marc could create all the ID for Stephen that he needs, and has protected him all these years. 

But when you start asking questions about how Stephen has managed to keep a job all this time you’d have to assume that Marc has been taking a back seat for quite some time. Except that doesn’t appear to be true if things only changed after his mother died. 

Maybe it’s just one of these things where you just aren’t supposed to ask about it.. or think about it 

10 hours ago, HokieStone said:

I gotta say...I really don't understand how the Marc/Steven dual life has worked.  I'm a little unclear on how long they've been living the dual lives.  Steven first came out to help Marc escape his abusive mother (although even that was unclear...it seemed like she was beating Steven).  Have they traded the body back and forth since then?  If so, wouldn't people notice when Marc went missing for a long period of time?

Which is exactly why Marc got discharged from the army. He says he was AWOL in a 'fugue state' but we can presume that this must have been the 'official' explanation for a period when Steven was in control. 

And how does Steven even have a life?  When he got his job at the museum...wouldn't he need an ID, a bank account...etc?  And then when he disappears as Marc for a while...wouldn't he just be fired?

Marc can acquire documentation. And Steven works in a fairly menial job for a man of his education and talents, and even that he's had trouble holding onto (prior to being actually fired).

ETA - it's also implied that the phenomenon of Steven manifesting for more than a short period of time is new, only since Marc's mother died. So the problem of Steven maintaining an independent life might be fairly recent. The gift shop job might in fact be the only job Steven's ever had. 

Yeah, you have to handwave a bit but you have to do that in superhero storytelling. Heck, in most stories for that matter. Spy films have terrible logical problems. 

As for the episode itself, I'm not 100% on all of the writing but the performance by Oscar Isaac was spellbinding. 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

The detail that Steven had a fish with one fin because that's what his brother had drawn just before they went to the cave.

:frown5:

I missed that.

18 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Anyways MK is so not what I thought it was going to be and that's a good thing. 

I kinda hope that when he is revived, Layla has just handled it and re-sealed Ammit and we skipped the whole climactic battle.

29 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Thor will probably balance things.

I would be pretty surprised if Love and Thunder wasn't at least partly about Thor trying to come to terms with the insane amounts of trauma the last three movies he's been in piled on him. 

21 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I would be pretty surprised if Love and Thunder wasn't at least partly about Thor trying to come to terms with the insane amounts of trauma the last three movies he's been in piled on him. 

Sure, but in Taika Waititi style.

Archived