MCU: The Amazing Disappearing Daredevil!

Rhom

So I'm a little confused. Is Strange going to break the universe a second time? I thought everything was fixed at the end of No Way Home and if that's the case, wouldn't Strange have no memory of why he broke the universe? Finally are they just going to ignore the fact that Sylvie broke the universe in that Loki show.

5 hours ago, sifth said:

So I'm a little confused. Is Strange going to break the universe a second time? I thought everything was fixed at the end of No Way Home and if that's the case, wouldn't Strange have no memory of why he broke the universe? Finally are they just going to ignore the fact that Sylvie broke the universe in that Loki show.

It's worth noting that originally Spider-Man was supposed to be after Dr. Strange. Apparently with America as his apprentice doing some of the portal stuff that Ned did in the final movie. I bet it would have made a lot more sense that way, and they probably should have kept the timeline that way. No Way Home would have raised some Doctor Strange questions but I think that would have been fine.

Also as I recall Sylvie only broke "He Who Remains's" plan of purging any other timeline with a Kang, because he/they are such a threat. So she basically unleashed Kang(s) on the multiverse at large but otherwise didn't break anything.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

It's worth noting that originally Spider-Man was supposed to be after Dr. Strange. Apparently with America as his apprentice doing some of the portal stuff that Ned did in the final movie. I bet it would have made a lot more sense that way, and they probably should have kept the timeline that way. No Way Home would have raised some Doctor Strange questions but I think that would have been fine.

Also as I recall Sylvie only broke "He Who Remains's" plan of purging any other timeline with a Kang, because he/they are such a threat. So she basically unleashed Kang(s) on the multiverse at large but otherwise didn't break anything.

The final for Loki shows alternate timelines being created.

5 minutes ago, sifth said:

The final for Loki shows alternate timelines being created.

right, all the ones that would lead to a Kang are now free to exist. Also confusingly because she did what she did out side of time I think they always existed?

I could be totally wrong though it's been a while. But I'm fairly sure she didn't break the multiverse, she just broke one being's rules to constrain it and create a "sacred timeline" where he would not be challenged.

Dang it Sylvie.

You’ve messed everything up so hard.

If any of you all see a Kang, tell him his existence was already erased by a superior Kang. A vengeful Loki just made everything always until even after the end time not matter. 

Yea I think they want the audience to perceive it as ‘Loki (series) made more universes - MoM explores those universes’ but it doesn’t make particular sense. It doesn’t not make sense, it’s just that Doctor Strange could’ve explored the Multiverse any time really.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea I think they want the audience to perceive it as ‘Loki (series) made more universes - MoM explores those universes’ but it doesn’t make particular sense. It doesn’t not make sense, it’s just that Doctor Strange could’ve explored the Multiverse any time really.

At any time, but also only after Endgame and the events of Loki. Before that He-Who-Remains was ensuring there was only ever the one timeline. Multiple timelines only started existing after Loki (but started existing at all points in the timeline, and so have always existed).

1 hour ago, Denvek said:

At any time, but also only after Endgame and the events of Loki. Before that He-Who-Remains was ensuring there was only ever the one timeline. Multiple timelines only started existing after Loki (but started existing at all points in the timeline, and so have always existed).

Yea, that’s why I think narratively it makes sense to start telling this story now. But there’s nothing special about 2024 in relation to the events of Loki.

8 hours ago, Denvek said:

I don't think that was quite it.  It was just the universes where Kang exists that were pruned.  No reason to prune those where he doesn't exist, and least from the perspective of He Who Remains.

26 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I don't think that was quite it.  It was just the universes where Kang exists that were pruned.  No reason to prune those where he doesn't exist, and least from the perspective of He Who Remains.

It's a little bit of both.  Per The Ancient One in Endgame, the ability to create an alternate timeline has always been there.  Per the Loki show, He Who Remains was apparently only concerned with his own timelines, though that doesn't mean that the TVA wasn't also dealing with other timelines as well (I strongly suspect every timeline can/does have a Kang).  I mean, He Who Remains only wanted the one timeline, however, the work was obviously still going on and on...

The TVA exists only to prune timelines that would produce other variants of Kang.

If a variant universe wouldn't do that for whatever reason - the variation isn't that big a deal, or doesn't touch Kang, or doesn't exist long enough - they don't detect it.

To be fair, I think that theory became prominent in the aftermath of the show but I don’t recall that there’s any dialogue confirming it. The TVA believe they’re trimming down to one timeline, and Kang then reveals why, and fans concluded there’d be no reason to trim all the timelines so he probably doesn’t.

33 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

To be fair, I think that theory became prominent in the aftermath of the show but I don’t recall that there’s any dialogue confirming it. The TVA believe they’re trimming down to one timeline, and Kang then reveals why, and fans concluded there’d be no reason to trim all the timelines so he probably doesn’t.

Well I think part of it is that we see other timelines in Endgame and they're not getting trimmed? Plus like why did Sylvie get to live for however many years and only then did they come for her? They definitely don't pop up the minute there's a variation all the time.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

We also have that actual show indicating this. This is why sylvie can do stuff in apocalypses- because it doesn't affect the rest of that timeline with respect to Kang. That's why the apocalypse revelation is so surprising- because up to that point the tva thinks they are stopping all timelines from diverging from the sacred one, but that isn't accurate. 

It's also part of kangs monologue.

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

So there were leaks...

If you don't want to avoid MoM spoilers, you might want to stay off the internet for a few days.

There always are. I remember reading the leaks for No Way Home, months before it ever came out.

Well, the MK finale was more traditional MCU - big CGI fight, though not crammed like other such scenes, and ultimately still about the main character. The episode could have done more with exploring the Egyptian god pantheon.

Spoiler

But it's weird to kill off the main villain and finally show the 3rd personality in a post-credit scene.

I also don't understand why the other avatars were so weak. Maybe it's because the gods are not actively present on Earth so the avatars only have a tenuous connection to the them and thus limited power. And why didn't Harrow get a nifty costume when he became Ammit's avatar? Clearly the mark of a villain goddess, cheapen on the rewards you give your servants. :P

That being said, this show has been surprisingly much better than expected and I look forward to seeing more of these characters.

Archived