NFL Offseason 2022 - The Slog of Slogs!

aceluby

14 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

HAHAHA.  This trade is so bad, it sounds like a joke trade that some drunk Indy fan would throw out and then his friends would cut him off. 

So Washington watched Wentz in Indy and their conclusion was "man that worked out great for them . . . we should totally do the same thing"????

Honestly seems about right for the Cobra Commanders.

Wentz isn't worth his contract.  Full stop.  If I were a team that needed a QB and Indy called asking for a 5th rounder I'd say "nah, we're looking elsewhere".  If Indy called and said "We'll trade you Wentz and a 5th rounder for your 7th" I'd consider it. 

But I guess the Commodes thought they needed to do something to sell tickets, so they decided to light a couple draft picks on fire. 

17 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

So Washington watched Wentz in Indy and their conclusion was "man that worked out great for them . . . we should totally do the same thing"????

Honestly seems about right for the Cobra Commanders.

I assume they watched Taylor Heinicke play last year and thought, "We can do even worse."

14 minutes ago, briantw said:

I assume they watched Taylor Heinicke play last year and thought, "We can do even worse."

I'd honestly rather have The Green Lizard as my starter just because he's not Wentz.

Still don't get why teams trade real draft capital for below average QBs on big contracts, especially if it doesn't move the needle on making them competitive. 

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd honestly rather have The Green Lizard as my starter just because he's not Wentz.

Still don't get why teams trade real draft capital for below average QBs on big contracts, especially if it doesn't move the needle on making them competitive. 

I think it comes down to arrogance.  You generally have to be confident to get to where these NFL coaches and GMs get to, and confidence always borders arrogance and it's easy to slip from one to the other, especially if you've historically always been pretty successful.

Thus, teams trick themselves into thinking that the problem isn't the player, but rather that the guys before weren't as good as you and couldn't get the best out of him.  

See also: The Panthers and Sam Darnold, or the Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater a year prior, or the Panthers and Cam Newton the second time.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

I think it comes down to arrogance.  You generally have to be confident to get to where these NFL coaches and GMs get to, and confidence always borders arrogance and it's easy to slip from one to the other, especially if you've historically always been pretty successful.

Thus, teams trick themselves into thinking that the problem isn't the player, but rather that the guys before weren't as good as you and couldn't get the best out of him.  

See also: The Panthers and Sam Darnold, or the Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater a year prior, or the Panthers and Cam Newton the second time.

I mean I get it, but when it comes to QBs typically one man's trash does not become another man's treasure. The Colts traded a lot for him with a coach that was familiar with him and they dumped him a year later for way less that what they paid for him. That should be a huge red flag.

Also, this is great:

The nerve to call KC for Mahomes. Can a team trade 10 first round picks and the owner's wife and daughters?

Man, I have been stressed about the notion of Rodgers coming to Denver. He's a piece of shit as a human, and he's 39--which means he could've come to Denver--for a HUGE amount of draft capital--and instantly begun his physical downfall. 

But Russell Wilson? This has made my month.

Archived