NFL Offseason 2022 - The Slog of Slogs!

aceluby

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

And Trey Lance could be a total bust and this is all irrelevant.  We have data from Deebo's career thus far that tells us who he is and how he's been used.  Maybe he gets used in a totally different manner going forward, but I'm not betting on it.

You're the one who brought up Lance as relevant, not me.  As for using Deebo's career "data" to argue he can't be a downfield weapon with a different quarterback, that's really absurd and myopic "analysis" in my book. :dunno:

52 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'm not saying Deebo isn't a great player, but we've seen countless guys pop for one season before reverting to the mean.  Give me the consistency that Brown has shown so far.  You put AJ Brown on a team with elite QB play and I think he'd be one of the five best receivers in the NFL.  He's just spent his career playing with a draft bust in Mariota and Ryan Tannehill, who is maybe the 15th best QB in the NFL on a good day. 

Consistency? The problem with Brown is he's very boom or bust. He has incredible games and games where he has no significant impact. Deebo OTOH always seems to have an impact. 

Brown is a top 20 WR. Deebo is probably top five in a lot of people's books, with some calling him the best weapon in the game. No one is saying that about Brown. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Now apparently the Packers might be trying to trade for Darren Waller. It would be crazy if those two team’s basically swapped their top weapons. 

I just don't see why the Raiders would do that.  Waller is on a bargain deal and the Raiders are trying to win in a stacked AFC.  Their conference alone is a goddamn bloodbath with three of the best QBs in the entire league on the other teams.

Also, my favorite hot take for this season is that the Chiefs finish fourth in that division.

10 hours ago, briantw said:

I just don't see why the Raiders would do that.  Waller is on a bargain deal and the Raiders are trying to win in a stacked AFC.  Their conference alone is a goddamn bloodbath with three of the best QBs in the entire league on the other teams.

Also, my favorite hot take for this season is that the Chiefs finish fourth in that division.

Totally agree, why on earth would the Raiders trade Waller away when they are in win now mode? Having Waller and Adams on the field at the same time will be trouble for any defense and the run game should benefit greatly.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Totally agree, why on earth would the Raiders trade Waller away when they are in win now mode? Having Waller and Adams on the field at the same time will be trouble for any defense and the run game should benefit greatly.

The only way it would make sense was if it were a cap squeeze issue like the one that forced the Cowboys to give up Cooper.  But given that Carr and Adams both just signed extensions, they’re only on the books for a combined 27 million this year, with Waller adding an additional 7 million.  

The cap may become an issue for them in a year or two, but it’s definitely not an issue at present.  

11 hours ago, briantw said:

I'm not sure it's even that hot of a take.  Their offense is Mahomes and their defense is arguably the worst in the division. 

2 hours ago, aceluby said:

I'm not sure it's even that hot of a take.  Their offense is Mahomes and their defense is arguably the worst in the division. 

It's going to interesting to see them without Hill scaring the shit out of everyone.

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

It's going to interesting to see them without Hill scaring the shit out of everyone.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Let's not forget Travis Kelce, the greatest playcaller in football.

I think w/out a guy like Hill it's gonna be hard for Kelce to repeat as the best TE in the game.  We'll see, but IMO I think Reid is going to have to get back to the genius scheming of years past with worse teams and Mahomes is going to have to really implement those and stop getting cute.  And even with that, it isn't going to guarantee wins against their stacked division.

The Chiefs also have two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders, so their offense could look considerably different next week.  Also replacing Hill with Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Juju Smith-Schuster may well work out for them, albeit the three names are a red flag.

So Laremy Tunsil just released a NFT of the infamous gas mask from draft night, I think it's awesome that he did this. Even better, he is donating a portion of the proceeds to a group that helps with legal issues surrounding weed arrests! I think he is my new hero

31 minutes ago, dbunting said:

So Laremy Tunsil just released a NFT of the infamous gas mask from draft night, I think it's awesome that he did this. Even better, he is donating a portion of the proceeds to a group that helps with legal issues surrounding weed arrests! I think he is my new hero

Honestly never understood why that was such a big deal to begin with.

College kid smokes weed.  More at 11.

Speaking of Tunsil, I heard a commentator say today that he’s done more for the Dolphins than any other player since Ricky. On its face that sounds absurd, but yo, look what that trade has produced:

Current Results from Laremy Tunsil trade:

• Johnson Bademosi (4 games played, released)
  • Julién Davenport (24 games played, 9 starts, not re-signed)
  • Noah Ibinoghene (23 games played, 3 starts, 19 tackles, 2 passes defensed, 2 fumble recoveries)
  • Solomon Kindley (29 games played, 15 starts)
  • Jaylen Waddle (16 games played, 16 starts, 104 receptions, 1,015 yards, 6 touchdowns, 2 rushes, 3 yards, touchdown)
  • Jevon Holland (16 games played, 13 starts, 69 tackles, 10 passes defensed, 2 interceptions, 3 fumble recoveries, 2.5 sacks)
  • Tyreek Hill
  • 2022 third-round pick (102nd) (from 49ers)
  • 2022 fourth-round pick (125th) (from Steelers)
  • 2023 first-round pick (from 49ers)

Bold players still on Dolphins’ roster.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/3/25/22995511/updating-the-legend-that-is-the-laremy-tunsil-trade

Ugh.  So the past day or two every time I see a new reply on this thread I immediately think "shit, was Deebo traded and I missed it?!?" and then get all anxious and rush to check.  So in the interest of my sanity, can y'all just not reply to this thread until the draft starts tomorrow night -- unless it's to report Deebo was traded? 

...No?  That's an absurdly unreasonable request to accommodate my obsessive insanity?  Well, fine! 

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ugh.  So the past day or two every time I see a new reply on this thread I immediately think "shit, was Deebo traded and I missed it?!?" and then get all anxious and rush to check.  So in the interest of my sanity, can y'all just not reply to this thread until the draft starts tomorrow night -- unless it's to report Deebo was traded? 

...No?  That's an absurdly unreasonable request to accommodate my obsessive insanity?  Well, fine! 

You've left Jimmy behind too? 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You've left Jimmy behind too? 

Huh?  Nah I just don't think he's gonna be traded this week or anytime soon.  Hell, by the sounds of it the Niners are resigned to waiting until he can throw in the summer.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Speaking of Tunsil, I heard a commentator say today that he’s done more for the Dolphins than any other player since Ricky. On its face that sounds absurd, but yo, look what that trade has produced:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/3/25/22995511/updating-the-legend-that-is-the-laremy-tunsil-trade

Almost posted that when the Hill trade went down but I m pretty sure its missing some of the picks traded away.

Though LTs "I' m a blessing y'all" tweet after that trade was great.

42 minutes ago, DMC said:

Huh?  Nah I just don't think he's gonna be traded this week or anytime soon.  Hell, by the sounds of it the Niners are resigned to waiting until he can throw in the summer.

Just giving you shit. And for what it's worth, it's not the end of the world. Lance might not be ready yet. He might get hurt. Or possibly best for you, someone else's starter might get hurt.

22 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Almost posted that when the Hill trade went down but I m pretty sure its missing some of the picks traded away.

Though LTs "I' m a blessing y'all" tweet after that trade was great.

I still don't get how after getting Waddle and Hill they still have another first rounder from the trade.

Archived