NFL Offseason 2022 - The Slog of Slogs!

aceluby

I'd think that the Niners are probably waiting for the outcome of the Watson trade before they move Jimmy.  He'll have more value once Watson is off the table and a few teams are left without QBs.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'd think that the Niners are probably waiting for the outcome of the Watson trade before they move Jimmy.  He'll have more value once Watson is off the table and a few teams are left without QBs.

Yes, at this point it makes sense to wait for Watson to be moved - assuming he's moved shortly.

That Von Miller deal....

Seems like an overpay, and the Bills will regret in a few years.  Is their window that open now?

Or are inflation and salary cap increases going to make that digestible?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

And you wonder why us non-Niners fans are not very high on Jimmy? I really don't get it, you guys think he's better than he is despite most other fanbases telling you they do not want their team to trade for him. I almost wonder if you'd be better off holding on to him and waiting for a desperate team during next season. I get why DMC wants the pick now, but if it's truly Lance's time to be thrown into the meat grinder, this year's results don't matter unless he's surprisingly good.

32 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

That Von Miller deal....

Seems like an overpay, and the Bills will regret in a few years.  Is their window that open now?

No on paper that reads like a horrible deal unless everything guaranteed is frontloaded and the cap hit is minimal after two years.

Still not worse than the deal the Rockies gave Bryant though. Woof. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And you wonder why us non-Niners fans are not very high on Jimmy? I really don't get it, you guys think he's better than he is despite most other fanbases telling you they do not want their team to trade for him.

Um, maybe you don't get it because this isn't the case?  I said I'd be happy with a Day 2 pick, seems pretty clear the Niners have been offered at least that.  Moreover, in terms of "other fanbases," I obviously woulda been fine with this as well:

On 2/17/2022 at 2:13 AM, Babblebauble said:

Couple of 3s. Çolts don't have a three this year though so maybe a 4th rounder this year and a 2nd next.

Not to mention the shoulder surgery obviously changing things.

12 hours ago, mcbigski said:

That Von Miller deal....

Very glad Dallas didn't do this deal. I hate that we are losing lots of our own talent but glad we aren't over paying for deals like this. I hope they can get Wagner relatively cheap for two years, VanderEsch even cheaper for couple years and move Parsons to DE to take Gregory's spot.

If Dallas doesn't hit a couple home runs in the draft it's gonna be a long long season.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

How the hell are they gonna go back to Baker after the “adult QB” comments? What a mess. :lol:

It is an intriguing commercial opportunity though where he shows up to the stadium after a hard day at work only to find that the locks have been changed and there’s an eviction notice.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

It is an intriguing commercial opportunity though where he shows up to the stadium after a hard day at work only to find that the locks have been changed and there’s an eviction notice.

Would be a fitting end to his time as a national pitchman. 

2 hours ago, briantw said:

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Would be a fitting end to his time as a national pitchman. 

I was picturing something like when Chris Paul got traded and there were things about him moving and such.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

They could also have security toss him out of the stadium like Uncle Phil always used to toss Jazz.

Well they're denying his trade request, so now they need to make it a horror commercial where he can't escape the stadium while being chased by dogs.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well they're denying his trade request, so now they need to make it a horror commercial where he can't escape the stadium while being chased by dogs.

I'd be shocked if he's not traded.  This is the song and dance NFL teams do to maintain leverage.  "Unless we get something worthwhile in return, we're keeping him."  That's the message here. 

La'el Collins visiting Bengals tonight. If Bengals can land him and fix their RT spot, that OL is in pretty good shape. Still could use a C or LG (COME TO ME JC TRETTER) but it's soooooo much better than last year. They need to finish the job though. Important to land Collins and solidify the right.

With an OL, not sure how teams stop the Bengals. Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and time. Good luck?

26 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'd be shocked if he's not traded.  This is the song and dance NFL teams do to maintain leverage.  "Unless we get something worthwhile in return, we're keeping him."  That's the message here. 

His trade value is low and isn't going to change. If he's traded I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for less than Wentz and Jimmy despite him being the one with the most upside. 

Unrelated, but I've finally seen Mitch's contract and it's 2 years, $14.25m with incentives that can bring it up to a max of $27m. I think that's a good deal, especially if the reports that it's heavily frontloaded are true. It will be interesting to see if they still take a QB (I wouldn't with the first rounder at least).

Archived