US Politics: Putin up with Trump

Ormond

It seemed like with the old thread on page 21 someone should start a new one.

Anyway, here is the latest Trump fundraising email. It's amazing to me that he wouldn't start to be turning off some of his real supporters on the email list with such obvious lies as Trump himself knowing the name of all the people who have not responded to the wall appeal yet -- I'm sure there are tens of thousands. And of course it's a complete lie in terms of myself who has always strongly opposed Trump.

Friend,

We hope you didn’t ignore President Trump’s email.

He knows you’re one of his top supporters, and he was SHOCKED to see that your name was MISSING from the most recent list of Patriots who contributed to have their name engraved on our Official 2022 Trump Donor Wall.

OFFICIAL 2022 TRUMP DONOR WALL

The President asked us to personally reach out to you because he wants to give you one more chance to have your name permanently engraved on the Donor Wall. 

This is a one-time offer, Friend, and space is extremely limited. If you don’t act now, you’ll regret it forever.

Please contribute $5 or more before 11:59 PM TONIGHT to have your name permanently engraved on the Official 2022 Trump Donor Wall.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Anyway, here is the latest Trump fundraising email. It's amazing to me that he wouldn't start to be turning off some of his real supporters on the email list with such obvious lies as Trump himself knowing the name of all the people who have not responded to the wall appeal yet -- I'm sure there are tens of thousands. And of course it's a complete lie in terms of myself who has always strongly opposed Trump.

Does anyone else smell the stench of desperation?

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

This is a scam isn't it? Some scammer using the Great Scammer's name?

2 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Finding dem candidates who can win in red states just keeps getting better

Wait, why in the hell was she at a sleepover with preteens in the first place?  Feel like that's burying the lede.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Wait, why in the hell was she at a sleepover with preteens in the first place?  Feel like that's burying the lede.

Because Ty was busy? :D :leaving:

More serious answer. I just assume she was supposed to supervise them. At least that's my default assumptions.

5 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

More serious answer. I just assume she was supposed to supervise them. At least that's my default assumptions.

Here's the article on it.  Sounds..very weird to me to just have adults getting drunk and hanging out with the girls at their sleepover.  But then again, I've never been to a girls sleepover.

47 minutes ago, DMC said:

To be fair, the vast majority of political fundraising email spamming read like scams.  That's bipartisan.  Granted, Trump's appear even more ridiculous and stupid, but that's on-brand.

I always get a kick reading over the top donation asks. When I had to cold call people for the DFL they wanted us to use these terribly long scripts highlighting how great the party is and how awful Republicans are and it rarely worked. It was way more effective in my experience to just quickly say I’m from the DFL and ask if there’s an amount they’re willing to donate.

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Because Ty was busy? :D :leaving:

How dare you!!! I would never have thrown up in a shoe.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Here's the article on it.  Sounds..very weird to me to just have adults getting drunk and hanging out with the girls at their sleepover.  But then again, I've never been to a girls sleepover.

Yeah, so the mother of the girl hosting it invited her over. I can guess hosting a bunch of 12 y.o. girls can be annoying. I can see why the mother invited a friend over to keep her company.

Leaving the girls some freedom to do whatever they do at a sleepover (our female boarder are more qualified to comment on that), while the adults enjoy a glass of wine and have an adult conversation - I can see how that looks like a good idea to keeper your own sanity as parent. Apparently that glass of wine, turned into a few more glasses than Broyles could handle, or she was on some meds that itneracted with alcohol. That's about the closest I can get to a kinda generous reading of the situation.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Leaving the girls some freedom to do whatever they do at a sleepover (our female boarder are more qualified to comment on that), while the adults enjoy a glass of wine and have an adult conversation - I can see how that looks like a good idea to keeper your own sanity as parent.

Right.  Hell if I had kids that's definitely what I would do.  It's the hanging out with the girls thing that gets me.  At least when we had (male) sleepovers as kids, we definitely didn't want the adults hanging out with us.

Times sure have changed!  Where I Came From moms did not have other moms over at their daughters' slumber parties (what they were called Where I Came From, though not slumbering was the point), much less drink wine.  Of course, Where I Came From, nobody drank wine anyway, and judging by what called wine was available out there, the last time I was there, nobody would want to!  Boys, until junior high would stay over with friends, but those weren't called slumber parties, and that stopped completely by the time they were about 12 - 13.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

Right.  Hell if I had kids that's definitely what I would do.  It's the hanging out with the girls thing that gets me.  At least when we had (male) sleepovers as kids, we definitely didn't want the adults hanging out with us.

Maybe they were just checking in on them to see if everything was alright/they needed anything/whatever. And somehow things got off the rails from there. :dunno:

Maybe the wine making her a bit too, let's say, sociable.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Maybe they were just checking in on them to see if everything was alright/they needed anything/whatever. And somehow things got off the rails from there. :dunno:

Yeah, but the article mentions them taking pictures with the adults and having the girls delete their photos and everything.  I dunno, I'm verging on going on a rant about my generation raising kids and social media that is probably ill advised.  Maybe I'll come back after I drink some more.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, but the article mentions them taking pictures with the adults and having the girls delete their photos and everything.  I dunno, I'm verging on going on a rant about my generation raising kids and social media that is probably ill advised.  Maybe I'll come back after I drink some more.

I assume you are not helping a friend herding a bunch of preteens right now.

Archived