Football, a pussy gives me Wood.

BigFatCoward

Well that was uncomfortable. Antonio really does cause us more problems than pretty much any other striker in the league with the unusual combination nowadays of being good at holding up the ball and able to threaten in behind the high line. At least we got the win though.

5 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Well that was uncomfortable. Antonio really does cause us more problems than pretty much any other striker in the league with the unusual combination nowadays of being good at holding up the ball and able to threaten in behind the high line. At least we got the win though.

To be fair, Mo should have scored that sitter in the first 5 minutes of the game, but that miss summed up his game tonight.By his standards he was poor.

Konate's positioning was suspect for a couple of West Ham's shots on our goal. but he's very young and still learning.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

You know even for all the credit he gets I don't think we've all quite realised just how good Bukayo Saka is at football just yet. And I've been fanboying him since like his second game for Arsenal.

He'll be good for Liverpool next season.

Arsenal are looking pretty well set for fourth place here given they still have two games in hand over United. Squad depth would be the major concern I suppose.

I think all of the sides outside the top three should have a long term plan targeting 2024 for a genuine title challenge. Finishing above both Liverpool and City looks a big ask for anyone in the short term but Klopp's almost certainly leaving Liverpool in 2024, I think Guardiola will probably be gone too by then and who knows what a post Abramovich Chelsea will be like. If Arsenal can get in the Champions League next year and build on their core of young players over the next couple of years that looks like a real possibility for them.

Archived