Rest in peace, Lilith of Tarth

TrackerNeil

21 hours ago, TrackerNeil said:

Hello all. Those of us "old-timers" will remember Lillith of Tarth, a/k/a Leila Monaghan, and I am heartbroken to report that she passed away this morning of the cancer with which she had struggled for so long.

I can't bear to say much more right now, except that she gave me good advice, and that she went out on a limb for me when no one else would. 

Oh my gosh this is terrible news. I very much enjoyed the conversations I had with Lillith and I was sad when she stopped posting here. I am sending so much love to you @TrackerNeil and to all of Lillith's loved ones. 

Wanted to follow up -- I might be misremembering, but didn't Lillith's partner also occasionally post here @TrackerNeil? I seem to remember them both living on a large piece of land in Wyoming and her partner being a woodworker? If my deeply faulty memory is not lying to me, and if you are in contact with him, please send him my deepest condolences. If it's who I think, I also really enjoyed chatting with him and I am heartbroken for him, and for you. 

2 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Wanted to follow up -- I might be misremembering, but didn't Lillith's partner also occasionally post here @TrackerNeil? I seem to remember them both living on a large piece of land in Wyoming and her partner being a woodworker? I

Your memory is correct -- he was timmett. In fact, he's reached out in a mail I just saw -- he lost his password along the way some time and wanted to post here about Lilith.

Thank you for such a characteristically beautiful elegy, Timmett. Your gift for words is undiminished. 

Lilith was a lovely person, a star of the board, and also tremendous fun. I only met her once, in London when the world still made sense, but it was a great evening. Her insight, curiosity and joie de vivre were obvious. One of the best, and very much missed. Love to you, Timmett, as you deal with this terrible blow.

TrackerNeil sent me over to read your beautiful words, Timmet. I am not ashamed to admit it took me several tissues to get through. Though it is unfair and incredibly sad to have lost her light so young, I am at least grateful that you two were able to find each other and be there for one another through this painful process. 

Leila always made every room better by being in it. She had the kindest, liveliest mind. And truly, that’s also how she’s left our world — improved, just because she was here.

I feel incredibly lucky to have known her, and you as well, Timmet. I hope that soon, your memories of her will make you smile instead of crying. May her memory be a blessing.