Elden Ring

RumHam

38 minutes ago, briantw said:

All the bosses that are programmed to attack the second you use a flask are horse shit.  

If you're PVPing and see someone about to enter the flask animation in your range, wouldn't you whack them?

21 minutes ago, Ran said:

If you're PVPing and see someone about to enter the flask animation in your range, wouldn't you whack them?

The difference with a human is reaction time.  I need to actually see the animation starting before I can react.  The bosses are programmed to attack the moment you press the button, not after they see the animation start.  

It's just cheap design. 

Finished up Farum Azula last night and got the boss down to a sliver about 1/2 dozen times, which was super frustrating, but I eventually got him and triggered the capital burning to the ground.  100% cheesed the guy on a horse before hand with an infinite comet to the face.  I have zero qualms in doing so as I am of the opinion that this game should be played utilizing all the tools given - I'll do different builds and challenges later.  Also helped some more with Melania, which is actually pretty fun if even one other person has a decent strategy.  Will hopefully finish it out this week and then see if there was anything I missed

Yeah that's the guy that took me hours doing it without comet this time after doing exactly that the first time I fought him, then beat his boss in 1 or 2 attempts. The bosses that don't let me summon gives me an idea of how much I'd struggle without spirit ashes lol.

I managed to get Malenia on the second build as well although it took a respec from faith/arcane with dragon communion seal to a more optimized faith/int with the golden order seal. Think at this point I've clocked 4x more deaths to her than anything else.

Patch was deployed last night.  Haven't played it yet, but apparently they nerfed the infinite FP flask in 1/2, so it's 7.5 seconds instead of 15.  They also BUFFED Melania.  You read that right.  Now she not only heals on hit, but also passively heals as well.  Neither of these were in the patch notes, so they may have been unintentional.  There are a ton of spell and incantation buffs in this patch, some weapon balancing (colossal swords got a big buff), but they didn't really do anything about rivers of blood, except make the bleed proc not stun you as much (same for freeze, but that hasn't been much of an issue).  Madness, however, was nerfed pretty significantly where it's harder to proc from most weapons and doesn't stun as long.

I'll see how things go when I get back to it, but it sure makes me glad I did Melania when I did.

Ouch! I got up to her for the first time a few days ago. Couldn't do it with my setup so I rejiggered a bit to have the FP to summon Tiche, because they do bleed damage and are better at dodging. I also upgraded the mace to +25 again for the bleed damage. Almost got her a few times last night but she kept killing me with that bullshit move. If I hadn't decided to stop playing and watch Better Call Saul I probably could have killed her. Now I dunno how I'm gonna do it.

Apparently the infinite FP nerf was definitely unintentional, so they will be doing an emergency patch for it.  Melania also seems to be unintentional as well, but didn't hear anything on a possible fix.  It only happens when she hits through iFrames, but her flurry move requires it at least once.  I can't see how this was intentional and wonder if they were trying to fix the bug where she gets life on a shield hit (which is dumb as hell, how can something that do no damage leech life?) and instead did this?  I don't know, but I would expect a fix to it fairly soon.

I'd be fine with Melania being buffed. She is entirely optional after all, and requires completing multiple previous optional areas to even reach. She's already one of the toughest bosses FromSoft has ever made; why not go all-out and make her a truly ridiculous challenge?

The various incantation buffs intrigue me quite a bit. But I can't imagine playing the game again unless I have a major lull in new releases I'm interested in.

Even if they wanted to buff her, that doesn't make sense to me as the way they would do it - her heal on hit mechanic is designed in such a way that you're able to prevent it with perfect play, but this makes it happen even if you play perfectly.

Apparently A LOT of the bosses are buggy with this latest release.  It seems that proc'ing bleed is causing them to instantly lose all their health.  Seen about a bunch of videos today from Godskin Duo, Fire Giant, Radahn, and a few smaller bosses where this is happening.  Seems widespread.

With all the issues with this patch I'm a little surprised they aren't just rolling it back and trying again instead of having a broken game out there while they try to fix these.  I haven't had much time to play lately, so hopefully these get fixed by the time I can.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:26 AM, briantw said:

All the bosses that are programmed to attack the second you use a flask are horse shit.  

Yeah. Skinny godskin is not a hard fight by himself either time but if you estus when he is not in one of his animations he does the black flame shot which has faster animation and flight time than chugging so it's a guaranteed hit on you. Straight unfair bullshit.

I've taken a break until they fix malenia. Been playing Dark Souls Remastered on Switch. Such a great game. I thought it might feel like a step back after Elden Ring but nope.

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

I've taken a break until they fix malenia. Been playing Dark Souls Remastered on Switch. Such a great game. I thought it might feel like a step back after Elden Ring but nope.

I should do that again.  I got to artorias on my last run and quit and ER is basically broken right now.  Maybe even do a run  of all the From games

Does anyone know what bosses lock you out of co-op in the open world in each area? Me and my friends are sort of worried about taking on bosses in the open world, if it's going to screw up our co-op run.

Well I finished out my first playthrough, the final boss was a PITA until I took a break and then did everything I could to increase my holy defense.  Once I did that I beat them on my first try.  Now I'm going back and finishing off the last of the optional bosses, only have the big dragon that I missed in Farum Azula left.  Should get some time tonight to finish that out and start NG+, then it's just getting the other endings to get my platinum.

New patch came out today.  Fixes Melania, the hidden cerulian tear (infinite FP), and the boss glitches that would cause bosses to insta-die when proc'd with bleed right before getting to the next phase.

On a side note, I found Dragonlord Placidusax in Farum Azula and think it was probably my favorite boss of the game.  Very tough with a lot of stuff that hits hard, but nothing that one or two shots you unless it's your fault.  Just a classic, tough, but fair souls boss.  I nearly beat it on my first try, but then ended up spending the better part of an hour taking it down.

Gonna finish off a few more side things, but really close on closing out NG and starting NG+.  Should just need to run through NG+ and NG++ to get my platinum... and then play some palate cleansers I have in my backlog.

Thanks for the heads up! At this point though I'm going with your plan of replaying them all. Just finished Dark Souls last night and plan to start II in a bit. Let me tell you Dark souls + Joycon Drift is not a good combination. It'll be nice to play this one with an xbox controller.

Once III is down I will finally beat Elden Ring.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Thanks for the heads up! At this point though I'm going with your plan of replaying them all. Just finished Dark Souls last night and plan to start II in a bit. Let me tell you Dark souls + Joycon Drift is not a good combination. It'll be nice to play this one with an xbox controller.

Once III is down I will finally beat Elden Ring.

No Bloodborne or Sekiro?

Archived