Brandon Sanderson's Towers of Cash

SpaceChampion

2 hours ago, Ninefingers said:

10-15 year publication gap, or 10-15 years in world? (I believe @baxus was talking about the latter)

10-15 years in world. I believe he's aiming for the publication gap to be around 6 years if possible (he wants to publish the third series with one book a year, and each book to be shorter, around the size of the OG Mistborn trilogy).

On 4/4/2023 at 4:40 PM, Rhom said:

I have nowhere close to any clue where the story goes after Book 5.  There is very clearly a "Big Bad" for this first era of Stormlight Archives.  I just don't know what the end goal is for the second 5 book arc.  :dunno: 

Spoiler

I get the sense that the five-year gap is a truce or stalemate and the Big Bad will resume after Book 5.  Anyway, the outcome of the Stormlight Archive is hardly a mystery if you are familiar with Sanderson's oeuvre.  If you read, you are a big believer in journey over destination. 

• 2 months later...

Book 2 of the Kickstarter arrived yesterday.  I have not had a chance to read book one yet.  Like that one, this one is a gorgeously illustrated hardback.  Its blue.  (The first one was green.)

I had thought that all four books were supposed to be part of the Cosmere, but this one's title is The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England.  So I'm guessing that it isn't tied in.  :dunno: 

• 4 weeks later...

Book Three arrived today.  Yumi and the Nightmare Painter.  Its purple.  Also gorgeously illustrated.  

Still haven't had time to read book 1 yet.  :lol: 

Edited by Rhom

57 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Book Three arrived today.  Yumi and the Nightmare Painter.  Its purple.  Also gorgeously illustrated.  

Still haven't had time to read book 1 yet.  :lol: 

Yeah, I've thought for a long time whether you like or loathe Sanderson, what he did in the Stormlight archive in terms artwork and crossing the novel/graphic novel wall was innovative and valuable. 

18 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

So thats how he has the energy to pump out all these books... :lol: 

On 7/23/2023 at 2:13 AM, Gaston de Foix said:

Yeah, I've thought for a long time whether you like or loathe Sanderson, what he did in the Stormlight archive in terms artwork and crossing the novel/graphic novel wall was innovative and valuable. 

We bought Stormlight book 1. It's untouched thus far, as our wrists are terrified of its weight.

18 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

LOL, you need one of these like a church: link.  

I wonder if like, a lap version exists, that has some kind of mould options to let it wrap around one's thighs and still hold a book up...

That's amazing. I had a rescue kitten gifted (unexpectedly) to me in my 20s, he had little tufts of hair between his toes and spiky ears, this tiny little thing. Well surely he had some Maine Coon or similar in him, because little Walter ended up one big boy. Alas feline leukemia took him before he was two so we never got to see Truly Big Walter.

Anyway my reasoning stands that a nice lazy lap cat might not mind my ridiculously large Oathbringer hardback laying across him for proper page-turnability.

Edited by Argonath Diver