Beric Dondarrion is the Hooded Man

So, I know the lighting lord is supposed to be dead, but, he was also dead six other times, and it all fits, Cat (Lady SH) sent him to winterfell to get revenge on the Freys and Boltons, perhaps, also to help retrieve Arya (obviously to us, Jeyne Poole), and I also know that Thoros told Brienne that he died and all of that, but that could be all a cover for Beric to infiltrate into the northerh of frey host that went to the north (from the riverlands) and that way, started killing freys and boltons (like the hooded man is doing), I'm pretty sure that no one in the host at winterfell has ever seen dondarrion, for  most he will only be a one eye hedge knight, also, the hooded man doesn't like theon, and is always calling him a turncloack, that could also be the message from  Lady Stoneheart, your thoughts.

• 1 month later...

Giving Beric the option to die for an eighth time would sort of ruin his numerical theme. Also, it kinda cheapens the sacrifice of his final death, where he revived Catelyn. It's not entirely unreasonable for the hooded man to be Beric, but it would run counter to what was done to his character already.

As for my response to the post above, well, see my signature. That was seven years ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am still far from convinced that the hooded man is anyone special; just a random northerner in winterfell we'll never see again. i suspect this mystery is something manufactured by the fandom.

but, if you're right that the hooded man is "someone," Beric Dondarrion is a plausible candidate, though less so than several of the others. 

Also I tend to exclude Benjen, anyone who lived at winterfell (e.g. Harwin), or anyone who was in the upper tier of Rob's army, because Theon doesn't recognize him.

10 hours ago, Brother Seamus said:

I am still far from convinced that the hooded man is anyone special; just a random northerner in winterfell we'll never see again. i suspect this mystery is something manufactured by the fandom.

Just a small walk on roll with a couple of lines, that’s how I see it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is one theory that I have never heard before and do quite enjoy. I was thinking recently that Lady Stoneheart has GOT to have a crucial part to play in the upcoming Long Night (otherwise why would the Lord of Light allow her to come back?) and no she’s not going to revive Jon. 

With that being said, it’s highly plausible that Beric’s final death is a fake because it would be the first time GRRM has told us a character is dead and then they show up alive and that Thoros just revived her.

Although my main criticism of this theory is that why would Beric be sent north and not the likes of Harwin? And surely one of the main features revealed about the Hooded Man would be if he had one eye - even if you can’t quite see his face fully I think it would still be quite noticeable

Archived