A Song of Ice and Fire Character Heights (The Height Hiarachy Pt. 2)

Lucius Vale

heres an update

Aeron Greyjoy - 6'3"

Aerys Targaryen - 6'1"

Alisser Thorne - 5'11"

Andrick the Unsmiling - 6'10"

Anguy - 5'7"

Arianne Martell - 5'2"

Arya Stark - 4'0" - 4'5"

Arys Oakheart - 5'11"

Asha Greyjoy - 5'7"

Balon Greyjoy - 6'1"

Barristan Selmy - 6'1"

Benjen Stark - 5'10"

Beric Dondarrion - 5'8"

Bran Stark - 4'7" - 5'

Brandon Stark - 6'1"

Brienne of Tarth - 6'5"

Bronn - 6'1"

Brynden Tully - 6'1"

Catelyn Stark - 5'8"

Cersie Lannister - 5'5"

Chett - 5'7"

Daario Naharis - 6'2"

Daenarys Targaryen - 5'3" - 5'5"

Davos Seasworth - 5'6"

Doran Martell - 5'11" - 5'8"

Eddison Tollett - 5'9"

Edmure Tully - 6'3"

Euron Greyjoy - 6'3"

Garlan Tyrell - 6'2"

Gendry - 5'11" - 6'2"

Gilly - 5'5"

Greatjon Umber - 5'11"

Gregor Clegane - 7'2" [armor. boots, and helmet makes him look much taller]

Grenn - 6'5"

Grey Worm - 5'8"

Hodor - 7'0"

Howland Reed - 5'5"

Illyn Payne - 6'3"

Illyrio Mopatis - 5'9"

Jamie Lannister - 6'3"

Janos Slynt - 5'6"

Jaqen Hgar - 5'8"

Jeor Mormont - 6'1"

Jeyne Westerling - 5'4"

Jinglebell Frey - 5'7"

Joffrey Baratheon - 5'6" - 5'11"

Jojen Reed - 5'1"

Jon Connington - 5'11"

Jon Snow - 5'5" - 5'10"

Jorah Mormont - 5'10"

Kal Drogo - 6'4"

Kevan Lannister - 6'2"

Lancel Lannister - 5'4" - 5'11"

Lem Lemmoncloak - 6'5"

Loras Tyrell - 5'11"

Lord of Bones/Rattleshirt - 5'6"

Lyle Crakehall - 6'5"

Lysa Arryn - 5'5"

Lysa Arryn - 5'6"

Mace Tyrell - 6'0"

Maester Aemon - 5'11"

Mance Rayder - 5'10'

Margeary Tyrell - 5'4"

Meera Reed - 5'4"

Melisandre - 6'1"

Meribald - 5'11"

Meryn Trant - 5'9"

Ned Stark - 5'11"

Obara Sand - 5'7"

Oberyn Martell - 6'0"

Olenna Tyrell - 4'11"

Osfryd and Osney Kettleblack - 6'3"

Osha - 6'1"

Osmund Kettleblack - 6'6"

Patchface - 5'6"

Penny - 4'2"

Petyr Baelish - 5'5"

Podrick Payne - 5'4" - 5'7"

Polliver - 6'7"

Pycell - 5'8"

Pypar - 5'5"

Qhorin Halfhand - 6'0"

Rafford the Sweetling - 6'0"

Ramsay Snow - 5'11"

Renly Baratheon - 6'3"

Rhaegar Targaryen - 6'0"

Rickard Karstark - 6'1"

Robb Stark - 5'7" - 5'11"

Robert Baratheon - 6'6"

Roose Bolton - 5'9"

Rorge - 6'4"

Samwell Tarly - 5'9"

Sandor Clegane - 6'8"

Sansa Stark - 5'3" - 5'6"

Serella "Alleras" Sand - 5'7"

Shireen Baratheon - 5'2" - 5'4"

Stannis Baratheon - 6'4"

Strong Belwas - 6'9"

Syrio Forel - 6'1"

The Tickler - 5'9"

The Ghost of High Heart - 3'0"

Theon Greyjoy - 6'0"

Thoros of Myr - 6'0"

Tom of Sevenstreams - 5'6"

Tormund Gianstbane - 5'11"

Tyrion Lannister - 3'3"

Tywin Lannister - 6'2"

Vargo Hoat - 6'0"

Varys - 5'8"

Victarion Greyjoy - 6'6"

Viserys Targaryen - 5'9"

Walder Frey - 5'7" - 5'6"

Wyman Manderly - 5'10"

Ygritte - 5'0"

Yohn Royce - 6'7"

if a character is shown to go from a taller height to a shorter height, its bc i believe they shrank.

Edited by Lucius Vale
just a post update

Your estimates are quite good.  I do have my own opinion based on my recollection of the reading material about the heights of the following ladies and gentlemen:

1. Prince Viserys/King Viserys 3:  5'11" to 6'0". Shorter than your average Targaryen.  
  2. Mance Rayder is noticeable taller in comparison to Jon Snow.  5'11".  I am in agreement.
  3. Greyworm.  I don't recall his height being confirmed.  My guess is about 5'10" or 5'11".
  4. Jon Snow at 16 is about 5'9". I do not think he will get the chance to reach full height.  
  5. Princess Daenerys at 15 is about 5'4". She may add an inch when she reaches her full maturity.  It is hard to say. She is short for a Targaryen.
  6. Prince Rhaegar was tall.  Noticeably taller when compared to his younger brother.  6'1" to 6'2"
  7. Ser Jorah. 6'2"
  8. Ser Barristan. 6'4". Long reach gives him advantage.
  9. Robb Stark. 5'7" at his death.  
  10. Jaqen. completely unremarkable.  5'9"
Edited by Rondo

17 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Your estimates are quite good.  I do have my own opinion based on my recollection of the reading material about the heights of the following ladies and gentlemen:

1. Prince Viserys/King Viserys 3:  5'11" to 6'0". Shorter than your average Targaryen.  
  2. Mance Rayder is noticeable taller in comparison to Jon Snow.  5'11".  I am in agreement.
  3. Greyworm.  I don't recall his height being confirmed.  My guess is about 5'10" or 5'11".
  4. Jon Snow at 16 is about 5'9". I do not think he will get the chance to reach full height.  
  5. Princess Daenerys at 15 is about 5'4". She may add an inch when she reaches her full maturity.  It is hard to say. She is short for a Targaryen.
  6. Prince Rhaegar was tall.  Noticeably taller when compared to his younger brother.  6'1" to 6'2"
  7. Ser Jorah. 6'2"
  8. Ser Barristan. 6'4". Long reach gives him advantage.
  9. Robb Stark. 5'7" at his death.  
  10. Jaqen. completely unremarkable.  5'9"

Yeah I agree, i think Jaqen is probably 5'9". I don't know though, it's never said in the books but I imagine his height changing like how Jarlaxle's height changes in the Forgotten Realms novels. Mance Rayder is said to be average height but for some reason a height like 5'9" seems rediculous for someone like him. He might be naturally 5'9" without boots or anything. Jon Snow's height is probably closer to what you said. If he lives on to the age of, say, 19 then he'd probably be 5'11". But i think he'll be dead before that or the story will end before he's nineteen years old. I don't think Barristan or Jorah are that tall. Well, maybe Barristan but Jorah just never struck me as a tall guy. His father does. But i think you're right about all this. except for Jorah but his height is never specified to it's up to interpretation.

Arya was around 4 feet in ASOS, so she's small for her age:

Beside the embers of their campfire, she saw Tom, Lem, and Greenbeard talking to a tiny little woman, a foot shorter than Arya and older than Old Nan, all stooped and wrinkled and leaning on a gnarled black cane.
-Arya IV, ASOS
Ned, Gendry, and many of the others were fast asleep when Arya spied the small pale shape creeping behind the horses, thin white hair flying wild as she leaned upon a gnarled cane. The woman could not have been more than three feet tall. The firelight made her eyes gleam as red as the eyes of Jon’s wolf. He was a ghost too. Arya stole closer, and knelt to watch.
-Arya VIII, ASOS

Just a quick note, I would like to mention the heights of Rorge and Lem Lemmoncloak before anyone goes insane for listing the two to be six and a half feet tall. First of all, both Sandor and Gregor are said to be some of the biggest people in westeros. They are feared and famed. It wouldn't make sense for Rorge to be 5'10" or even 6' tall and be feared as the Hound (wearing his dog-helm). how in god's name does that make sense? I mean unless the guy puts on special padded boots. I guess MAYBE it could make sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Robb isn't 5'7 and jon is the shorter one who carries his sword on his back. At the time of his death robb is said to have been noticeably taller then catelyn whos 5'8 at least and hes the only thats been growing tall and is described tall rather then jon so id wager he was probably 6 feet by the time of his unfortunate death. Jon on the other hand is maybe 5'9 since he essentially ned copy 

• 11 months later...