College Basketball 2022 and 2023: A Hoops Diary

Rhom

Normally, I couldn't bring myself to cheer for Syracuse and their gut punching apologists... but... I mean... its Duke.  I would love nothing quite so much as to see Saint K lose his last home game to UNC.  Lose the first game of the ACC tourney to a team that never should have left the Big East.  Then lose to a 15 seed (again).  Would be the perfect end to his sanctimonious career.

Go orange!

Edited by Rhom

I live 60 miles east of Syracuse. It's safe to say that a lot of folks are Orange fans here.  I'm sweating away in my spin class at noon (wearing my UNC shirt, of course) right beside my Duke alum colleague. She's streaming the game on her phone and I keep asking for the score. All the while, the spin instructor keeps yelling "focus ladies! Keep your RPMs up!"  Please, oh please.   (I am much more of an "anyone but Dook" fan than a SU fan.) 

I just saw that Stanford is beating Arizona with 4 minutes to play.  So I go looking for the game.  Never let anyone tell you the PAC12 is relevant every again.

I have YouTubeTV. Right now I have access to live coverage of the:

Mountain West tournament
B1G tournament
Big East tournament
A10 Tournament
AAC Tournament
ACC Tournament
Big12 Tournament
SEC Tournament

No coverage of the PAC12.

Down goes Auburn... moral of the story:  Save the confetti until you have something to celebrate.

Between them and Baylor both losing in the first round of their tourneys, I'm legit wondering what that means for their seeding.  Both were tracking towards 1 seeds; but what does it mean now?  Could Kansas/Kentucky move up for those?  Or will the committee just keep them where they stand?

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Down goes Auburn... moral of the story:  Save the confetti until you have something to celebrate.

Between them and Baylor both losing in the first round of their tourneys, I'm legit wondering what that means for their seeding.  Both were tracking towards 1 seeds; but what does it mean now?  Could Kansas/Kentucky move up for those?  Or will the committee just keep them where they stand?

Lunardi thinks Auburn will fall to a 2 now. They haven’t looked too impressive over the last month or so. 

Creighton in the midst of a 31-2 run against Providence. Once tied at 25 and it has turned into a complete blowout.

Uconn is 0-5 against Creighton the last 2 years. :mellow:

ETA: I’d be surprised if Providence makes it out of the first weekend of the tourney.

Edited by Ramsay B.

Ugh.  Potential Murray vs UK in the second round.

The stress will give me a heart attack.

I don’t like it at all because I feel like MSU could make their first S16 with a good draw and UK could go Final Four.

Having them match up early ruins both.

In non-tournament news, Mike White is jumping ship from UF to UGA, in what could prove an upgrade for both programs. White is a good dude and a solid coach, definitely a step up from Tom Crean (lol), but he probably hit his ceiling with the Gators. I doubt he could’ve withstood anymore mediocre seasons there, but he’ll make UGA’s program more competitive. 

I’d heard over the weekend that he was a possible exit strategy away from Kermit Davis at Ole Miss. As good ole boy type hires go, I certainly wouldn’t have minded it. 

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Did anybody start a tournament pick em here?

Don’t believe we did.  There wasn’t a lot of action around the college threads; so I didn’t see a lot of people clamoring for it. :(

In happier news; super proud of my friend for reffing his first ever NCAA tourney game tonight.  He was on the whistle for Wright State v Bryant.