College Basketball 2022 and 2023: A Hoops Diary

Rhom

On 3/16/2023 at 6:04 AM, Rhom said:

I am ashamed of myself.  I just filled out a bracket and didn’t look at the entirety of picture as I went.  Just individual game by game.

Wound up with Arizona.  Marquette.  Gonzaga.  Houston.

Picked Gonzaga to win.

Ive never had faith in Gonzaga.  But I’m also a believer that teams typically don’t arise out of nowhere and win a title, they generally knock on the door for a couple years first.  So I couldn’t take Alabama seriously.

Just imagining how many brackets are already in smithereens with a 1 seed a 2 seed and a Blue Blood (Duke) already charred corpse(s).:lmao:

Every year I do my company pool, and every year I try and pick well enough in the early rounds so that IF the team I picked wins, I will win.  I don't pick the top 3 or so teams to avoid having too many people also pick that team. 

This year I took Texas, and two other people also chose them.  I'm looking good against those two, so I just need to avoid a very improbable string of wins in the sweet 16 and I'll be good to go.  Then I just need Texas to win.  No problem, right?

8 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Pretty dope that either Princeton or Creighton will get to go to the Elite 8, I love the March upsets!

This has been a pretty crazy year.  1 and 2 seeds were only 50% (4 of 8) getting out of the first weekend.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's back!:

I read that the Garden only scheduled something like six of St Johns' home games this past year.  Pitino will automatically make them want all of them for the season.  Good move for St. Johns.

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I read that the Garden only scheduled something like six of St Johns' home games this past year.  Pitino will automatically make them want all of them for the season.  Good move for St. Johns.

It is until he's removed in five years for some scandal. I just think it's funny they're trying to claim they fired their last coach for cause when what they're accusing him of is a fraction of what old Ricky boi has done, and to the best our knowledge he never fucked someone a table in an Italian restaurant for 15 seconds.

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It is until he's removed in five years for some scandal. I just think it's funny they're trying to claim they fired their last coach for cause when what they're accusing him of is a fraction of what old Ricky boi has done, and to the best our knowledge he never fucked someone a table in an Italian restaurant for 15 seconds.

I think 15 is generous.

I've been to the restaurant.  It ain't that special either.