College Basketball 2022 and 2023: A Hoops Diary

Rhom

6 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

UCLA loses to Gonzaga on a game winning deep three again. 

Just saw that highlight.  That was a crazy finish with both teams just playing really well.

KState and Mich State put up a lot more points than I’m used to seeing.

Nice win for the Huskies.

I had Texas winning, but I need the Zags to win to hold off the other guy who picked Texas.  I had a bunch of live picks in the sweet sixteen (Michigan State, Houston, Alabama, Texas, Zaga) but only two of those teams won, which screwed me.  So now I need Zaga to win in the E8 AND texas to win the tournament to win my company pool.  If either Michigan State or Bama had won then I would have been far enough ahead that I didn't need to rely on the Zags.  Oh well.  Still a decent shot, Texas is playing well, they are definitely one of the favorites at this point. 

Thinking about my UConn or Gonzaga statement.

If UConn were to win that would be three titles with three different head coaches in the last 25 years.  I think that I would have to cement them into Blue Blood status for that.  One of my highest criteria for judging a program over time is can they win with different coaches in different eras?  That's better than most can do.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

But then I have a real soft spot for George Masons run to the f4.

Ugh. That ‘06 Uconn team was great too. Still remember that Elite 8 game clearly.

@Rhom We got 3 games left still. Don’t jinx this!

Texas is pretty legit though. The winner of Zaga-Uconn will probably still be the favorite but it’s obviously no gimme, especially with how this tourney has played out.

Edited by Ramsay B.

45 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Ugh. That ‘06 Uconn team was great too. Still remember that Elite 8 game clearly.

@Rhom We got 3 games left still. Don’t jinx this!

Texas is pretty legit though. The winner of Zaga-Uconn will probably still be the favorite but it’s obviously no gimme, especially with how this tourney has played out.

Texas is a great story too.  Name me one other team that can have their coach dismissed with cause in the middle of the season and can find themselves playing in the final weekends????  And do we think Beard would have them any better than this???