College Basketball 2022 and 2023: A Hoops Diary

Rhom

23 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Ugh, three in a row.  I think that might be only the second time that that's happened in the Bill Self era.

Then at UK this weekend followed by three ranked conference foes in KState, Iowa State, and Texas.

Says something when the “easiest” game in that stretch is at Rupp Arena. :lol: 

23 hours ago, Rhom said:

Then at UK this weekend followed by three ranked conference foes in KState, Iowa State, and Texas.

Says something when the “easiest” game in that stretch is at Rupp Arena. :lol: 

The Big XII is just stupid this year.

Well that is sure one way to derail the best potential season in school history.

And Oats... dude... "Wrong place, wrong time"?!!?  No.  Your best player provided the weapon that was used to commit a murder.  You knew.  And you didn't even suspend him.

Ouch.  

And for all the (justified) Oats bashing out there, I want to hear from the DA why Miller wasn’t charged.  You can’t convince me that a random 19 year old African American kid wouldn’t have been charged with being an accessory to the crime.

26 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Ouch.  

And for all the (justified) Oats bashing out there, I want to hear from the DA why Miller wasn’t charged.  You can’t convince me that a random 19 year old African American kid wouldn’t have been charged with being an accessory to the crime.

This has been a very confusing story to follow. This AL.com piece, which provides the most detailed description of events that I’ve seen, certainly seems to implicate Miller in some fashion. Miller’s windshield was apparently struck by multiple gunshots? His vehicle was blocking the victim’s car in? “Wrong place, wrong time” indeed. 

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius-miles-texted-brandon-miller-to-bring-gun-used-to-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html

Edited by Ferrum Aeternum

6 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

This has been a very confusing story to follow. This AL.com piece, which provides the most detailed description of events that I’ve seen, certainly seems to implicate Miller in some fashion. Miller’s windshield was apparently struck by multiple gunshots? His vehicle was blocking the victim’s car in? “Wrong place, wrong time” indeed. 

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/darius-miles-texted-brandon-miller-to-bring-gun-used-to-kill-jamea-jonae-harris-police-testify.html

Yeah, I saw that too.  I am genuinely confused about how he avoided charges.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Just a disgusting story all around.  

Even Dickie V is publicly expressing shock that he is playing.  Ultimately, Nate Oats is displaying a severe lack of leadership.

11 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Unreal. 

I saw something that said they have been doing that pat down in the pregame intro all season.

Bama is the team most in need of a PR consultant that I have ever seen.  

They just need someone (other than Ray Lewis) to come in and look at all aspects and tell them “Hey Coach Oats… you probably shouldn’t do that.”