College Basketball 2022 and 2023: A Hoops Diary

Rhom

On 3/24/2022 at 11:17 PM, Rhom said:

In other news… Duke is going to win this tournament and I am sick about it.

Don't tell me the Final 4 might end up being Duke, Tar Heels, Kansas, and Villanova and somehow I didn't see any of them coming?

Someone Google the 6 winningest programs since 2000, pretty sure it's these guys along with Kentucky and Gonzaga right?

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/the_25_best_college_hoops_programs_from_the_21st_century/s1__28571672

Just checked it, it was these guys Duke 1, Kansas 2, N.Carolina 3 Kentucky at 4th, Nova 6th.

UConn at 5 slipped in there ahead of Zaga who was 10th.

Anyways point being puck the seeds, I could've just heeded history and I would've drew 3 in my F4 bracket instead of just Kansas. But no, I had to over think it

AGAIN!!!:lmao:

Anyways I'm full on rooting for upsets the rest of the way, Tar Heels and Jayhawks can still be knocked out, please stop them.

The lowest seed to ever make the Final 4 was an 11 Google is telling me.

Can these 15th Peacocks defy the odds and win one more to make it?

Carolina has looked awfully tough, so if they do, it will really have been in impressive fashion that's fosho.

Eta: Your on the college's compensation committee or the Athletic Director for St.Joseph. How big a raise are you recommending for the Men Basketball Coach next season?

Dig Deeeep my friends.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

3 hours ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

Why? Is Duke playing Kentucky? 

In all seriousness, if I’m Hubert and win this game… I think I just retire. :lol: 

Knock off K in his last home game and then finish his career in the first ever tourney meeting?!!?  I mean… it’s all downhill from there, right?  Just call it a job well done.

21 hours ago, Rhom said:

In all seriousness, if I’m Hubert and win this game… I think I just retire. :lol: 

Knock off K in his last home game and then finish his career in the first ever tourney meeting?!!?  I mean… it’s all downhill from there, right?  Just call it a job well done.

Unfortunately, I doubt such fortuitous lightning would strike twice. 

2 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I don't hate how that half went.  Let Villanova feel a little too much hope after McCormack picked up his second foul.

It’s almost like these refs have been reading social media bitching about the refs all tourney and just said “F It.  We won’t call any fouls at all.”

1 minute ago, RedEyedGhost said:

There really weren't that many missed fouls though.

The refs I’ve been watching all season never let that stop them! :lol: