Iranian missile strike on US embassy

ants

Reading that Twitter, it's mentioned that these missiles emanated from a territory that was historically Azerbaijan. There are rebels in the territory and some confusion over the exact party that launched the attack.

Additionally one has to look at in whose interests would the attacks be? One poster stating Iran is in position to receive over $200 million a day in fresh oil revenue if they can wrap up a sucessful new deal with the Americans. Now is not the time for them to blow that with fresh attacks against the West who are looking for new oil suppliers and come eager to write checks to get that additional oil supply.

Now the rebels and Iran's adversaries......they have a great interest in seeing Iran unsuccessful in new talks with Americans. I seriously suspect a false flag attack could be from one of the parties that actually gain from this being pinned on Iran.

The early news reports say no US casualties, and the rockets/missiles landed near the consulate but did not strike it.  I don’t know if that’s accurate.  The picture will be clearer tomorrow.

Iran has a current flare-up with Israel but I don’t see why that would provoke an attack on the US or Kurds as the immediate reaction.

Iran may be feeling empowered by high oil prices and an embargo on Russian oil, and a view that America does not want to get drawn into conflict on another front.  It could also be a false flag attempt by Russia to expand the conflict and confusion and try to intimidate the US into isolationism.  But if a regional war breaks out again between Iran, Iraq and/or Kurdistan then I don’t see the US getting heavily involved with troops on the ground.  It’s just Sisyphean.  Iran has already been pursuing a proxy war with the Saudis via Yemen and the US doesn’t want to get drawn into it.

56 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Reading that Twitter, it's mentioned that these missiles emanated from a territory that was historically Azerbaijan. There are rebels in the territory and some confusion over the exact party that launched the attack.

Additionally one has to look at in whose interests would the attacks be? One poster stating Iran is in position to receive over $200 million a day in fresh oil revenue if they can wrap up a sucessful new deal with the Americans. Now is not the time for them to blow that with fresh attacks against the West who are looking for new oil suppliers and come eager to write checks to get that additional oil supply.

Now the rebels and Iran's adversaries......they have a great interest in seeing Iran unsuccessful in new talks with Americans. I seriously suspect a false flag attack could be from one of the parties that actually gain from this being pinned on Iran.

That would be really good news. 

I'm seeing statements from US that not only were there no casualties, but there isn't any damage to US facilities.  If that's the case, hard to imagine we're going to see much of a response from Biden or anyone really. 

Not only were there no casualties, but the consulate is under construction so there was nobody there, the missiles didn't even hit it and apparently they were targeting a suspected Mossad hideout in retaliation for a Mossad assassination of two Iranian intelligence operatives last week.

So either bad intelligence or a great deal of luck.

40 minutes ago, Werthead said:

apparently they were targeting a suspected Mossad hideout in retaliation for a Mossad assassination of two Iranian intelligence operatives last week.

Yeah hard to tell if they actually believed this or are just covering the embarrassment of missing the target and hitting residential areas instead.

Massive cyberattack on Israel tonight. Apparently the biggest it's ever experienced, but even so it was able to fend off the attack and restore services within half an hour or so.

Archived