Ukraine 11: Russian lies, guns, and money

Ser Scot A Ellison

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

We know Covid was SARS enhanced in Wuhan, paid for by USA.

I had it recently - wasn't at all pleasant but I survived unvaxxed. it felt like no virus I'd ever had before.

I'm not saying USA, WEF or anyone told Putin to invade Ukraine - that may be an act of opportunity. But the world is massively destabilized and powers that be will compete.

I'm just saying don't blindly pick a side without thinking.

WE know?  Well I obviously missed a meeting...what claptrap...

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

I had it recently - wasn't at all pleasant but I survived unvaxxed. it felt like no virus I'd ever had before.

I'm not saying USA, WEF or anyone told Putin to invade Ukraine - that may be an act of opportunity. But the world is massively destabilized and powers that be will compete.

I'm just saying don't blindly pick a side without thinking.

Can't you just cut to the chase and say it was the corporate elites/jews/lizard people. This beating around the bush is tiresome and boring to watch.

39 minutes ago, ummester said:

USA has violated international law and norms - WMDs in Iraq

That’s a lovely Tu Quoque fallacy.  US prior bad acts absolutely do not justify or excuse Russias current bad acts.  

Any other logical fallacies you’d like to illustrate for the Board?

Just now, Toth said:

I don't believe you. In just the post before that you stated some things as facts. Where did you hear them? Then again, you probably came to these conclusions yourself. But you still had someone hint at stuff and told you to think about it.

We always have to get external information from others, it's impossible not to - what's your point here?

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s a lovely Tu Quoque fallacy.  US prior bad acts absolutely do not justify or excuse Russias current bad acts.  

Any other logical fallacies you’d like to illustrate for the Board?

And the other way around it does not excuse demonizing Russia for the same kind of actions.

Do unto others...

Just now, ummester said:

Time will tell - if it proves me wrong I'll admit it.

I sincerely hope so. And that you don't fall into the trap of moving the goalposts like so many do to protect themselves from the shame of admitting it.

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

And the other way around it does not excuse demonizing Russia for the same kind of actions.

Do unto others...

Bad acts are bad acts.  Calling the Russians out for actual war crimes isn’t “demonizing” them.  It’s stating a fact.  I fully recognize and acknowledge that the Russians being sent to die in Ukraine are as much victims of the Russian dictator as the people of Ukraine.  

The Ukrainians simply refuse to accede to the Russian dictator’s demands, as is their right.  They have the right to defend themselves against the Russian invasion.

Are you saying the Ukrainians don’t have the right to defend themselves?

34 minutes ago, ummester said:

Ha!  Knew that was what you were fancy dancing around saying, what you REALLY REALLY REALLY could hardly restrain yourself from saying because you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to.  Thank you for fulfilling all the expectations about fools rushing in. :rofl:

1 hour ago, ummester said:

I lived life and realized that I should think for myself - no-one told me. I've just collected my sum experience for the last 50 years and deciphered it in a way that is pragmatic.

Good grief I thought you were a teenager. That'd have made the immaturity understandable at least.

Honestly for years to come we’ll be talking about how the war in Ukraine came to be part of one over arching conspiratorial view of the world that found a way to connect it to Covid, 5G, Bill Gates and China. 

Right now I still marvel at how many people are following the same old talking points and consider themselves to be ‘independent thinkers’

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Can't you just cut to the chase and say it was the corporate elites/jews/lizard people. This beating around the bush is tiresome and boring to watch.

It's borderline offensive to assume we'd work with subterrain dwelling lowlifes like @Myshkin who can't even get their silly downrising off the floor. We've got f'ing laser beams...in spaaace. Clearly we've brought the aliens in on this caper. 

Hmmm. I keep trying to post a comment but first the previous thread had been locked while I had been typing it, and now my phone died just as I was typing it again. Maybe the universe doesn’t want me post this comment. oh well who cares. 

In the previous thread someone suggested the Hungarian Polish friendship would be done in by the war, and that it was a tactical regime alliance rather than a friendship. The answer is yes, it has been, already. And no, it’s not a tactical alliance of the current regimes based on their being the attention seeking, rebellious misfits in the EU class room (no offense). It goes back, historically and culturally, we have centuries old rhymes and sayings about it. Hungarians aren’t great at expressing emotion, but Poland always had a special place in our hearts. As if the war itself hasn’t been heartbreak enough, it’s sad to see a divide between Poland and Hungary, albeit understandable. We love you, Poland, regardless of regimes past, present and future, or the EU. 

It's been all over the place today. It does look like a further redoubling of effort on Mariupol (how the hell any defenders are still fighting there, presumably cut off from food and ammo resupply for almost a month, I don't know) and it looks like some Russian units might have been called off to SE of Kharkiv, to link the Kharkiv area to the Donbas area along the NE border of Ukraine. That doesn't seem to be a great idea as counterattacks around Kharkiv had already been very successful last week, to the point that some everyday services have started to resume service in the city, like they have in Kyiv for weeks.

Despite the Russians supposedly pulling back from Chernihiv (again not a great idea because it looks like the Ukrainians are aiming to link up the Chernihiv and Sumy fronts even without such an easing off), reports that bombardments and bombings have continued there, possibly to cover the ground troops pulling back. The overall US and Western assessment is that they haven't seen signs of a major pullback but they have spotted some individual, badly-mauled units retreating into both Russia and Belarus for resupply and regrouping.

The various tech-watching websites and Twitter accounts have reported seeing fewer and fewer decent Russian equipment moving into Ukraine, but a big uptick in the number of "technicals," basically standard trucks and civilian four-wheel-drive vehicles with machine guns and other weapons mounted on the back (you normally see these in Middle East or African conflicts between very low-budgeted rebel groups). In a proper warzone against enemies armed with heavy AT rounds, they'll likely be as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Archived