Halo TV Show

Corvinus85

4 hours ago, briantw said:

He was great on that episode of Always Sunny where Charlie takes the pills that make him more smarter.

I can't believe someone uploaded that clip without Charlie's amazing presentation that happens right before. Gorman is great but Charlie Day might be the funniest person alive, in my opinion. Listening to their podcast it seems he very often adds the funniest line in an episode that wasn't in the script.

58 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I can't believe someone uploaded that clip without Charlie's amazing presentation that happens right before. Gorman is great but Charlie Day might be the funniest person alive, in my opinion. Listening to their podcast it seems he very often adds the funniest line in an episode that wasn't in the script.

It wouldn't let me embed the full video.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

When he rolls down that ramp and sighs... Lmfao

On 5/15/2022 at 11:05 AM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

His parents named him "Burn"?

Just checked and apparently yes. Burn Hugh Winchester Gorman. That’s not surprising though. It’s the fact he was born in LA so American by birth that surprised me. Somehow I always assumed he was a born and bread Englishman!  Lol

4 hours ago, TormundsWoman said:

Just checked and apparently yes. Burn Hugh Winchester Gorman. That’s not surprising though. It’s the fact he was born in LA so American by birth that surprised me. Somehow I always assumed he was a born and bread Englishman!  Lol

Maybe his folks were massive Deep Purple fans, dude. 

I just checked and holy shit he was born the same year; eight months after the release of that album.

I liked the finale, but once again I have to question why we got all that time with the Kwan storyline when the last two episodes basically forgot about her. I suppose there is a setup there for next season, but a lot could have been skipped over.

Overall the show was ok, its strong parts being the visuals and stunt work. 

On 5/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, Corvinus85 said:

I liked the finale, but once again I have to question why we got all that time with the Kwan storyline when the last two episodes basically forgot about her. I suppose there is a setup there for next season, but a lot could have been skipped over.

Same. Liked the finale a lot, and I just don’t get why they needed the Kwan storyline in this season though. Normally you’d build it up toward the end so it won’t feel lost by the time second season comes around and people ask themselves “Kwan who?!”

I had the same reaction for The Expanse and the planet the Martians colonized that we were introduced to, for apparently no reason or no conclusion. I really think they hoped for a sequel contract (?) no idea. But it makes 0 sense otherwise.

In Halo it is a lead towards next season storylines. Hopefully.

Spoiler

I think all Spartans should just do away with those implants. Kai is a goddess and I laughed so hard with the back and forth between Vannek, Riz and her on the ship towards the Covenant planet. Well she WAS going to kill them too, but Kai would have felt super bad! Spartans forever :D

Edited by TormundsWoman

Loved it. Excellent finale. John's journey...

Spoiler

...to becoming the stoic, faceless, badass in an interesting one. I'd imagine what little personality he has in season 2 would be the actual John-117 persona coming through.

I have to admit, the whole "gravitational lensing obscuring the features of a star system" thing gave me a teensy astronomy nerd chub.

Kai survived! Yay!! They were so mean to her. 

I really hope this series doesn't die because uptight gaming nerds get offended that an adapted work decides to, you know, "be creative" and invent its own lore. You'd have better luck adapting the Bible the way some of these people react.  

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

Just started episode 3 and I'm enjoying it so far. I laughed pretty hard when Master Chief landed to help the insurrectionists at the start and Kwans father inexplicably pointed his gun at him instead of the elite he'd been fighting.

And now in the third episode "covenant attack! but hold on let me finish tasering this little girl. priorities."

Finished the season, I liked it! I wonder if they'll move on to the plot of the games next season? Though:

Spoiler

I don't see that the Covenant has any real reason to attack Reach now? Unless the idea is that they didn't record the locations of all the halos when Makee touched it the last time. Which the more I think about it must be the case because if they knew where they all were it'd basically be over?

Oh wait they'd need a human, and I guess a special "blessed" human which probably means John. I don't really like that change from "all humans are 'forerunner relics'" to just a rare few are. Now John isn't just the luckiest guy there is but also somehow even more special.

I didn't like how the artifact works. It's a map. So why does it also power ships, knock people back, unlock repressed memories, grant visions and do whatever else the plot requires at that moment? Dumb.

Also didn't like the sand-wtiches. Kwan's families purpose is to guard that well with the monitor in it. The witches purpose is...to tell them that?

But as I said I really liked it overall. It looks great. When he was getting his ass kicked towards the end I half expected "Game Over" would pop up and the show would have to retry from the last checkpoint.

41 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I didn't like how the artifact works. It's a map. So why does it also power ships, knock people back, unlock repressed memories, grant visions and do whatever else the plot requires at that moment? Dumb.

Because THUH POWAH!!!

Yeah it's... It's the powah. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

• 10 months later...

So Makee's declawing was like some powerful shit. 

The rest of it, well... it couldda been done better.

Like, Master Chief is hilarious. Who is this guy you're putting on my TV? Go get a YouTuber who understands the value of brevity. A fucking GIRL could play Master Chief, if she's got a halfway decent batman voice. And get some stuntman in the suit. My god!

I mean have you people even played Halo????

• 8 months later...
On 1/13/2024 at 9:54 PM, Teng Ai Hui said:

Recently, a trailer was released for season 2, which will start on Feb 8th.

I’m excited :D

Curious who Joseph Morgan will be playing. Very talented and underrated actor. He has a wide range of artistic skills but I’m guessing he’ll be an antagonist or villain.