NBA next- The Lebron-less playoffs?

DireWolfSpirit

9 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

:lol:

My memory might be faulty, but last year it was all about how the Blazers including McCollum failed Lillard and he deserved better than them and should demand a trade.

Yeah, the Blazers had to do something. I can't recall CJ ever having a star-defining moment in any of their playoff runs, so it seemed obvious that he would need to be part of a trade package in order for the Blazers to advance any farther in the playoffs. I just have never harbored any dislike for him and glad that his career didn't implode. At the same time, I also wish success for Lillard for the remainder of his career as well and I don't see a conflict between both of those views. 

Anybody want to go on a limb this early for the finals? 

Bucks v Warriors.  2 teams with the best big 3 assuming everyone is fit and healthy. 

If not them I hope Boston win it, their 2 best players were drafted, not recruited, and that should count for something. 

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah, the Blazers had to do something. I can't recall CJ ever having a star-defining moment in any of their playoff runs, so it seemed obvious that he would need to be part of a trade package in order for the Blazers to advance any farther in the playoffs. I just have never harbored any dislike for him and glad that his career didn't implode. At the same time, I also wish success for Lillard for the remainder of his career as well and I don't see a conflict between both of those views. 

CJ comes across really well in every interview I've heard him give. He's funny, honest and unlike a lot of guys he'll answer any question, even when he was asked about having to take a shit on a team flight.

On the Blazers and Lillard, they may have fucked up by not trading him last year. They clearly need to tear it down and rebuild. Dame is getting too old for that and you can't build a team around him anymore at this point. Last year he probably would have gotten the Blazers 6-7 years of first round draft control from another team. I'm not sure what he'd get now considering the dip in performance and long injury absence this season.

18 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Anybody want to go on a limb this early for the finals? 

Bucks v Warriors.  2 teams with the best big 3 assuming everyone is fit and healthy. 

If not them I hope Boston win it, their 2 best players were drafted, not recruited, and that should count for something. 

Suns over Bucks, righting the collapse last year assuming there are no injuries. I wouldn't bet on the Warriors. Steph is not 100% and Draymond's back is still an issue. The Warriors should be really good next year though if they stay healthy and Kuminga takes a leap. Imagine what this team could be if they had drafted Ball....

Also, Luka is out for game 1. If he's misses the second game my guess is he doesn't play again this year and the Mavs get swept.

I both feel bad for Cleveland and also think that was the best outcome. The Cavs had no business being in the play-in if Allen didn't miss so much time, but since they weren't going to have a deep run might as well get back into the lottery. 

My predictions:

Suns in 5, they will lollygag game 1 and barely lose then win the rest by 30.

Memphis in 6.  I might be giving Minny too much credit but I love Ant.  Kat is just soft though.

GS in 5.  I just don't think Jokic can beat GS by himself.

Utah in a sweep.

Boston beats the Nets in 5.  Nets don't have any D.

Milwaukee sweeps the Bulls

Raps beat Philly in 6 after they take either 1 or 2 and Philly cant beat them without Thybulle in the 6.

Upset special I think the Hawks are going to beat Miami in 6.  

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I both feel bad for Cleveland and also think that was the best outcome. The Cavs had no business being in the play-in if Allen didn't miss so much time, but since they weren't going to have a deep run might as well get back into the lottery. 

Yeah, the injuries just piled up for Cleveland this year.  

Sucks to miss the playoffs, but nice to keep our draft pick.

Now the best time of the sports calendar begins.

Suns sweep. Won't be their only sweep if they stay healthy.

Grizz in 6. Should be a fun up and down series, but we all know who the better team is. MAKE YOUR STAR TURN ANT!!!

Warriors in 6, assuming Curry can play. If not, I have no idea what will happen.

Jazz in 4 if Luka is out, Mavs in 6 if he can play the rest of the series starting in game 2.

Heat in 5. Fuck off @Slurktan :P

Nets in 6. I hate making this pick and would have backed the Celtics if Williams didn't get hurt. 

Bucks sweep. 

Sixers in 7. A lot of people are picking the Raptors, and I can see why, but I think this is a long series and the star disparity will be too much in the end.

I think the homecourt team is gonna win every series.  Raptors and nets will go 7, the other six matchups won't be too close.

EDIT:  I realized that the Mavs have homecourt over the Jazz, although Utah is favored because of Doncic being hurt.  I thought that the Jazz had homecourt when I made this prediction.  I think Utah will win. 

KAT stepping up was a colossally important game for him. After he shit the bed and then got a supportive kiss from his girl, he was just getting shredded all over sports forums. Glad he put up a good game. Ant. What can I say. You rarely see a high ceiling prospect actually hitting that ceiling. He looks fearless. 

12 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Kyrie is feeding off the crowd's hatred for him. That's how he's keeping the Nets in it. 

Just got back from Easter lunch. Wild game down the stretch. Too bad the next two games are going to be meh.

Also, looks like Luka is going to miss game 2. 

What a wild ending. Kyrie was so clutch -- singlehandedly keeping the Nets in the game in the 4th. Would have been a shame if the Celtics lost that one with the way they were playing Durant defensively. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

Archived