NBA next- The Lebron-less playoffs?

DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I am disappointed that we're not going to get Nets/Sixers, though.  That would have been a fun series with the various subplots. 

Yeah, I was sort of rooting for the Nets for this reason at the beginning of the series but the Celtics have been playing some fun and beautiful basketball. I’d much rather watch them in the next round than whatever the Nets might put together with Simmons.

7 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Yeah, not surprising at all. Still disappointing though. 

Have to wonder, what is Simmons' value if the Nets want to trade him? Has it collapsed to Westbrook/Wall levels?

Yes, at this point it would be very low indeed. Sort of like the problem the Pelicans might have with Zion right now, though Zion at least wants to play.

Anyways, interesting to see the Pelicans give the Suns such a very tough time of it. They have had a strong second half of the season but nobody expected this, even without Booker the Suns were expected to swipe them. And they still have Zion on the bench, and he is surely not gonna play. So either they try to get him right over the summer or trade him, cause this is a good team and you cant waste an asset like that.

Also a good fight between the Grizzlies and the Timberwolves.

Whats been the main storyline for me though is to see how incredibly ineffective the Nets have been against the Celtics. Sure, it would help if Ben Simmons played. But it would also help if Durant played halfway like himself, or if Kyrie actually showed up. Boston is the better team and that's showing, but dam they are being so outclassed and I hate to see my favorite player ( Durant) get done like this.

Not so interesting series:

Heat no probs with the Hawks.

Golden State no issues with this 50% Denver team.

Sixers will probably finish the job tonight, shame about Embiid's injured thumb, how will that impact their chances vs Miami?

Steve Nash doesn't seem to be much of an X and O's coach, given what we are seeing so far in the series.  Or else his team is ignoring him, which means he isn't much of a players' coach.

Ime Udoka, however, seems to have his team playing as a team and adjusting to succeed against a variety of opponents.  And the Celtic defense is very good, which I regard as a sign of good coaching.

5 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Terrible reffing now against the Celtics. Tatum gets his 6th and Nets get a 5 point swing off 2 bad foul calls.

Doesn't seem like it will matter in the end. Kyrie coasting for two and a half quarters really hurt the Nets. 

This experiment has been a complete disaster. Hard to think of many examples more embarrassing than this.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Doesn't seem like it will matter in the end. Kyrie coasting for two and a half quarters really hurt the Nets. 

This experiment has been a complete disaster. Hard to think of many examples more embarrassing than this.

I'm very happy the Celtics managed to overcome those shitty calls on Tatum and Horford at the end. That shit was so bad it makes the refs look like they're on the take.

It is so delicious to watch this blow up in Kyrie's smug face. He had the amazing take the other day that they were losing this series because the hadn't "jelled." You galaxy-brained dumbass, maybe you should have played in more than 30 games and not driven away James Harden.

Can't wait to see which of their washed-up friends Kyrie and KD try to recruit for their next super-team.

16 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm very happy the Celtics managed to overcome those shitty calls on Tatum and Horford at the end. That shit was so bad it makes the refs look like they're on the take.

The sixth foul was trash. I know I'm sounding like a broken record on this, but the officiating this postseason has been horrible. There's been no consistency at all. 

It is so delicious to watch this blow up in Kyrie's smug face. He had the amazing take the other day that they were losing this series because the hadn't "jelled." You galaxy-brained dumbass, maybe you should have played in more than 30 games and not driven away James Harden.

It's one of the most staggering, lacking in self-awareness quotes I've ever heard. If I owned the team I'd get rid of him just for that, but I can't see any team taking him and giving anything close to value. It's sad that KD tied his third and probably final act to this lunatic. 

Can't wait to see which of their washed-up friends Kyrie and KD try to recruit for their next super-team.

Idk if they can recruit anyone who isn't washed. Who would want to join this mess? And who would want to coach them? If KD was smart he'd asked to be traded. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's one of the most staggering, lacking in self-awareness quotes I've ever heard. If I owned the team I'd get rid of him just for that, but I can't see any team taking him and giving anything close to value. It's sad that KD tied his third and probably final act to this lunatic. 

One of the talking heads on ESPN this morning pointed out that Durant basically traded Steph Curry away for Kyrie. That really put things into perspective for me.

Please, oh please, let Kyrie's legacy be summed up as "He couldn't win without LeBron."

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

One of the talking heads on ESPN this morning pointed out that Durant basically traded Steph Curry away for Kyrie. That really put things into perspective for me.

Please, oh please, let Kyrie's legacy be summed up as "He couldn't win without LeBron."

But, but, but didn't your hear all those talking heads over the last month say Kyrie is the most skilled guard ever??? How's that take looking now?

:ack:

And it's even worse than that. He traded away Steph, Draymond, Klay and a good supporting cast, a great coach and possibly the best organization in the sport for Kyrie, a depleted roster, no coach and an organization without a foundation. It was a truly puzzling decision if on the court success was his top priority.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean… the obvious example is the Lakers, isn’t it?

And Durant finally puts up some numbers with 39 points but with 3 out of 11 from beyond the arc. His 3 point shooting had been going down for a while, wasnt great in the play-in against the Cavs either or in the games prior to that.

Another quiet game from Kyrie as well, he's been disappointing. I've enjoyed seeing Stephen A tear him and Ben Simmons a new one.

Dallas looks like it will dismantle this Utah team ( another woeful game from Mitchell). Interesting that the Sixers lose to the Raptors again though, Embidd definitely looks bothered. Even if they win this series they have no chance vs the Heat.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I mean… the obvious example is the Lakers, isn’t it?

The Lakers were a failure this season, but the LeBron-AD combo did bring home a title. We're on year 3 of KD-Kyrie and they've won....one playoff series, and are regressing. 

Man, the Nets are fucked. They are paying huge money for two entirely unreliable players. And probably two of the most unlikable guys in the league after this season is said and done. On top of all that they just gave the Celtics a ton of confidence, which does not bode well for those of us who cant stand listening to Celtics fans. 

Also, fuck Kyrie. 

Archived