NBA next- The Lebron-less playoffs?

DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Yeah, its impossible to know. I'm going with either soft, or doesn't actually enjoy basketball, based on my own ideas on how i would act in a similar situation. It is, however, pure (biased) speculation. 

I think it can be a bit of everything. Simmons is soft. I thought that before he vomited all over himself in playoffs. Simmons also doesn’t appear to be in love with the game or be willing to put in the work to get better. That said, he probably suffered some real level of trauma from the fallout of the playoffs, and that could be filed as a legitimate mental health issue. The tricky part is figuring out a reasonable timetable for his return because everyone would experience that differently. I can get not being able to return to Philly to play, but it is confusing why he also isn’t able or willing to play for the Nets. Given that I think there’s a possible chance he never plays again.

The refs playing 8v5...again. Clear and obvious foul on Ja right in front of the ref. No call. Meanwhile the Grizz have been gifted a ton of cheap shit. And again, Ja commits so many offensive fouls. Nothing gets called. 

Great play by Ja, but the score never should have been tied. In the fourth the refs called 11 fouls on the Wolves to 3 on the Grizz, including six straight in the first three minutes. I'm telling you guys, every time the Grizz make a comeback from a large deficit, this shit is going on. They could have easily called a similar number on the Grizz, but we're not suppose to talk about how the league never cleaned up their refs after the TD situation.

38 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It was an awesome dunk, but something is clearly off with him. He has not been good for most of the series. 

Ja completely took over after that boosh/comment. He did look labored a lot though. Knee clearly still bothering him.

2 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Ja completely took over after that boosh/comment. He did look labored a lot though. Knee clearly still bothering him.

Lol, figures I'd jinx us. 

I'm not sure if it's entirely his knee. He's looked explosive, but otherwise hasn't played that well until this last quarter. I wonder if he's just going to struggle in the playoffs until he can develop a consistent outside shot. Teams are going to beat him up over the course of a long series, and I'm skeptical that he can survive four of them.

Holy shit the refereeing in that 4th was egregiously, obviously pro-Memphis. They might as well have taken a burner phone out while they were officiating to let Vegas know what they were up to.

If NBA refs are simply that bad at their jobs that quarters like that just randomly occur, shame on them. I honestly don't think any other sport I follow comes close to the number of times that biased or failed officiating affects the outcome of NBA games. I hate it. I'm not some wild conspiracy theorist, but time and time again shit like this happens - like Chris Paul being literally not being able to win a playoff game Scott Foster is refereeing. 

Ja's dunk, though. Yeeeeeesh.

50 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Tywin,

Just wanted to bring to your attention as a " he's not a dirty player"  Morris apologist, that he managed to get a technical yesterday, without even playing....:smoking:

And? Duncan got ejected from the bench. It happens.

The point always was that people are calling this Morris twin dirty when if you Google "Morris twins dirty" what you get is a ton of examples of the other Morris twin wilding out. It's lazy to call Markieff dirty because his brother is an asshole. 

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And? Duncan got ejected from the bench. It happens.

The point always was that people are calling this Morris twin dirty when if you Google "Morris twins dirty" what you get is a ton of examples of the other Morris twin wilding out. It's lazy to call Markieff dirty because his brother is an asshole. 

They're both assholes dude and that's super obvious. Look at Miami Morris' behavior that led to even Jokic ( not known as a diry player at all) to understandably retaliate.

And yesterday he picked up a technical for unsportsmanlike behavior while sitting on the bench all game, just says it all.

5 hours ago, Proudfeet said:

Pity about Denver. It was quite competitive outside of the first two games.

They just never had a chance with this team. Jokic did what he could but Murray not feeling ready to play and Porter out...its a wasted season in the end. A lot of miles put on Jokic that might lead to an MVP but other than that....

53 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

They're both assholes dude and that's super obvious. Look at Miami Morris' behavior that led to even Jokic ( not known as a diry player at all) to understandably retaliate.

And yesterday he picked up a technical for unsportsmanlike behavior while sitting on the bench all game, just says it all.

Lol, clutch your pearls harder. 

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

They just never had a chance with this team. Jokic did what he could but Murray not feeling ready to play and Porter out...its a wasted season in the end. A lot of miles put on Jokic that might lead to an MVP but other than that....

I don't mean that Denver would have won, I just thought it was a shame that they aren't still playing and they could have given a better showing the first two games. 

Hopefully Porter and Murray get over their injuries. Porter's is especially worrying since it's a recurring injury that has allowed him to fall to Denver in the first place. 

Anybody not think GSW are favourites to come out of the west? 

Also, anybody aware of any empiric research about whether winning in 4 is actually beneficial? What you gain in rest you lose in game readiness type thing. 

Archived