NBA next- The Lebron-less playoffs?

DireWolfSpirit

The course adjustment in the direction of real officiating for NBA games over the last year or two has reduced Harden's value since he can no longer manufacture points from the line.  Harden's contributions during his prime were always inflated by the herniated interpretation of the rules for that period of time where throwing yourself into people or grabbing their arm earned players fouls.

I will still fight anyone who says James Harden is a better player than Alex English.

Eh, I think we discussed this before, but just feel the need to mention when Harden's free throws are mentioned, that players like KD are just as guilty of abusing it and also Harden was pretty good with his change of pace and step backs even if he leverages the threat of fouling to makes things easier. Or if its so easy, why aren't there more Hardens? On the other end, Trae Young seems to have coped pretty well after being accused of being good only because of the fouls a couple of weeks into the season.

*Not comparing Harden to English, just in defense of Harden.

Also, I don't want to take the effort to do so, but I hope someone cross references the media hyping the Lakers in preseason and bashing them after their losing streak into the all-star break and see if they are the same people who hype Harden and the Sixers a week into the trade and are bashing him now.

Hey I could be wrong but I'm stuck with this vision of a "charred no man's land" whenever someone mention the Nets/Sixers/Lakers.

They are like defeated corpses, a most uninspiring collection of  walking dead. Which is exactly perfect for these mass market, overpaying franchises if you ask me.:D

RealGM Wiretap

Joel Embiid Critiques James Harden, Wishes Sixers Kept Jimmy Butler

MAY 13, 2022 1:05 PM

12 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Ice cold

Honestly after Giannis, who is also having an incredible game currently at 44/20/6, Tatum is probably the second player I'd take if I'm building a team for the next 3 to 5 years, and the third guy is on the other side dragging a trash Dallas roster to possibly the WCF.

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honestly after Giannis, who is also having an incredible game currently at 44/20/6, Tatum is probably the second player I'd take if I'm building a team for the next 3 to 5 years, and the third guy is on the other side dragging a trash Dallas roster to possibly the WCF.

Can one even imagine a big 3 of Giannis, Tatum and Doncic? Could one imagine a team that could beat them, someone always, eventually, becomes the new king(s) of the mountain?

Serious dynasty potential, they would make even marginal role playing teammates look good.

Thing is Giannis has been very vocal about if you want to play with him, your coming to his team. Feel like Doncic may also have a bit of that in him too, less certain whether Tatum has the territorial competitiveness as the other two.

But at the end of the day, for all three it's that competiveness that makes them tick and stand apart.

Whenever that subject is brought up, I express hope that Doncic gets a legit co-star at some point in his career.

Even though Dallas is on the eve of a critical game with this team, I still feel that eventually, he has to team up with someone to really get it done.

Indeed massive games tomorrow. You would still expect Phoenix to win that game 7 at home, they havent lost at home yet but its all or nothing for Dallas too, who knows. I dont have a dog in this fight but Luka is my favorite player on that court.

Bucks vs Celtics...who can say? Great win by Bostin in Milwaukee, I thought the chances of them winning in Milwaukee were rather slim and they did it. But no guarantees for game 7.

The Celtics have been the best team in the East since like January. I think their major stumble at the beginning had myself and half the media bamboozled that they'd come back to earth. Really looking forward to the ECF. 

And the Suns are folding now shooting 25% so far against the Luka'n'Scrubs! Wild. This season is bananas, b a n a n a s.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, Tywin et al. said:

0% chance that happens. The Celtics were possibly the worst team for the Nets to catch in the first round. They're hot as fuck and counter everything Brooklyn likes to do. The Bucks will be a much harder matchup, even sans Middleton. 

Heat in 4 if Embiid is out.

Celtics in 6.

Mavs upset Phoenix in 6.

Warriors in 6.

Got all four winners right.

This has to be one of the most embarrassing ways a frontrunner has gone out. Stugotz is going to destroy CP3 tomorrow and it will be comedy gold. 

ETA:

Archived