NBA next- The Lebron-less playoffs?

DireWolfSpirit

20 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Yes.  Dallas just has too many holes to keep up with GSW. 

One funny thing is that following Washington sports, I heard a lot about the big trade of Porzingus for Dinwiddie and Bertans.  Dinwiddie has been great for Dallas, and good for him, he never really fit in Washington.  But the fact that Bertans is getting 12-15 minutes a night in the conference finals is a joke.  Bertans is not an NBA level player at any basketball skills except shooting.  He is a bad defender, terrible quickness, no handle, he's just not capable of keeping up with anybody.  All he can do is shoot.  And even that, it's not like he's a great shooter.  Some games he goes 5-7 in just 15 minutes like a perfect bench scorer, and sometimes he's 1 for 7 and a complete joke. 

Basically if a guy like Bertans is getting minutes, it says to me that Dallas is not a good enough team to win a championship (or a conference title).  As a halfhearted Wizards fan, I can tell you everybody was really happy to get him traded. 

I think one thing thats barely being mentioned is that Dallas is missing Tim Hardaway Jr. He's important for them either as a starting wing or as the main guy off the bench and they have a lot of money tied up in his contract so if he's gone, you are missing a notable piece.

The other thing being discussed a lot is the lack of size on Dallas. Which seems so strange for a team that just months ago had 4 centers in Powell, Cauley Stein, Brown and Boban. But none of those guys are good enough and thats quite obvious, they need to upgrade. I dont think any of those guys would start for most NBA teams, let alone a Western Finals team.

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How does it keep leaking from seemingly the exact same spot every time in rains in Dallas?

It's red state Texas, they probably built the place with unlicensed day laborers from area shopping center parking lots.

41 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Still feeling good about my Celtics in 6 pick.  I think the heat are too banged up to hang with Boston.

Yeah, I liked Heat in six at the start when they were mostly healthy, but it feels like they're drawing dead at this point. They only have three guys you can trust to either get their own shot or create one for someone else and they're all hurt, hence why their offense looks extra putrid against the Celtics' elite D. 

ETA: And then just like that, Tatum is favoring his injured shoulder a lot just a few minutes in. Lucky for them Miami can't shoot.

26 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

All nba first team really shows the value of drafting well later in the draft and finding hidden value. 13,15 and 2nd rounder. 

Sounds backwards.

Its not like they come ready made and predetermined from when they were drafted. If they were so fantastic, they'd have went first. They were missed for a variety of reasons and sometimes picks work/don't work because of the team. Not to mention that first rounders are all first picks for their team except those that were traded.

Going by your logic, you'd think that teams without MVP candidates pack up and call it a day after they missed out on the lottery.

Luka has a case that the calls have been uneven, but the Mavs are done. If the Warriors can finish this game off without sustaining a key injury I have to think they're the Finals favorite given how beaten up Boston and Miami are. 

This has to be the least compelling NBA playoffs I can remember. I honestly thought it would be an epic post season. But injuries and absurd swings in 3pt shots game to game have resulted in a statistically improbable amount of weak ass blowouts. It just sucks. 

17 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

This has to be the least compelling NBA playoffs I can remember. I honestly thought it would be an epic post season. But injuries and absurd swings in 3pt shots game to game have resulted in a statistically improbable amount of weak ass blowouts. It just sucks. 

For a bit of fun:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/nba-insider-tom-haberstroh/2020-nba-champion-will-join-long-list-titles-asterisks

5 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

It's been far from epic yeah.

The Heat vs Celtics series is unwatchable.

Heat vs Sixers was also unwatchable. GS just has too much for this Dallas team without Hardaway jr or a proper big.

Golden State vs Boston might be a nice finals though.

7 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Surely its better than last season? 

Its been bad since the pandemic I feel. Or maybe we can count from since KD and Klay got injured. Don't know about the excitement of the games, but from an injuries standpoint, its been a rough few years.

53 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I will have to ,see it to believe it, that Boston is too banged up to stop the Warriors.

I am still expecting a back and forth, tightly contested Finals.

Boston is pretty banged up man, meanwhile GS is relatively healthy. I'd lean towards Boston if they were at full strength, but as is I'd favor the Warriors.

And that said, the Heat aren't dead yet.

There are some wild playoff stats floating around about the Warriors, like how they've won a road game in 26 straight series or how they've only have five home losses in the Western conferences, but this takes the cake:

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And that said, the Heat aren't dead yet.

When Stephen A Smith contemptuously said he'd cancelled his Sunday hotel reservation in Miami, I knew the Celtics were in trouble...

Archived