Star Trek: Strange New Gorns

SpaceChampion

I have some related questions regarding the Romulans for those who know the lore better.

How did the treaty establishing the neutral zone get signed if the Romulans still remained mysterious to everyone? Said treaty ended the Earth-Romulan War. (that would have been shown in Star Trek: Enterprise before cancellation) How does the Federation factor into it? Was there a neutral zone just between the space colonized by Earth and the Romulan Empire which then morphed in a larger neutral zone between the Federation and the Romulans?

46 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I have some related questions regarding the Romulans for those who know the lore better.

How did the treaty establishing the neutral zone get signed if the Romulans still remained mysterious to everyone? Said treaty ended the Earth-Romulan War. (that would have been shown in Star Trek: Enterprise before cancellation) How does the Federation factor into it? Was there a neutral zone just between the space colonized by Earth and the Romulan Empire which then morphed in a larger neutral zone between the Federation and the Romulans?

Enterprise was leaning heavily into the idea that the Earth/Romulan War was the catalyst that allowed for the official formation of the Federation. 

The was had been ended over audio. (According to the sources I believe...)

I'd gather that the establishment of the Neutral Zone was absorbed into the Federation. 

21 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

:huh:

What? I can't remember the exact name of the old source book I have and I'm feeling too lazy to go look it up...Timeline of Star Trek, or something like that...

10 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Misegination! 

This is just a few years ago. Some Americans are fucking weird.

So, you are arguing that Kirk being known for having sex with green alien women makes perfect sense even though he never had sex with green alien women on the show, because he would've totally done that if people in the 1960s hadn't been racist against..green people? :blink:

8 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So for the only time ever in Star Trek that I can think of, two enemies singed a peace treaty without meeting. mkay

Yeah this has always been really dumb. How do you fight a war and never once see the enemy? There were no ground battles? No prisoners? No dead bodies found after a ship was destroyed?

Maybe every time a romulan ship was capture the crew was like "Oh thank god you came! Those romulan's uuh, just left. We're vulcan prisoners they were torturing."

Archived