Viserys's Gift

Lyanna<3Rhaegar

5 hours ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Some would, certainly, but many? Idk about that

Me neither, but Viserys thought so

They didn't seem to mind Robert

Not Balon. I wonder about the timing of the Greyjoy rebellion in relation with this quote,

Her brother Viserys had once feasted the captains of the Golden Company, in hopes they might take up his cause. They ate his food and heard his pleas and laughed at him. Dany had only been a little girl, but she remembered.

If Viserys convinced the GC to land during Balons uprising then the whole dynamics of Westeros would have dramatically changed, but Viserys didn't know that the GC are only in it for Blackfyre. Or if he did know he chose to not. 

plus how do you keep the Dothraki from decemating everything in their path? They would be unfamiliar with allowing people to join their cause when they have surrendered, right? 

Ooh, yea. I'm at a cross between the Dothraki being based off mongols or comanche but both were very unfamiliar with not decemating everything in their path. I think it's just the classic Viserys, chose to not know what he knew. Step 1. Fuck the usurper. And that's all he's got so far

Dany should have been in this exact same predicament, but she's not. Because the Dothraki of Viserys times aren't the Dothraki of Dany times, because of Dany.

The Dothraki Mongols and Comanche didn't just decimate, they enslaved. Like, by the millions. Forget the horse and their silly bow and arrows, slavery was their lifeline. But like America ending slavery thusly being (one of) the reason the Comanche way of life ended, Slavers Bay ain't a thing. These 1,000- 10,000 Dothraki screamers (give a quote or two) are out of work. Their forefathers life is over, so perhaps Dany can show them a new life? Without enslavement and decimation lol

9 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Me neither, but Viserys thought so

Yeah he did. He also thought he was the dragon. 

If Viserys convinced the GC to land during Balons uprising then the whole dynamics of Westeros would have dramatically changed, but Viserys didn't know that the GC are only in it for Blackfyre. Or if he did know he chose to not. 

Indeed. Could have made things very different. 

Ooh, yea. I'm at a cross between the Dothraki being based off mongols or comanche but both were very unfamiliar with not decemating everything in their path. I think it's just the classic Viserys, chose to not know what he knew. Step 1. Fuck the usurper. And that's all he's got so far

haha!! Yes!

Dany should have been in this exact same predicament, but she's not. Because the Dothraki of Viserys times aren't the Dothraki of Dany times, because of Dany.

Exactly, her followers are much more pliable. They are willing to accept the change of things rather than stick to the old way. 

The Dothraki Mongols and Comanche didn't just decimate, they enslaved. Like, by the millions. Forget the horse and their silly bow and arrows, slavery was their lifeline. But like America ending slavery thusly being (one of) the reason the Comanche way of life ended, Slavers Bay ain't a thing. These 1,000- 10,000 Dothraki screamers (give a quote or two) are out of work. Their forefathers life is over, so perhaps Dany can show them a new life? Without enslavement and decimation lol

I think so. She shows up with dragons & they are like to believe Drogo is the stallion to mount the world. I think they will follow her anywhere after that. 

22 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Yeah he did. He also thought he was the dragon. 

Lol maybe. I don't think he ever thought he was though like his dad did, or sister or Egg.

But it's also just Westeros being a funny bunch

"And you had best be careful what you say of my family, magister. Kinslayer or no, I am a lion still."

That seemed to amuse the lord of cheese no end. He slapped a meaty thigh and said, "You Westerosi are all the same. You sew some beast upon a scrap of silk, and suddenly you are all lions or dragons or eagles. I can take you to a real lion, my little friend. The prince keeps a pride in his menagerie. Would you like to share a cage with them?"

The lords of the Seven Kingdoms did make rather much of their sigils, Tyrion had to admit. "Very well," he conceded. "A Lannister is not a lion.

23 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Indeed. Could have made things very different. 

Imo, if the dates match, it makes Balon and Viserys look alot more shrewd. And the GC alot more Blackfyre 

24 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Exactly, her followers are much more pliable. They are willing to accept the change of things rather than stick to the old way. 

They have no choice, the old way is over. Without a slaversbay to sell their people, the Dothraki must find a new profession

28 minutes ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

I think so. She shows up with dragons & they are like to believe Drogo is the stallion to mount the world. I think they will follow her anywhere after that.

Drogon is the stallion not Dany? I guess that kinda makes more sense, but I still think it's Dany.

When Khals die they burn their horse with em, would they burn Drogon? Can Drogon burn?

There's khal Pono and some other asshole Dothraki still riding around so I do think we'll first see a little civil war in the sea before Dany becomes defacto chief 

1 hour ago, Hugorfonics said:

Lol maybe. I don't think he ever thought he was though like his dad did, or sister or Egg.

But it's also just Westeros being a funny bunch

ha, yeah fair enough. 

Drogon is the stallion not Dany? I guess that kinda makes more sense, but I still think it's Dany.

Yeah, maybe it's Dany. I was just thinking if I were Dothraki & the Dosh Khaleen prophesized that Daenerys would mother the stallion who mounts the world & then the baby she was carrying died but she became the mother of dragons I would probably think the dragon was the stallion who will mount the world. 

When Khals die they burn their horse with em, would they burn Drogon? Can Drogon burn?

I doubt it. Maybe wildfire can burn dragons? Probably not. 

There's khal Pono and some other asshole Dothraki still riding around so I do think we'll first see a little civil war in the sea before Dany becomes defacto chief 

Oh yeah, she will have to do some conquering or some burning probably before she leads them all. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

Yeah, maybe it's Dany. I was just thinking if I were Dothraki & the Dosh Khaleen prophesized that Daenerys would mother the stallion who mounts the world & then the baby she was carrying died but she became the mother of dragons I would probably think the dragon was the stallion who will mount the world. 

Yeah totally

I doubt it. Maybe wildfire can burn dragons? Probably not.

Ooh, nice. I think it probably would.

Oh yeah, she will have to do some conquering or some burning probably before she leads them all. 

Word. Hopefully she burns Dosh Khaleen, I never liked that place

17 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

In addition, it’s basically the British Museum. 

Lol sticky ass fingers. 

I mean, burning history bad, but, it's already dead history. All these monuments went out like the Harpy is now. There was the Dragon and then after the doom all these small gods rose and fell but the Dragons back and she's coming with the Freehold. Time to get back on track.

Idk, I just don't like that place lol

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2022 at 5:37 AM, Lyanna&lt;3Rhaegar said:

My questions to you are:

1. Did Drogo promise anything? If so what? 

2. Did Drogo even know Viserys expected an army or a crown? 

3. What was in this for Illyrio? 

1. I think that if Drogo made any promises, they were to Illyrio. In fact, Illyrio expected Viserys to stay in Pentos... where he was probably going to kill him.

2. I don't think Drogo knew that Viserys expected Drogo and his entire horde to win the seven kingdoms for him just for Daenerys's hand. 

3. I think the deal was between Illyrio and Drogo only. Dany mentions that Illyrio collected a fortune in slaves and horse for his part in selling her to Drogo. I think that Drogo already "paid" for Daenerys. Then, Illyrio gives Daenerys and DROGO three priceless dragon eggs.... which are often referred to as being valuable enough for an army...

I think that Illyrio was expecting Khal Drogo to gift him with the might of his horde... and it makes sense, because he's backing fAegon. 

Archived