Jump to content

U.S. Politics: Contempt and the Courts


Zorral
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hyped by whom? First time I have heard about it. Seriously, who was hyping a CNN streaming service? DMC? I bet it was you.

Idk what their presence in Germany is like, but here they were doing a massive ad push for the last month or so. And every time I heard one I had to ask myself why anyone would want this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a good thread about the impacts of Disney losing it's special status. 

Basically Disney has to deal with a lot more red tape to do things.  And now Orange and Osceola Counties are on the hook for a $1 billion dollar loan and an additional $163 million a year in property taxes.  Those counties will have to raise property taxes ~ 25% to cover this. 

Sounds like a perfect lose-lose situation.  Great job Desantis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Week said:

McKinsey.

CNN listening to McKinsey was always going to end in tears.

Across the decades of my career, the only times that McKinsey Consulting's ideas or concepts were of any value was when they presented them in such an insulting and condescending manner that the SLT or Board rejected them and chose some different strategy.

Otherwise, I can think of several superior uses of the company's cash than give any of it to McKinsey.  Don't know what to do?  Survey the senior leadership teams' secretaries, pay them some spending money, and use their input to drive strategy - it will at least have the virtue of being relevant and unlikely to throw thousands out of work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Here's a good thread about the impacts of Disney losing it's special status. 

Basically Disney has to deal with a lot more red tape to do things.  And now Orange and Osceola Counties are on the hook for a $1 billion dollar loan and an additional $163 million a year in property taxes.  Those counties will have to raise property taxes ~ 25% to cover this. 

Sounds like a perfect lose-lose situation.  Great job Desantis.

I can never understand why the Republicans would want a Florida Man as a presidential candidate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

I can never understand why the Republicans would want a Florida Man as a presidential candidate.

Why? Florida Man/Woman is a blueprint for modern Republicans.

30 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

MTG doesn’t remember much… does she?

Isn't thinking a requirement for remembering shit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, still just kinda crawling out from under the twins-rock, and begun paying attention to things like the Depp/Heard trial, and I’m seeing a lot of, don’t know what to call it except anti-MeToo types rabidly invested in Depp’s side in this. Has it always been a fault line? From what I know of Depp, he would be horrified by some of his ‘supporters’. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, she had her “ game” face( which looks very contrived), but then, when she isn’t directly performing, she looks like she just pooped on the floor. I believe that she looked most nauseous when they talked about her violating her oath of office. The judge looked irritated…I loved his pen flicking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

From what I know of Depp, he would be horrified by some of his ‘supporters’.

I'd like to think so. But since he is fighting for whatever is left/could be salavaged of his career, I frankly doubt he pays too much attention who is supporting him and what they have to say at this point. He is effectively blacklisted right now.

His public image was sorta the point why a few people, who are usually not anti-metoo really wanted to believe him. If it had been James Woods (or some other asshole), that faced the same allegations, nobody would have raised an eyebrow. But with Depp that harlot was to blame, seemed somewhat easier to buy into. Again, that's what quite a few people want(ed) to believe. So Depp is sorta the perfect vehicle for the anti-metoo crowd. Whether he wants it, or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Did everyone enjoy the speech from Independence Day being played?  That may not have been the best line of questioning.

I can't think of anything but the Station Eleven TV show now when I hear anything about independence day, and then the fact that the actor that does the speech is the dude who plays Duarte in the Expanse just cracks me up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I can't think of anything but the Station Eleven TV show now when I hear anything about independence day, and then the fact that the actor that does the speech is the dude who plays Duarte in the Expanse just cracks me up.  

I don’t recall that part of Station Eleven.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don’t recall that part of Station Eleven.

I tried to find a clean clip of it for you, but all I could find is I'm guessing something @Ran wouldn't want linked given it's a pirated video uploaded to YT. It starts just before the six minute mark in episode two. 

It's amazing. 

Edited by Tywin et al.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I tried to find a clean clip of it for you, but all I could find is I'm guessing something @Ran wouldn't want linked given it's a pirated video uploaded to YT. It starts just before the six minute mark in episode two. 

It's amazing. 

Muchos gracias.  Yeah… I’d completely forgotten about that.  Pretty awesome.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...