Football: Roll of the Dyche

Iskaral Pust

8 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I've got Liverpool. Best season for years!

Yeah, I fucking hate liverpool though.

8 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

well, it helps that footy (the whole sport, not just individual clubs) is something I watch for fun, rather than for any of the reasons why people end up with an intense emotional investment in a singular club's fortunes.

That's probably the mature way to do it. Personally, I find it difficult to consistently follow leagues/ sports where I'm not that invested in the outcome - one of the few reasons I don't watch that much basketball, golf etc, not having that connection means I'm only half interested.

Though I do watch the other football leagues for fun, like la liga, the french league etc but again it's hard to watch them consistently when my feelings are fairly muted, compared to me throwing a pillow and scaring my dog when Lacazette decides not to shoot and pass it AGAIN ( This is a very natural & adult reaction, thanks)

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Is that the norm when something like this happens

Not nowadays I would hope but back in the day there were chants making fun of the Munich air disaster.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

By making a horrific chant about it. 

From what I heard, there will be a fan led applause at 7 minute mark of the match. So I'd say that horrific chant should not happen.

Considering the shit that Liverpool fans take at almost every ground — especially United’s favorite songs about Hillsborough and all of the lovely chants about unemployment, poverty, food banks, etc — I think the Liverpool fans do a decent job of taking the high road.  For example, I remember Stilian Petrov being absolutely stunned by a huge standing ovation at Anfield when he came on as a sub at Anfield (for Villa?) in his first appearance after beating testicular cancer, and Rashford got huge personal applause for his charity work.

The one exception though is that they do live to sing “Merry Christmas, Everton” every time we beat them between 9/30 and 12/31.  I don’t see that going away.

Archived