Ukraine 13: Pavlov's Bellum

Lykos

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I don’t think Chomsky has anything useful to say outside his field, linguistics.

With all the new research coming out, I don't think he has much to say in his field anymore either.

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Going full “Mad Max”… you never go full “Mad Max”.

I feel bad for Vladimir. We all need at least one friend in our lives who can look us in the eye and say "good God, we're stealing blood now!"

V-lad doesn't have that friend. And that's its own tragedy 

2 hours ago, Clueless Northman said:

Looks like that guy didn't get that his president is Vlad Putin, not Vlad Tepes .

Nice… but it remains to be seen if the Russian dictator will continue to pattern after the [s]Translyvanian[/s] Wallachian Vlad.

Eta: Thank you Corvinus.

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

Well, Putin is kind of looking like this these days.

seen a lot of speculation he has Parkinson's.

Given the way that his invasion has gone tits up, when he was expecting a walkover, he must be under huge pressure.

6 hours ago, Clueless Northman said:

Looks like that guy didn't get that his president is Vlad Putin, not Vlad Tepes .

The good Vlad at least had the excuse of being in a devastating defensive war and his victims being the aggressors.

An interesting speculation about yesterday's fires in Russia: that chemical plant is a place where you'd manufacture chemical weapons, and that institute is a place where you'd design warheads to carry them. It's worth remembering that Russia doesn't actually have sizeable quantities of them, since they publicly destroyed their stock and production facilities in 2017.

The conclusion is that someone wants to prevent Putin from using chemical weapons. That someone could be a rogue faction of Russian FSB, Ukrainian intelligence, or Western intelligence services.

Or maybe these are just two accidental unconnected fires, and I've been going down some weird Twitter rabbit holes.

5 minutes ago, Loge said:

Wasn't there this morning again a Russian site 'accidentally' publishing the real losses, this time with more than 20.500 dead or missing, among them it said about the Moskva 116 dead and more than 100 more "missing":

Meanwhile I erased that forum where I kept getting into arguments with 'pacifists' and Chinese agents from my bookmarks because it keeps wasting my time. When I write elaborate posts about the political and geostrategic situation we are facing and how I weigh my position and then get shouted down with "I STILL WAIT FOR ACTUAL ARGUMENTS! NO TO WEAPONS! YES TO NEGOTIATIONS!" for the xth time, then it's entirely pointless trying to reason with these same three users who drone on and on and on about how Putin will definitely win and we just make the Ukrainians suffer by delaying the inevitable.

Archived