Winds of June- Not a Blog Post

TyrionsFlagon

THE WINDS OF JUNE

"The Dark Winds will start blowing in June. June 12, to be precise."  Not a Blog- Winds of June

Surely this means George has finished the book and Winds of Winter will release this June.

"Sike!" said GRRM when asked about his Babylon-Bee-esque post.

Is he trying to trick his fans? Is this a joke to him? How can he post this without thinking he's going to get everyone excited, just to break their hearts in the next sentence.  I've defending George for so long, especially when people say he's not going to finish the book, or he's just trying to get as much money from HBO as possible and then he'll release the books.  People laugh at me, and I still defend him. It's tough to stand tall when he punks me like this.

This is how the post appears on social media. If you decided that the photo with an indigenous sheriff and the AMC logo means The Winds of Winter, I don't know what to tell you:

1 hour ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Didn't GRRM use a picture of King Kong when he finished Dance?

King Kong dead to be precise. That totally goes with A Dance With Dragons though, lol

I think it's funny. If it wasn't for that twisted sense of humor the books would not be as good, imo. But part of me thinks he wouldn't be trolling that hard unless he was close to delivering. You know, the optimistic part George loves to snatch from deep within you and crush before your eyes.

28 minutes ago, three-eyed monkey said:

I think it's funny. If it wasn't for that twisted sense of humor the books would not be as good, imo. But part of me thinks he wouldn't be trolling that hard unless he was close to delivering. You know, the optimistic part George loves to snatch from deep within you and crush before your eyes.

I love this viewpoint :) 

2 hours ago, three-eyed monkey said:

Well he used to answer "keep reading", but I don't think he's used that one in a while.

Kind of hard to keep reading these days, when no books are coming out.................that aren't reprints of stuff already published years ago, but this time with pictures, lol

Oh man I saw this thread and stood excitedly erect from my seat! 
:que slide whistle effect:   
…and softened depressingly back down.

Unreleased book giving me the blues. :) 

This is how you make me feel GRRM! 
You to OP!..Bah! 
I completely sympathize with ya. I felt your pain when I read your title and I too count myself as one of GRRM’s banner men. I shall defend him eternally and come to any cause he calls for. 

We shall persevere through this winter, untill the wind blows my friend!

6 hours ago, sifth said:

Kind of hard to keep reading these days, when no books are coming out.................that aren't reprints of stuff already published years ago, but this time with pictures, lol

keep... looking

Archived