Winds of June- Not a Blog Post

TyrionsFlagon

On 4/20/2022 at 3:47 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I used to joke that George hates us. . . but now I’m starting to wonder if he really does hate his fans.

Dunno about hates, but certainly seems to find his fan base super annoying/tiring when they do things like mention promises he keeps breaking and wondering why a book that was ‘roughly/almost half written’ when he published Dance seems to be still hovering somewhere around that same mark almost 12 years later.

37 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I do have some sympathy for people who pursue and the achieve fame and wealth, but I gotta be honest, it’s pretty limited. 

I sympathize with him having so much pressure to deal with, but when it comes to fans, the only ones I dislike are those who (presumably) harass GRRM by sending him angry letters. He’s said that he doesn’t read forums, and as far as I know he doesn’t manage his own social media, so I see no problem with fans discussing their disappointment with each other. 

6 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Dunno about hates, but certainly seems to find his fan base super annoying/tiring when they do things like mention promises he keeps breaking and wondering why a book that was ‘roughly/almost half written’ when he published Dance seems to be still hovering somewhere around that same mark almost 12 years later.

I agree with this. Frustration stems from the expectations. All these promises that he's making great progress, he's going to focus on Winds and so on just feels like he's stringing us along. Then his passive aggressive annoyance with his own fans just adds insult to injury. If he just flat out said, hey I'm focusing on my other novels and HBO shows, sorry guys, sure I'd be disappointed. But not actively frustrated.

7 hours ago, James Arryn said:

A book that he thought he was just a few months away from finishing in 2015. I still don't understand what happened there.

49 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

This site is surprisingly hopeful. It looks like the majority still think TWOW will come out eventually. 

it's a site dedicated to discussions about a series that's last book came out 11 yrs ago and yet it still has thousands of active members . is that really surprising to find the majority hopeful ?!!!

1 hour ago, butterweedstrover said:

This site is surprisingly hopeful. It looks like the majority still think TWOW will come out eventually. 

Here’s the thing: George has said before that he doesn’t mind if his family publishes his notes/scrapped chapters after he’s gone. . . which basically means that we’re going to get a version of TWOW eventually. Even when I’m feeling sour, like I am today, I still hope that George has many years ahead of him (luckily he’s rich, which always helps), so hopefully he’ll publish more DnE and FnB in the meantime. Maybe George really will finish Winds, especially if he’s feeling motivated by working on the shows, and that would be most preferable. But either way, I definitely think we’re going to get more of the main series to read eventually. It just might not be for another twenty years.

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Here’s the thing: George has said before that he doesn’t mind if his family publishes his notes/scrapped chapters after he’s gone. . . which basically means that we’re going to get a version of TWOW eventually. Even when I’m feeling sour, like I am today, I still hope that George has many years ahead of him (luckily he’s rich, which always helps), so hopefully he’ll publish more DnE and FnB in the meantime. Maybe George really will finish Winds, especially if he’s feeling motivated by working on the shows, and that would be most preferable. But either way, I definitely think we’re going to get more of the main series to read eventually. It just might not be for another twenty years.

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

it's a site dedicated to discussions about a series that's last book came out 11 yrs ago and yet it still has thousands of active members . is that really surprising to find the majority hopeful ?!!!

Just an observation, the subreddit has resigned to the fact that it will not come. I am sure we will get a cliff notes of what is intended to happen, but if Martin doesn't want his work published then... 

Hilarious if this was the case.

The ultimate unfinished work:

Unknown to the public the work is finished. The story in its entirety has been published. Only the reader must SEE what tales are being told. Peek behind the curtain in all works to find the finality. 
Artist goes to his crypt with a shining smile, “Now stay off my tits you mewling public. The milk is gone and dry!” 

Lol just made myself think of zombie like fans chasing a naked GRRM through the woods. Undead hoard desperately attempting to succor from his tits. GRRM punching out dead dudes and dudettes. 
GRRM: sreaming, “I do not consent!” 
Hoard: speaks in unison, “Then we shall pick through your notes after death.” 
GRRM: “ What the fuck?! You sick man boob sucking, grave robbing, mannerless mass of an undead nerd herd! I do not consent!” 
Hoard: “But we love you~”

Oh, it won’t be finished, in this case, but I think we’ll get to read what he had written by that point.

There is a big internet theory that George finished the books but doesn’t want them released until he’s dead in order to avoid any backlash, but this is clearly untrue for no other reason than that George clearly loves attending conventions and would not want to miss out on discussing the new books haha.

24 minutes ago, butterweedstrover said:

Just an observation, the subreddit has resigned to the fact that it will not come. I am sure we will get a cliff notes of what is intended to happen, but if Martin doesn't want his work published then... 

22 minutes ago, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

Hilarious if this was the case.

The ultimate unfinished work:

Unknown to the public the work is finished. The story in its entirety has been published. Only the reader must SEE what tales are being told. Peek behind the curtain in all works to find the finality. 
Artist goes to his crypt with a shining smile, “Now stay off my tits you mewling public. The milk is gone and dry!” 

7 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Oh, it won’t be finished, in this case, but I think we’ll get to read what he had written by that point.

There is a big internet theory that George finished the books but doesn’t want them released until he’s dead in order to avoid any backlash, but this is clearly untrue for no other reason than that George clearly loves attending conventions and would not want to miss out on discussing the new books haha.

I think the series will be finished ... I bet WoW is for 2023-2024 tops and then Dream will be published by 2037 when George is 88 .

I need to start a thread, Love Letters to Martin. Silly short stories of the fictional phantom of GRRM living in my head. His fingers paddling through the shallow thoughts of my mind may be entertaining for him to read on the pooper. He could then use them to wipe if they be worthy.

Archived