Watch, Watched, Watching: Now includes ads

Ramsay B.

13 hours ago, IlyaP said:

The score for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor was off the charts good:

I remember seeing that movie with some friends after we'd downed about four or five beers to see if being drunk would improve the experience. As such I found myself completely unable to follow what I assume was a pretty threadbare plot.

It is a nice theme though, reminds me of classic old adventure scores like the one for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

15 hours ago, RumHam said:

I feel like this could work for any sitcom or IP with enough characters. It reminds me of The Watchmen, I read that the guy wanted to do it with established super heroes but the rights holders said no so he made up his own versions and went to town.

Oh wait hang on netflix is calling me.

Alan Moore.  DC bought Charlton Comics and he wanted to use those.  DC thought that would essentially torch an expensive purchase and vetoed it.  Instead of the Comedian as it came to be, Moore wanted the murder mystery to be who killed the Peacemaker -- ie. that guy from The Suicide Squad.

16 hours ago, RumHam said:

I don't really think The Village is a horror movie either. It's misdirection. 

I remember seeing that movie in the theater.  The first shot is of a grave with a year on it and I literally said to the girl I was with, "I bet it's not actually that year."  :lol:

Maybe that shitty movie would have been better had I not figured out the twist in the first thirty seconds, but probably not.  At least The Happening was kind enough to be laughably bad, not just regular bad.

You're all watching Scream for the wrong reasons if you're going into it for high quality storytelling. Just sit back and enjoy the overwrought nonsense and have fun.

Scream 3 obviously deserves the top spot for Gale Weather's hair alone and nobody can tell me otherwise

Edit: I just rewatched a few scenes on YouTube to see the fringe again and I'm cackling 

8 hours ago, Darryk said:

I just finished season 3 of Succession and I think it's the most superbly written and acted show on TV at the moment (that I've seen).

Definitely. Better Call Saul is close but idk I find myself getting bored a lot more watching that. 

8 hours ago, briantw said:

I remember seeing that movie in the theater.  The first shot is of a grave with a year on it and I literally said to the girl I was with, "I bet it's not actually that year."  :lol:

Maybe that shitty movie would have been better had I not figured out the twist in the first thirty seconds, but probably not.  At least The Happening was kind enough to be laughably bad, not just regular bad.

I didn't figure out the twist in The Village in the first 30 seconds but I also figured it out early in the movie.  The friends I was watching it with at the time were kinda mad at me:D  I've never seen The Happening - sounds like that may be a small blessing?

Shoresy Episodes 1 & 2. 

Hilarious. I've only ever seen clips of Letterkenny but have yet to watch the show (there's a lot of it). This just started so I thought I'd give it a shot. Excellent. Well made. Interesting music choices.

Matrix: Ressurections. 

It just premiered on Crave here so I thought I'd give it another shot. The movie is pretty good overall and the way they did it is really interesting, but I still think it gets really shaky in the last 20 minutes. Cinematically it could have been better as well. The fight scenes look slow and stiff and some of the shots; particularly some of the slow motion shots, look kind of amateurish. 

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

I've never seen The Happening - sounds like that may be a small blessing?

It's both one of the worst movies I've ever seen and a terrible movie masterpiece.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You're all watching Scream for the wrong reasons if you're going into it for high quality storytelling. Just sit back and enjoy the overwrought nonsense and have fun.

*stomps feet comically*

There's more here! There's texture and substance, godsdammit! I don't want goofiness for goofiness' sake! If I wanted that, I'd watch Wing Commander again! :D

We Are Marshall

Very inspirational story of rebuilding the Marshall football program after they lost the entire team and coach staff in a tragic plane crash in the 1970"s.

Great cast with Mathew McConaughey, David Strathairn and Ian McShane.

I started the latest season of South Park. It's definitely not on top of its game anymore, but I do admire their consistency. Unlike The Simpsons which devolved into a mess, at least this retains a lot of its quality. The second episode about the name of a certain character was really good and I laughed a lot with it. Looking forward to finishing the season, although I worry it will be a tad too short as it's only six episodes.

18 hours ago, Darryk said:

I just finished season 3 of Succession and I think it's the most superbly written and acted show on TV at the moment (that I've seen).

Not a knock against Succession, which I really enjoy, but Ted Lasso is definitely better.

Saw Everything Everywhere All At Once yesterday and I loved it. I thoroughly recommend it, but I have no idea how to describe it. I need to see it again.

I'm seriously considering giving Ted Lasso a second chance.

Oh, and Hacks season 2 has started. I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Meanwhile, OFMD has been at the  top of hbomax's on-demand charts for 5 weeks, besting Moonknight etc, and still no word about a renewal.Boo!

On another note, I think Gentleman Jack has lost some of its magic for me. :-(

I finished Scream (2022) after our conversation here and reading that a surprising number of the cast are coming back for 6.

Spoiler

Never good when they reveal the killer and you're like "wait who is she, again?"

My favorite exchange in the movie was when Sam realized her sister was unguarded at the hospital. she panics and runs to get in her car. Only for Dewey to ask "Where are you going?" Great detective work there, Dewey.

I did like that he acknowledged he'd been stabbed nine times.

It seems the older ones aren't on Paramount+ so I'll have to search around for those.

7 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm seriously considering giving Ted Lasso a second chance.

I think it takes a few episodes to get going, but ultimately it's a really good show.  A little sappy at times, but that's part of what makes it work.  I really enjoy the mix of adult language and jokes coupled with some actual optimism.  There's not much else out there like it.

There's a stretch of episodes in season two that kind of suck, but it rounds back into form down the stretch and ends strong.  Looking forward to season three.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I think it takes a few episodes to get going, but ultimately it's a really good show.  A little sappy at times, but that's part of what makes it work.  I really enjoy the mix of adult language and jokes couples with some actual optimism.  There's not much else out there like it.

There's a stretch of episodes in season two that kind of suck, but it rounds back into form down the stretch and ends strong.  Looking forward to season three.

Yes - I gave up, then ended up skipping a few of the middle episodes of Season 2, and rejoined at 'Headspace' or 'Man City' . It's an odd show. At times, it's so saccharine it's really unbearable, at other times it comes out with a pitch-perfect line or some throwaway insight that's timed just right, and I don't want to miss the latter because of the former. Really enjoyed Beard After Hours (S2, E09). 

On 5/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Scream 3 obviously deserves the top spot for Gale Weather's hair alone and nobody can tell me otherwise

Edit: I just rewatched a few scenes on YouTube to see the fringe again and I'm cackling 

Truth.  Although you have to wonder how such a hair style made it into the movie in the first place.  It's so bad it is actually distracting.  I find myself watching scenes and just wondering, WTF was CC thinking and why did no one put a stop to those bangs.

I think Scream 3 holds up pretty well, the original trilogy holds up well overall.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:38 AM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Shoresy Episodes 1 & 2. 

Hilarious. I've only ever seen clips of Letterkenny but have yet to watch the show (there's a lot of it). This just started so I thought I'd give it a shot. Excellent. Well made. Interesting music choices.

I haven't watched Shoresy yet, but you should go back and watch Letterkenny first. You can tell who plays Shoresy, but they never show his face. You can binge it pretty quick, because there's like six eps a season and I think four holiday specials. I freaking love Squirlly Dan! I've been doing a sort of rewatch of Supernatural (been on in the background working from home) and Daryl was in an episode, and Stewart played an angel in a couple. It was weird!

I started Hacks yesterday. It's ok. Took me a bit to warm up, because I thought it would be more of a comedy than a drama. Liking it though. 

Also started Outer Range. WTF with this show. They could cut out half the story, and I think it would be better. I was just waiting for them to get on with it. 

ps: I love your av! It's one of my favs. I usually stare at it and giggle for a minute!

26 minutes ago, Tyria said:

I haven't watched Shoresy yet, but you should go back and watch Letterkenny first. You can tell who plays Shoresy, but they never show his face. You can binge it pretty quick, because there's like six eps a season and I think four holiday specials. I freaking love Squirlly Dan! I've been doing a sort of rewatch of Supernatural (been on in the background working from home) and Daryl was in an episode, and Stewart played an angel in a couple. It was weird!

I've seen the Shoresy highlight reel on youtube and several clips from Letterkenney. It looks great but I just need to get around to it. I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying you get to see Shoresy's face in this show (you see it in the trailer). Initially I thought showing his face was a mistake, as it demystifies Shoresy, but so far it's working for me. I don't think you need to catch up on Letterkenney to enjoy this. Watch the episodes and you'll see what I mean.  

26 minutes ago, Tyria said:

ps: I love your av! It's one of my favs. I usually stare at it and giggle for a minute!

Google "Dog in hyperspace". There are some pretty good "underwater dogs" as well.

Come to think of it, there are a lot of dog avatars on this board. 

Archived