Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

I went to a black tie event for the first time in a few years yesterday. I couldn’t find the bow tie I used to have so I bought myself a new one. Since I’m a grown man I thought I’ll get myself a real one, it can’t actually be that hard to tie, right?

It turns out, yes, it is bloody hard. It took me about 12 tries to get right.

11 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Since I’m a grown man I thought I’ll get myself a real one, it can’t actually be that hard to tie, right?

It turns out, yes, it is bloody hard. It took me about 12 tries to get right.

Right, or good enough that you weren't ashamed?

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

How does my tiny little 4 year old daughter do such massive shits?

While I obviously can't speak for her the answer is almost inevitably gluten and lactose.

Wooooo! Had an update from my lawyer regarding the PCT international patent application. All searches have come back clean, and the examiner has raised no objections to my application. 

So my IP is now provisionally protected around the world. In two-and-a-half-years time I will need to decide which markets to formalize full protection in.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, here's what my contraption looks like.

It was designed to grow bigger weed harvests, specifically by addressing the supposed incompatibility of SCROG with DWC hydroponics. Since conception, I've had several successful grows, the latest a massive 21oz from a single plant in just over three months from seed to chop.

This is my first food crop. It's a single Supersweet 100 cherry tomato plant that's been growing for 59 days. There are twenty-three, 40-inch vines, each securely attached to the upper screen. As it's been growing, I've been training and pinching off the flowers. The top screen was raised to maximum height last night, and the vines were all topped. I've switched to a high potassium feed and now looking forward to the fruit. Supersweet 100 is an indeterminate tomato strain, so in theory the plant will keep flowering and producing fruit for as long as it has adequate light and nutrition.

In a few weeks time, I will hopefully be posting pictures of these vines literally dripping with tomatoes. 

As I said, I designed this thing to facilitate massive weed harvests. But by incorporating strong, non-stretch netting on the upper screen, I can now use the device to grow all kinds of crops. Tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, runner beans, cucumbers, to name just a few. This has dramatically increased the scope of use and marketability of my invention.

While this design enhancement has come a little late for the NASA Food Challenge competition, once I've got documented proof of concept, I will be preparing presentations for every single space agency with ambitions of putting people on Luna and Mars.

10 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I can now use the device to grow all kinds of crops. Tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, runner beans, cucumbers, to name just a few. This has dramatically increased the scope of use and marketability of my invention.

I think you had it covered when you were just producing loads of weed. But people like vegetables too I guess. 

Fucking kid loves the roomba.  Talks about it constantly.  Goes upstairs and starts it w/out telling anyone.  Super cute.  Fun times.

Until the cat starts shitting everywhere without anyone noticing too.

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

Fucking kid loves the roomba.  Talks about it constantly.  Goes upstairs and starts it w/out telling anyone.  Super cute.  Fun times.

Until the cat starts shitting everywhere without anyone noticing too.

Cats going to be shitting itself again if you're in the path of these tornados. 

Earlier this week an external walked up to my stand at a work expo. He didn’t want ice cream because “that’s for girls” and not congruent with his goals, he didn’t play the game, he implied the game was lame, but refused to go to other stands to play other games, when he finally did play he debated me (whose job and expertise is to know and explain why the solution is the solution) over the solution for 10 minutes, which is just embarrassing, he didn’t want a gift for playing because he doesn’t litter, he didn’t want a feedback card because that’s a waste of paper. Pal, this is an expo, there are games, gifts, treats, if all that is so against your principals, don’t participate. And if you do because you are so desperate for a flirt, take your ice cream and offer it to me who’s been boiling in that stand for 3 hours (and you know, is a girl), take the bloody card and pen and write me a cutsie note and leave it on the stand and move on. Then come back with a colleague to generate me traffic and chat again because that’s actually helpful and thoughtful. Don’t just awkwardly trash my stand and annoy me for half an hour and then expect to slide into my dms on social media in the next couple days. Like, how old are you, mate? 

On 5/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Does anyone else think car horn beeps should be illegal for commercials that play on car radios?

There is currently a commercial in the area that makes a horn noise, and I immediately go into adrenaline mode and look for the impending crash.  

It just seems unnecessarily dangerous. 

I'll second that- I always freeze up when a commercial has a horn or accident sound while driving.  I will also add to the list a recent Realty commercial that has someone breaking dishes to express frustration- I know folks that have domestic violence PTSD that the smashing sound really sets on edge.  I'm amazed some of these make it through the review process.

Today, seated among the lavish blooming of many various flowers in our community garden, was an elderly gentleman, reading one of the Wheel of Time volumes. I wasn't close enough, and /or my eyes to bad to have made out the title on the faded cover (not that I myself have ever read any of the WOT books), so I don't know which book in the series it was, but I could tell it was a Darrell K. Sweet cover.

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Earlier this week an external walked up to my stand at a work expo. He didn’t want ice cream because “that’s for girls” and not congruent with his goals, he didn’t play the game, he implied the game was lame, but refused to go to other stands to play other games, when he finally did play he debated me (whose job and expertise is to know and explain why the solution is the solution) over the solution for 10 minutes, which is just embarrassing, he didn’t want a gift for playing because he doesn’t litter, he didn’t want a feedback card because that’s a waste of paper. Pal, this is an expo, there are games, gifts, treats, if all that is so against your principals, don’t participate. And if you do because you are so desperate for a flirt, take your ice cream and offer it to me who’s been boiling in that stand for 3 hours (and you know, is a girl), take the bloody card and pen and write me a cutsie note and leave it on the stand and move on. Then come back with a colleague to generate me traffic and chat again because that’s actually helpful and thoughtful. Don’t just awkwardly trash my stand and annoy me for half an hour and then expect to slide into my dms on social media in the next couple days. Like, how old are you, mate? 

Oh, that was your stand. I am sorry :blushing:

Spoiler

j/k. I would never turn down Ice Cream. Save for Ty's homemade special. Where I simply lack faith in the ingredients.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Oh, that was your stand. I am sorry :blushing:

Hide contents

j/k. I would never turn down Ice Cream. Save for Ty's homemade special. Where I simply lack faith in the ingredients.

You're just not ready for mint chip with caramel swirls and Lucky Charms marshmallows. Prude. 

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're just not ready for mint chip with caramel swirls and Lucky Charms marshmallows. Prude. 

Yes, however, I still have a hard time believing that Ben& Jerry would be interested in your Roofy and Jizz blend.

Altho, saying it, I can now kinda see it. Ben and Jerry: Roofy and Jizz. 

Archived