Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

I bought an expensive outfit for a work event during the week, wore it, and then returned it this morning. I have no regrets and a much more palatable bank balance than I did yesterday

I bought some frozen breaded shrimp for my superbowl party.  The people went wild for my triple fried french fries and Basil Hayden.  Probably mostly the Basil Hayden but the triple fried fries went almost instantly after the bourbon came out, while the double fried fries got re fried.

Either way, I happened to notice that the expiration date on my shrimp is today, and I don't have any oil left for the deep fryer.  Can I just serve them in the fall, if they stay in the freezer the whole time?  Maybe with some hot sauce to kill whatever is in my freezer?

Also, is there such a thing a slow cooker frozen fish recipe, because some of my stuff, it's good that it's vacuum packed, just saying. 

20 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Why would you want to kill a non-venomous snake?

They are always gone by the time I get back with the spade so I can't recall any that ive actually whacked. 

The neighbor was relieved that I was unsuccessful as well because he's convinced they are marvelous. I think they are fine out in the marsh, up on the lawn, not a fan of seeing them, plus they terrorize the turtle eggs.

I'm trying to find a material for use in a new device I'm prototyping. I need some kind of steel mesh or grating. Anything that will allow water to drain through. It has to be as light as possible, but strong as hecc. Something that when cut into a 3ft x 3ft square, will be able to support 30-40kg without any chance of buckling.

Does such a material exist? 

We spent from 3 PM to 11:30 PM in our friends' outdoor courtyard garden, under lavishly leaved trees a couple hundred feet high, among assorted vines, ferns, bushes, flowers, mosses, and so on.  I seem to have achieved not one single solitary mosquito bite, despite the humidity and temps in the 80's.  :)  Yes, much happiness in the company and much delicious food!

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

I'm trying to find a material for use in a new device I'm prototyping. I need some kind of steel mesh or grating. Anything that will allow water to drain through. It has to be as light as possible, but strong as hecc. Something that when cut into a 3ft x 3ft square, will be able to support 30-40kg without any chance of buckling.

Does such a material exist? 

Look for expanded metal. That is what we call it here in Canada. I have used it for building stairs and machine guarding. It is nasty to work with as the edges are sharp but it can be welded into an angle iron frame. I hope this helps.

28 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Look for expanded metal. That is what we call it here in Canada. I have used it for building stairs and machine guarding. It is nasty to work with as the edges are sharp but it can be welded into an angle iron frame. I hope this helps.

Ah, that looks like the kinda thing I need. Thanks so much! 

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Ah, that looks like the kinda thing I need. Thanks so much! 

There are different types. One type is meant for stair treads as it has a slight Rake on one edge to make it non slip. The other type lays flat and makes a good screen. Message me directly if you have any technical questions.  I don't mind helping you out. 

4 minutes ago, maarsen said:

There are different types. One type is meant for stair treads as it has a slight Rake on one edge to make it non slip. The other type lays flat and makes a good screen. Message me directly if you have any technical questions.  I don't mind helping you out. 

That's awesome. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

Now you are spocky's accomplice in his expanding weed empire. 

Weed is legal here in Canada. :cheers: 

When Spocky gets his Nobel for growing stuff on Mars and in space, I am sure he will mention me in his acceptance speech. 

3 hours ago, maarsen said:

Weed is legal here in Canada. :cheers: 

When Spocky gets his Nobel for growing stuff on Mars and in space, I am sure he will mention me in his acceptance speech. 

Should have charged a consulting fee ;) 

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Should have charged a consulting fee ;) 

I would never do that for helping out someone. I like being helpful. It lets me show off my multitude of skills and the vast depths of my knowledge. 

Besides I like Spockydog. 

36 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I would never do that for helping out someone. I like being helpful. It lets me show off my multitude of skills and the vast depths of my knowledge. 

Besides I like Spockydog. 

It was top quality advice, and it's very much appreciated. I've been searching for a suitable material for a while now. I've looked at all kinds of mesh online. I've had stuff delivered that I thought looked okay, but the moment I touched it, I knew it was no good.

But the moment I put those magic words, expanded metal, into google, I knew my search was over. This is precisely the type of material I need.

So thank you for your advice. It was so, so helpful. And definitely worthy of a mention in my Nobel acceptance speech. 

:cheers:

Dear 1980's Fashion,

I sincerely apologize for trashing you. My generation has no right to judge. *Inserts evidence*:

The only person who approves of this is a fictional retired DA formerly known as Harvey Dent.

Oyez, Oyez. Essential information for all persons who expect to lead their lives effectively has appeared, so announced in The Media, that this is so: lip gloss is back.  As it is written, so let it be done.

Archived