Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

I went into Comcast today and told them I wouldn't pay so much for internet and a bunch of channels
I don't watch. So they said to just cancel the channels and keep the internet. I didn't know they would do that
because they have to make more money off those channels. They even had a little kit ready to pair the tv
to the computer for watching Netflix or whatever on the tv instead of the monitor. Xfinity flex it's called.
I'm looking at it now. It comes with a remote that has hardly any buttons on it because all it does is connect
to pc and has shortcuts I guess to the streaming services.

• 06/29/21, I win an auction [1000 USD] for a full body commission from an artist whose ability I really admire
  • within a day, contract is signed, details on what I'd like are sent/received 
  • 06/11/22 radio silence for several months, have yet to even receive thumbnails to choose from

I'm growing increasingly annoyed by this. I was a pro artist for several years [life changed] and now it's just for funsies [kinda, more development type stuff] but I could not imagine taking payment, signing a contract, and then doing sweet fuck all on the commission next to an entire year. Gentle reminders are one thing, but the shitty part is if I really push it, I'll either continue to get ignored, or receive a piece of shit product.

While the child in me wants to put her on fucking blast [she has 65k followers on Twitter, not sure about other platforms] the artist in me infrequently empathizes with the ADHD type, and the adult in me wants to clutch and wave the contract.

Feels like there's like zero win in this, and my ego occasionally nags.   

So there was rapid chess tournament today, 7 rounds suisse system 25 minutes per player. I decided, if I wake up on time to make I'd play.

Entrance fee 10 €

Prices:

1st 100 €

2nd 75 € 

3rd 50 €

There were three titled players in the tournament (1 IM, 2 FMs). Still, I thought, I might end up in the money, since Rapid is sorta my strong suit.

Who has four hooves and went home with 100 € price money?

Suisse system with 7 rounds with 60 entries is really sorta lottery (9 rounds is the minimum for Suisse System tournament). I scored 6/7, and I didn't have to play any of the titled players. One of the FMs finished second also with 6/7, and he was mildly annoyed that I evaded the lot of them. 

6 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

As another of the equine set, it behooves me to congratulate you on your good showing in today’s competition.  A few euros and a blue ribbon.
Well done! 

:cheers:   

8 hours ago, JGP said:
  • 06/29/21, I win an auction [1000 USD] for a full body commission from an artist whose ability I really admire
  • within a day, contract is signed, details on what I'd like are sent/received 
  • 06/11/22 radio silence for several months, have yet to even receive thumbnails to choose from

I'm growing increasingly annoyed by this. I was a pro artist for several years [life changed] and now it's just for funsies [kinda, more development type stuff] but I could not imagine taking payment, signing a contract, and then doing sweet fuck all on the commission next to an entire year. Gentle reminders are one thing, but the shitty part is if I really push it, I'll either continue to get ignored, or receive a piece of shit product.

While the child in me wants to put her on fucking blast [she has 65k followers on Twitter, not sure about other platforms] the artist in me infrequently empathizes with the ADHD type, and the adult in me wants to clutch and wave the contract.

Feels like there's like zero win in this, and my ego occasionally nags.   

Why do coincidences always tweak my feelers.

Update: I've since heard from her. 

13 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So there was rapid chess tournament today, 7 rounds suisse system 25 minutes per player. I decided, if I wake up on time to make I'd play.

Entrance fee 10 €

Prices:

1st 100 €

2nd 75 € 

3rd 50 €

There were three titled players in the tournament (1 IM, 2 FMs). Still, I thought, I might end up in the money, since Rapid is sorta my strong suit.

Suisse system with 7 rounds with 60 entries is really sorta lottery (9 rounds is the minimum for Suisse System tournament). I scored 6/7, and I didn't have to play any of the titled players. One of the FMs finished second also with 6/7, and he was mildly annoyed that I evaded the lot of them. 

Out of curiosity- who gets the other 375€?

10 minutes ago, horangi said:

Out of curiosity- who gets the other 375€?

Well, 300 €

There were also three special categories, which I didn't bother to write down (as I was inelligible to those). Each worth 25 €

Best Female 

Best Senior (65+)

Best Youngster

Prize fund was guaranteed from 50 participants upwards. Otherwise the club providing the location will want some cash. That's usually how it goes.

Today would be the birthday of the late great Waylon Jennings. (One does sometimes overlook -- to a degree -- the sheer asshole he was because he was such a great singer - songwriter.)

Descriptor of the day delights my sense of the exact: "the higher humbug."

(Yes, Boris Johnson is humbug, but he's such a low class, obvious, political humbug that 'higher' doesn't apply to him.)

During the heat dome here last summer [West coast CA] for over a week I was waking up to 29 - 30c in the morning. In. My. House.

So gross.

Archived