Small, smaller, smallest. Irrelevant shit.

BigFatCoward

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Got a new vacuum cleaner today, both myself and my wife spent a good hour being excited before we realised we needed to have a long hard look at ourselves. 

My work colleagues and I had a similar reflection when we realised our big weekend plans was a trip to the big home bargains. 

The semester is almost over.  At that time, I will have completed my 13th school year at my current place of employment.  Only one other teacher has worked there longer.  When my colleagues ask for advice, I'm always happy to help.  Yet, the question that I'm most commonly asked is, "What's the password to the office wifi?"  A couple days ago, even the IT teacher asked me that question.  Fuck that guy.

1 hour ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

The semester is almost over.  At that time, I will have completed my 13th school year at my current place of employment.  Only one other teacher has worked there longer.  When my colleagues ask for advice, I'm always happy to help.  Yet, the question that I'm most commonly asked is, "What's the password to the office wifi?"  A couple days ago, even the IT teacher asked me that question.  Fuck that guy.

Being the knower of the WiFi password is an important position! ;)

Every once in a while I think back to the dumpster fire that was the first jurrasic world movie and think back to Vincent D'Onofrio's plan of strapping cameras to the top of a raptor's head and using them to hunt terrorists in Afghanisthan

Woke up this morning, and Tulip [my 1.7 year old Frenchie] is on the floor near the tower fan in the corner of my room. Ears back. Great. 

And yup, pinched out a tiny loaf on the corner of my bed [I'd washed my bedspread  l a s t  week!]

Checking out the rest of the room, no other dook, so ok, at least she got a handle on herself. While I'm cleaning up and pulling bedspread for an emergency wash, I'm yapping at her with my voice a bit raised cause god damnit, and while doing so could tell from her expression she was mortified by the whole situation as she proceeded to finish her dump in the corner like some Sorrowful Dog. 

wtf Tulip lol

So today District ER told me they cannot to give me a tetanus or even determine if I need one, because they specialize in internal medicine. :blink: Sir, I cut my foot in a lake. Dead fish, swan pee, 25C water temp. I can determine that I need a tetanus. Are you being quite serious? 

9 hours ago, The Mance said:

Another derecho system like the one that hit Cedar Rapids last year.  

It's really interesting, I'm seeing people post photos of super bright orange skies and not that far away incredibly green skies. I was seeing all the colors because my place is fairly up high overlooking the city from the west and the sun was setting rather late.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:35 PM, RhaenysBee said:

So today District ER told me they cannot to give me a tetanus or even determine if I need one, because they specialize in internal medicine. :blink: Sir, I cut my foot in a lake. Dead fish, swan pee, 25C water temp. I can determine that I need a tetanus. Are you being quite serious? 

Don't you only need the shot once every several years?

4 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Don't you only need the shot once every several years?

My understanding is that if you have an open cut that met icky water or rusty metal or it’s an animal bite or something, you get a tetanus by default. And I don’t think they would have given me one if I wasn’t supposed to get one. The last time I got a tetanus was 12ish years ago when I cut a finger on a nail. And it’s probably also part of the childhood vaccine package. So you could say I got one every ten years? 

9 days later and I am still waiting on a reply from USAA for our problem. 

Last week I tried to withdraw money from an ATM. But the ATM did not spit out any money. The damn thing glitched. So of course I called the bank and disputed the transaction, since my checking account had been charged. 

It’ll be super irritating if I don’t get my $140 back. 

If we let the machines get away with robbing us, next thing you know they’ll be murdering us. 

23 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

9 days later and I am still waiting on a reply from USAA for our problem. 

Last week I tried to withdraw money from an ATM. But the ATM did not spit out any money. The damn thing glitched. So of course I called the bank and disputed the transaction, since my checking account had been charged. 

It’ll be super irritating if I don’t get my $140 back. 

If we let the machines get away with robbing us, next thing you know they’ll be murdering us. 

Maybe this one will remember you kindly during the robot apocolpyse

Archived